1.    #1  
    I want to purchase a cradle for my current Treo 650. What's stopping me is that as soon as the "hollywood" or next GSM treo comes out I am going to buy it right away. So obviously I dont want to spend the money on the cradle if I am only going to be able to use it for a few months. My question is does anyone know if the future treos will have the same connection on the bottom as the 650. I know the 700w works with the same cradle but don't know anything about the other 3 that are expected this year. Thanks.
    Unfortunately, you know as much, as we do. My speculation is that the connection for communication and power will be the same as the 650/700W and 700P -- for sync and charger cords-- but style of the future models could potentially create a problem for a new device in a cradle designed for an older style.

Not a clue.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Perry.
    Based upon leaked financial reports which mention a "smaller" treo and the suppossedly leaked pictures, I doubt a 650 cradle will work.....of course that's no issue for a true gadget hound as 650 goes to spouse / significant other. I do have one 700p accessory which I mailed to Perry yesterday .
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    ...I do have one 700p accessory which I mailed to Perry yesterday .
    Do tell.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    I want to purchase a cradle for my current Treo 650. What's stopping me is that as soon as the "hollywood" or next GSM treo comes out I am going to buy it right away. So obviously I dont want to spend the money on the cradle if I am only going to be able to use it for a few months. My question is does anyone know if the future treos will have the same connection on the bottom as the 650. I know the 700w works with the same cradle but don't know anything about the other 3 that are expected this year. Thanks.
    get a cheap cradle of of ebay.... sell it later along with your 650.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Do tell.
    I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone jumped on Jack's little announcenment. How do I get myself into these situations? We shall see how much I can spill when it arrives. I do not know what is in the envelope/box/package, nor whether or not it will arrive with a NDA.

I will report back at 10pm (EST) tomorrow with a gag order or some news, if it arrives tomorrow. The fact that it is stated to be a 700p accessory is interesting in itself.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/24/2006 at 06:25 PM.
    Is it in Pearlized Lilac??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Was it spray painted?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    There are two parts to the "will it fit" question. The first is the connector, the second is physical size.

I'm pretty confident the connector will be the same. The 650 has Palm's newest connector design. In fact, it was first introduced on the 650, is also used on the LifeDrive and the 700W. It seems pretty safe to bet that Palm will use this connector for the forseeable future.

As for physical, it's anyone's guess. Given that the Hollyweird is rumored to be thinner than the 650, you could probably make it work with some judicious padding, but there's no way to know for sure.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone jumped on Jack's little announcenment. How do I get myself into these situations? We shall see how much I can spill when it arrives. I do not know what is in the envelope/box/package, nor whether or not it will arrive with a NDA.

I will report back at 10pm (EST) tomorrow with a gag order or some news, if it arrives tomorrow. The fact that it is stated to be a 700p accessory is interesting in itself.

Cheers, Perry.
    No package arrived today. If I can comment -- the earliest will now be 10pm Monday evening.

Cheers, Perry.
    I wonder, why don't they put an USB connector and be done with it?

(A business model based on expensive accessories is slightly suspect)

What I desire:
    USB connector for external connectivity.
    3.5 MM universal jack for stereo and mic.
    5 MM (4 MM?) cylindrical power connector (like Nokia).

- mvk
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex

What I desire:

- mvk
    That would just be too easy for Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex

What I desire:

- mvk
    actually, that's what they have on the Tungsten|E and I hated it.

Even though it can charge (veeeeeerrrrrryyyyy slowly) through the miniUSB, you always have to plug in 2 cords, and if you want to charge and sync at the same time you have to have a power outlet near your computer... or do the 2 things separately.
    - Jeeman

Cheers, Perry.
    The package arrived today from Treo Prototype Tester's Group; a stylus, purportedly for the Treo 700P. The attached image is of the instructions.

Cheers, Perry.

BTW Jack: Thanks for the stylus! Much nicer than the paint worn one I had. And it is so nice to know it will move on up to the 700P!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/28/2006 at 08:54 AM.
    The package arrived today from Treo Prototype Tester's Group; a stylus, proportedly for the Treo 700P. The attached image is of the instructions.

Cheers, Perry.
    Very nice.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    The new treos will almost certainly use the same athena connector, but the form factors will probably be different. However does anyone know if the Treo 700w fits in the 650 Palm OEM cradle? I would be interested to find that out...

Also, if you truely want to be careful, you might want to checkout the Seidio cradle sice it most likely will be able to work with future Treos since it uses a more free standing docking position...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The package arrived today from Treo Prototype Tester's Group; a stylus, purportedly for the Treo 700P. The attached image is of the instructions.

Cheers, Perry.

BTW Jack: Thanks for the stylus! Much nicer than the paint worn one I had. And it is so nice to know it will move on up to the 700P!!

That's hysterical.

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Actually- considering how Palm has changed the stylus over the years, and that they get lost, it is one thing that you would have hoped they would have standardized by now.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Wow! That's (I'm a total total sucker noob, completely bought in and was waiting for pic) nice.
    "Cable Modem? DSL? click http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7346966394232063929 to understand quake "