1.    #1  
    1. Have video built-in?
    2. Have issues with current palm software?

I know when the 650 came out with the new file system the software companies were playing like crazy to fix the software to work well with new 650 palms, will this happen again with new 700's?

Also, do you think there will be better multimedia support like video playback, etc>?

Thanks in advance.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    My God. If you search you should get answers to all of your questions. Also how the hell we should tell you something that we dont even see. Just like I didnt predict that USA is going to win world baseball championship; I am not predicting any issues that Treo700P will or will not have. Follow my advice. Wait till august. Then come back and look for forum listed "Treo700P". You will know all issues there. Till then swear to yourself not to create new thread till August. For God sake.... please....
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  3.    #3  
    dude chill.....this thread is called "Future Treos" and this IS a discussion forum.
    You don't like the post? Well move on......nothing good to say, then don't say it.

You need more sleep bro.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    if u look around, there are already threads related. for example http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110043
    You got to look around before posting a whole new thread. As per video built-in thingy. TCPMP player work fine with me.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    1. Have video built-in?
    2. Have issues with current palm software?

I know when the 650 came out with the new file system the software companies were playing like crazy to fix the software to work well with new 650 palms, will this happen again with new 700's?

Also, do you think there will be better multimedia support like video playback, etc>?

Thanks in advance.
    #1. Yes. One of the ways your friendly neighborhood carrier is trying to keep you online is with video. 700W supports it, I see no reason why 700P wouldn't.

#2. No. The OS is expected to be the same. (Garnet v.5.4.9 vs. the current Garnet v.5.4.8.)

Given the increased memory and heap size, it should perform slightly better than the 650.

-- Bill, speaking ex cathedra from his navel
    Well I am glad you think peeps like me am some kind of authority to ask what I think about something none of us has seen. But if ya think about it, the 700 is a minor upgrade to the 650. No new file system, no new OS, no new functionality such as BT. You gonna get a little more memory and faster data speeds.

1. As for video built in, the 650 camera app has the ability to play movies so why should the 700 be any different ?

2. As for software, with no file system changes other than allowing FAT32 card formatting which also works fine on the 650 if ya load the prc into ROM, I don't see why the file system should cause anyone problems.
    great questions...keep 'em comin'
    I would tend to hope that the 700p doesn't cause users to be beta testers like the 650 and that they fix things like volume & call quality. So, I think logically, there shouldn't be the level of problems with the 700p that the 650 had...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett
    I would tend to hope that the 700p doesn't cause users to be beta testers like the 650 and that they fix things like volume & call quality. So, I think logically, there shouldn't be the level of problems with the 700p that the 650 had...
    good points.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett
    The 650's problems were mainly on the early sprint release...later phones were 12 db higher and most of the problems were fixed by then. Kinda like Windows....it's still a beta until service pak 3 is released
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I agree with the beta issue Jack. My Treo has been trouble free since the day they were available on cingular. I have tracked every issue back to 3rd party apps. My volume is fine, BT works fine. Now when I get in a heuury and load several new apps at once, I usually end up going back deleting and starting over to find the culprit.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"