1.    #1  
    I wrote T-Mobile last week to request that they support and carry the Treo 700, both the "W" and the upcoming "P" flavors. Here is the response I got:

"At this time T-Mobile is not considering launching either Treo model."

Guess I'll be biting the bullet and switching to Cingular when the 700P comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexray
    I wrote T-Mobile last week to request that they support and carry the Treo 700, both the "W" and the upcoming "P" flavors. Here is the response I got:

"At this time T-Mobile is not considering launching either Treo model."

Guess I'll be biting the bullet and switching to Cingular when the 700P comes out.
    ...that's not really that surprising. To be honest, no disrespect intended, in my book T-Mobile is almost a "non-entity". In other words, being in the wireless game we used to (three or four years ago) get a lot of customers that would talk about what T-mo was offering as an offset to what we had. You know, like competition? But that just isn't the case anymore. The Katherine Zeta-Jones commercials are great, but I think the prepaid "Poser Mobile" guys scared the hell out of America!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    This just in....... this topic has been cover many a times over the YEARS.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I just paid tmobile their ETF fee and walked out. Im very happy with sprint. very very happy and will not give it up for anythig else.
    Oh btw I save $35 a month and i get more minutes with sprint and more features!
    T-mobile used to be nice, but just got greedy and everyone I know is canceling and going everywhere (mainly sprint)
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    everyone I know is canceling and going everywhere (mainly sprint)
    wow new yorkers moving onto Sprint...hell must be freezing over. I've convinced 2 to get Sprint, and they've been extremely happy, but they're always very apprehensive beforehand. You get the same vibe?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    wow new yorkers moving onto Sprint...hell must be freezing over. I've convinced 2 to get Sprint, and they've been extremely happy, but they're always very apprehensive beforehand. You get the same vibe?
    well with my plan it goes like this

SERO
    Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

* 500 Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Unlimited Vision Access
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail
    * Unlimited Vision or Powervision

I get those for Free simply by asking
    * Nights: M-Th 6PM-7AM Wknd: F 6PM-M 7AM
    * 500 Text messages for free

Total: $35 including tax X 22% discount from my company =$27/month taxes included. And I refered 10 friends and getting $25 bux each =$250 and they get that too, so im all ready for the treo 700p and EVDO. How can you go wrong with that?

on the other hand my tmobile plan is around $70 a month with crippled internet and service (remember the treo SOS message, i thought that was my provider sometimes)

I'll post a review of treo 650 tmo vs t650 sprint with pics soon as i get time

I used to have TMobile... quite frankly their coverage sucks so badly (here in los angeles, I didn't get reception in about half the house) that it might be good they don't sell Treo's. Saves the professionals in this world some time and hassle.

I personaly think the network has to come first as it makes no sence to have cheaper service (which now really isn't cheaper for internet atleast) if it doesnt work most the time. Rather pay a bit more and have something I can use.

I kind of see TMobile possibly going more to the lines of "teen phone service". They are selling the MDA, Sidekick, phones that the teens like at a price they can (most likely) afford. They get a load of minutes, teens like to talk and the commercials seem to be aimed more toward a younger audience. Your business user with a Treo, I've yet to see a non-geek teen using a Treo, will wan't good service over price. Your average teen, probably doesn't really care if their network doesn't work absolutely everywhere as long as they got whatever phone is "hot" at the time.
    Plus, T-Mo is just for the Sidekick thing. Their making good money on that, so why expand.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel

I get those for Free simply by asking
    * Nights: M-Th 6PM-7AM Wknd: F 6PM-M 7AM
    * 500 Text messages for free
    By asking how and what?? I try to even beg but i didnt get even one sms free. Also my nights and weekends starts at 9pm. Damn
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    I used to have TMobile... quite frankly their coverage sucks so badly (here in los angeles, I didn't get reception in about half the house) that it might be good they don't sell Treo's. Saves the professionals in this world some time and hassle.

I personaly think the network has to come first as it makes no sence to have cheaper service (which now really isn't cheaper for internet atleast) if it doesnt work most the time. Rather pay a bit more and have something I can use.

I kind of see TMobile possibly going more to the lines of "teen phone service". They are selling the MDA, Sidekick, phones that the teens like at a price they can (most likely) afford. They get a load of minutes, teens like to talk and the commercials seem to be aimed more toward a younger audience. Your business user with a Treo, I've yet to see a non-geek teen using a Treo, will wan't good service over price. Your average teen, probably doesn't really care if their network doesn't work absolutely everywhere as long as they got whatever phone is "hot" at the time.
    I agree. Tmobile got best customer service. But their network sucks at places. Also with increasing rates for internet (edge) and taking Treos off their supported phones, they wont be doing much good. I dont think that being NBA official wireless provider will make them look good in long run.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    This just in....... this topic has been cover many a times over the YEARS.
    ...now see? And here I was, over the past year's worth of experiences at NFL games, about to change my opinion on "Steeler Fans" and you go and ruin it. Thanks! We'll discuss whatever we want, and the mods can merge the threads as they see fit.

And besides, what HASN'T been discussed sixteen billion times over here at T/C?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    By asking how and what?? I try to even beg but i didnt get even one sms free. Also my nights and weekends starts at 9pm. Damn
    you didnt miss out on this. did you?
    http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93013

I've had T-Mobile since March 2004, and I have been pretty happy with them. Started with a 600, now have a 650. It does not appear to make any difference whether they "support" the phone or not. Everything works pretty well, and coverage in Northern CA is pretty reasonable, although there are areas in the boonies where there's no coverage. MobiTV works and so do all other services.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have been on t-mo with the 270/600/650. And will probably get the next unlocked gsm model to use on t-mo.

I'm not on contract, so every once in awhile i think about moving but no other carrirer offers 1000 minutes free night and weekends for $30. This plan isnt available anymore (at least not the free nights and weekends part), but it does pop up every once in while.

I pay $20 for full interent and always have.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.