• Hoax

26 19.12%
  • I Believe!

83 61.03%
  • I don't care.

27 19.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If you throw out the I don't cares -- we have the old 1/3rd vs. 2/3rds scenario going (13 vs. 26). I won't go into what those numbers would mean in a presidetial election. .. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    But this is Treocentral. Hey this aint Florida where people dont know which spot to mark at. This is treocentral . But hey what the hell. I believe....
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    They are in the link in your post.
    Glad I didn't reference today's New York Times, the Treo User Manual or the 9/11 Report. .

The link was provided solely to support one specific statement made regarding future POS Treos. Any post containing a Palm upcoming release info gets jumped on by naysayers w/o source material so one better provide such to avoid lynching. That source was therefore provided to save my neck from rope burns.

I wouldn't wan't to be placed in a position however of having to respond to every assertion made by an author, especially when I don't quote anything else that he / she might write. The post is contained in the "Future Treos" section (the 700w is not a future Treo) and in a thread talking about when a POS Treo (the 700w is not POS) will be released. Wouldn't you agree that a discussion about the 700w shortcomings therefore belongs somewhere else ?

There is another thread on the boards in the 700w section which specifically addresses the statements you are referring to. I think your comments are legitimate (said so myself) but would be more appropriately placed there.
    why would palm realease this on a sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Glad I didn't reference today's New York Times, the Treo User Manual or the 9/11 Report. .

The link was provided solely to support one specific statement made regarding future POS Treos. Any post containing a Palm upcoming release info gets jumped on by naysayers w/o source material so one better provide such to avoid lynching. That source was therefore provided to save my neck from rope burns.

I wouldn't wan't to be placed in a position however of having to respond to every assertion made by an author, especially when I don't quote anything else that he / she might write. The post is contained in the "Future Treos" section (the 700w is not a future Treo) and in a thread talking about when a POS Treo (the 700w is not POS) will be released. Wouldn't you agree that a discussion about the 700w shortcomings therefore belongs somewhere else ?

There is another thread on the boards in the 700w section which specifically addresses the statements you are referring to. I think your comments are legitimate (said so myself) but would be more appropriately placed there.
    Just so I'm clear, you quote the author when he agrees with your point, but you disavow other points the author makes that you don't agree with, but still decide to reference the article?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    why would palm realease this on a sunday?
    A the "week of" reference. . . . . .?
    just wondering, everyone seems stuck on the 28th, doesnt make sense to release on the weekend. i would not argue...xmen 3 and new phone, all in one weekend.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    just wondering, everyone seems stuck on the 28th, doesnt make sense to release on the weekend. i would not argue...xmen 3 and new phone, all in one weekend.
    And, a 3-day weekend at that. The 29th is Memorial Day.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    hey it will make my day, oops no ...a weekend... oops no a 3 day weekend. Plus Xmen3. Hmmm now that will make my whole month or may be year (minus the day when hollywood release)
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Maybe the Treo700P has a product placement in XMen3 (get it 3/Treo???)...

Wait, now Perry is getting a call from the secret police from the movie studio wondering where the product placement rumor came from...

lol
    5/28/06ish -- Hoax or no?

The ironic thing here is Perry starts this while being the only one concrete proof here, which he can't share...............

So I say "5/28/06ish -- Hoax or no? .................... Perry, you tell us."
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  11.    #31  
    I did !!
    I stopped accepting someones "word" after - "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski" among many others. Are you telling me you're more honest than Bill Clinton, Perry?
  13.    #33  
    He sort of screwed that up for others -- didn't he?

Your comment is justified -- only time tell.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I did !!

You can't tell, thats fine, don't want to ruin a good thing. I understand. No need to get a worked up about it...................................

Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I believe they are going to release something because it will be the 2nd quarter. If they are releasing 4 phones this year, 1 per quarter seems possible.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I stopped accepting someones "word" after - "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski" among many others. Are you telling me you're more honest than Bill Clinton, Perry?

Perry may not tell you that he is...But I am telling you.

Now in my best DOOM voice....Be Nice!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Just so I'm clear, you quote the author when he agrees with your point, but you disavow other points the author makes that you don't agree with, but still decide to reference the article?
    No...we are talking about apples and I say that this year's New York apples are terrible and I quote a story about fruit that talks about apples. The story goes on to talk about 127 other fruits of the world. I ain't saying I agree with what he says about the other 127 fruits, I ain't sayin I disagree. But when 1) the thread is entitled "apples"....2) my only statement is about apples, and 3) the excerpt quote is about apples, how the heck do we wind up talking about oranges, pinappes and kiwi fruit get into the conversation ?

There are other threads covering the remaining points in the article and for the sake of forum rules, the idea is to stay "on topic". This thread is about the release date of the 700p and it ahs nothing to do with any failings, correctable or otehrwise of the 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    No...we are talking about apples and I say that this year's New York apples are terrible and I quote a story about fruit that talks about apples. The story goes on to talk about 127 other fruits of the world. I ain't saying I agree with what he says about the other 127 fruits, I ain't sayin I disagree. But when 1) the thread is entitled "apples"....2) my only statement is about apples, and 3) the excerpt quote is about apples, how the heck do we wind up talking about oranges, pinappes and kiwi fruit get into the conversation ?

There are other threads covering the remaining points in the article and for the sake of forum rules, the idea is to stay "on topic". This thread is about the release date of the 700p and it ahs nothing to do with any failings, correctable or otehrwise of the 700w.
    o.k.
    Are you safely a mile away yet? Perry has the trust and confidence of users of all stripes on this board. Your "attitude" is about as bad as your choice of comparison to Clinton.

Is there a chance that Perry's source is wrong? Yes.

Is there a chance Perry is lying about what he was told? No

Perry will be cordial in response; more so than most of the rest of us. Question a person's source, but not their character, when you choose to criticize.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Are you safely a mile away yet? Perry has the trust and confidence of users of all stripes on this board. Your "attitude" is about as bad as your choice of comparison to Clinton.

Is there a chance that Perry's source is wrong? Yes.

Is there a chance Perry is lying about what he was told? No

Perry will be cordial in response; more so than most of the rest of us. Question a person's source, but not their character, when you choose to criticize.
    Thanks Dad. First and foremost, I wasn't questioning Perry's character. I am a big fan of Perry's and look forward to his enthusiasm every day. I was making a simple point that I do not take someone's word just because they say so, regardless who it is - a point that obviously eluded you.

Please lose the holier than thou attitude and lighten up, remember this is a board to have a little fun and discuss our hobby. Most everything I say has a twinge of sarcasm and I try (albeit poorly this time) to lighten the mood, if you don't appreciate it, don't read it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast