Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    In regard to unlocked cingular gsm refurb.

I got a treo 650 replacement. Im going sell it and throw 1gb sd and some bluetooth headset.
    I dont have the box or the cd, but the unit i got was refurbished. It shows 8000 min on it. Should i tell them its refurb. it looks brand new and you cant tell unless you punch hash codes or i tell you.

would it be a problem if i say its new?
    i dont wanna say refurb cause people think there is something wrong and i get less.
    i wanna get at least 300 its unlocked and has the latest firmware, im sure someone can use it.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

If I were in your position, I would mention it if only because
    this would be a significant factor in any purchasing decision.

On the other hand, if you feel that you could live for the
    rest-of-your-life without feeling that you have done wrong,
    then by all means don't mention it.

I know what you guys are thinking... plam never bothered to
    tell us that the phone performance, speaker, headphone jack
    etc. sucked in the first place. Nor did they tell us that they
    spent all their development budget on Industrial Design and
    there was none left for engineering... or things like good quality
    components

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/25/2006 at 12:09 AM.
    Game over!
    Listing it as new is dishonest, and as such, if whoever purchases it finds out that it's not new they will probably give you negative feedback, report you to eBay, and attempt to get their money back, either through you, PayPal, etc. To me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Take pictures of it showing its perfect condition and include them in your auction. There are lots of refurbished 650's selling for more than $300 on eBay. I don't think you'll have any problems getting what you want out of it.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    In regard to unlocked cingular gsm refurb.

I got a treo 650 replacement. Im going sell it and throw 1gb sd and some bluetooth headset.
    I dont have the box or the cd, but the unit i got was refurbished. It shows 8000 min on it. Should i tell them its refurb. it looks brand new and you cant tell unless you punch hash codes or i tell you.

i dont wanna say refurb cause people think there is something wrong and i get less.
    i wanna get at least 300 its unlocked and has the latest firmware, im sure someone can use it.
    How can you NOT say refurb, IT IS. Otherwise don't mention new or refurb.
    You should list it as what it is, a refurb. You could list it as new, but even as a refurb you probably get more than 300. People seem to over-pay alot on eBay for certain things; mainly electronics.

If you list it as new, theres a chance that the person might find out and not do anything. But some people would be on you "like a hawk". They would get the money back from you, paypal, etc. someway or another; if that included calling the police or taking you to court, some people would actualy do it. They would have your address on the package, so it's not exactly hard for them to do anything. (Some might even pay you a personal visit. If they are around the area... I dunno... but some people get very pissed now adays)

99% of the population probably wouldn't go that far, but if you get that 1% that will fight it till the death... I dunno. It wouldn't be worth it to me. Some people will really go after you for stuff like that.
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    "newly factory refurbished" or "like new condition factory refurb" would be how I'd phrase it
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    How can you NOT say refurb, IT IS. Otherwise don't mention new or refurb.
    The OPer did not mention "Listing as NEW", but merely NOT mentioning it as
    refurbised in the TITLE. Also that it looked new.

I guess one should be honest for its own sake, not because of rules laid out
    by eBay and not because of (fear of) legal action at a later date.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/25/2006 at 02:33 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    Game over!
    Yes, you should. BTW, "Like New" ain't the same. There's a lot of folks on eBay selling 600's "Like New" when their refurb's and take a sh*t within 2-4weeks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I would be pissed if I bought anything thinking that it was new and then found out that it was refurb. So I would accurately describe it.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    The OPer did not mention "Listing as NEW", but merely NOT mentioning it as
    refurbised in the TITLE.
    He certainly did mention listing it as new. Read the OP again.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    Listing it as new is dishonest, and as such, if whoever purchases it finds out that it's not new they will probably give you negative feedback,
    Feedback is eBay's way of washing their hands of the quality of the products sold on their site. Make sure the buyer knows that if he leaves you negative feedback, you will leave him negative feedback as well. He is likely to be mad but do nothing.
    report you to eBay,
    eBay doesn't care
    and attempt to get their money back, either through you, PayPal, etc.
    "Through you"? You mean ask for some money? And through PayPal? Paypal does not care. Paypal will ask the seller for proof that the item was mailed. The seller gives paypal the tracking number, PayPal checks the weight then gives a form letter to the buyer telling him PayPal cannot be involved in the quality of every item blah blah blah. That's the reality.
    Yes. say it is refurb'ed.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    Listed as a refurb would not change my mind about bidding on a Treo, but if I purchased it and found out after the fact I would forever feel you were a cheat.

Just my opinion.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

He certainly did mention listing it as new. Read the OP again.
    Sorry... you're right of course. I misinterpreted the "dilemma." - mvk
    Zero out reset should clear the lifetimer, but I'd probably say it was a refurb, but probably not in the title (wouldn't say it's new in the title either)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Don't group yourself in with the scum that con people on eBay. Sell it for what it is.

Like Scotty said, don't list it as new or refurb in the title, just include it in the description somewhere. This way you won't be accused of fraud.
    I don't think a zero-out resets the life timer, it's likely in a protected area.

I would mention that it's used, but in new condition. Period.
    As long as you don't put new in the title. It will come back to bite you in the ***.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    ok thanks for the input.
    I'll put refurbished and is in excellent condition.
    then i'll list it as buy it now with no auction, so whoever is interested will buy it.
    fair enough i guess
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast