Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #21  
    btw, if you say it is new and it is not, you could end up getting it back and having to bear the cost of shipping, etc, etc.

    You might want to list that it is refurb, but received directly from the carrier, ie, you did not refurb it or use it.
  2. #22  
    Camel, glad you decided to take the high road.

    I purchased an Ipod on Ebay for my husband for Christmas and it was listed as "new," when I got it I instantly knew it was not. I was FURIOUS! I emailed the seller, he tried to play it off and I was like "Ah hell naw, don't even try it."

    Well after I threatened to give him a "negative response" and report the fraud to Ebay for misleading his auction, we finally ended up with me getting an awesome 30 gb Ipod for $130, plus the warranty had never been recorded so I got a manufacturer's warranty for it, i.e. the BB warranty it came with. (He refunded $75 to my Paypal account)

    I NEVER mislead my auctions on Ebay and have a 100% rating for treating others as I would like to be treated.

    I didn't mind it being used, I just didn't like being lied to about it to make the sale, would have brought it anyway because of the extended BB warranty.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    btw, if you say it is new and it is not, you could end up getting it back and having to bear the cost of shipping, etc, etc.
    Huh? They could send the phone back sure, but how would they get their money back? Bear the cost of shipping? Why? How? Even if he chose to accept a return, what would make him have to pay the buyer for shipping?

    You're lucky GeekyMom.
  4. #24  
    How the heck could you even think of saying it's new when it's a refurb. Shame on you!!!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    How the heck could you even think of saying it's new when it's a refurb. Shame on you!!!
    Yeah, haven't you read the manifesto? Post it for us jfscars.
  6. #26  
    It used to be that factory refurbised goods used to be marked as
    such in a manner that cannot be erased (hotstamping...). I guess
    they don't do that anymore. Or do they?

    - mvk
  7. #27  
    I once bought a new car that I later found out was really a refurbished one.

    I removed the black tape the dealer had put over the speedometer to mask the mileage and found that it had 8000 miles on it...

  8. #28  
    Any dishonesty will always come back and bite you in the arse....well unless you a politician. Any proof of dishonesty there is always thrown up as a conspiracy by the other party.

    For one thing, how many TC members would buy from ya if ya misrepresented and went to post here in marketplace.
  9. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Huh? They could send the phone back sure, but how would they get their money back? Bear the cost of shipping? Why? How? Even if he chose to accept a return, what would make him have to pay the buyer for shipping?

    I buy everything from ebay with a cc, after I get an email confirming the specs. I have received items that did not match the spec. When this happens, I simply dispute the charge with the cc company. the result is that I get ALL my money back, therefore, the seller has to absorb the cost of shipping. Also, if they want their crap back, they have to send a pickup tag for shipping, hence they have to pay shipping both ways.

    I had to buy a web domain once, and checked with the cc company. They said if it wasn't what it was supposed to be, I would not be responsible for the charge.

    I never buy on ebay without a cc......

    ps - I even got a $450 charge from Cingular reversed when they shipped a locked phone, having committed that it was unlocked, and then they said they never got the phone back....
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    I once bought a new car that I later found out was really a refurbished one.

    I removed the black tape the dealer had put over the speedometer to mask the mileage and found that it had 8000 miles on it...

    Oh no, not the Caddy!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh no, not the Caddy!!
    Yeah...

    Here's a photo of it still at the dealership...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    I buy everything from ebay with a cc, after I get an email confirming the specs. I have received items that did not match the spec. When this happens, I simply dispute the charge with the cc company. the result is that I get ALL my money back, therefore, the seller has to absorb the cost of shipping. Also, if they want their crap back, they have to send a pickup tag for shipping, hence they have to pay shipping both ways.

    I had to buy a web domain once, and checked with the cc company. They said if it wasn't what it was supposed to be, I would not be responsible for the charge.

    I never buy on ebay without a cc......

    ps - I even got a $450 charge from Cingular reversed when they shipped a locked phone, having committed that it was unlocked, and then they said they never got the phone back....
    99% of eBay sellers have no merchant account, so I assume you are talking about PayPal, who's terms of service read that you're not allowed to do an end run around them and attempt a chargeback directly with your credit card company, however nothing prevents you from doing this. The first time you do it, you are likely to just get a warning, the second time they can cancel your paypal account. Furthermore, many sellers accept PayPal through bank account only.
  13. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    99% of eBay sellers have no merchant account, so I assume you are talking about PayPal, who's terms of service read that you're not allowed to do an end run around them and attempt a chargeback directly with your credit card company, however nothing prevents you from doing this. The first time you do it, you are likely to just get a warning, the second time they can cancel your paypal account. Furthermore, many sellers accept PayPal through bank account only.
    All I can tell you is that I've confirmed this approach several times through my cc company and have used it at least once (never got any warning or other communication that I recall). If Paypal wants to cancel my account, go for it, I just doubt they would do so and risk the future income. As far as paypal thru a bank account, I've never heard of a seller stipulating this, nor have I ever seen this as an option.... Learn something new every day...
  14. #34  
    yeah one reason for it is because accepting a paypal payment via credit card is not free
  15. #35  
    I think a bigger Ethical Delima: for me, would be starting a bunch of stupid threads just to get a bunch of Legitimate Treo's over my Head.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions