Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I remember getting soooo excited about the treo 650 when it was about to come out... all the rumours, all the sneak previews.... until I bought one! I couldnt even load all my treo 600 apps into memory - because there wasnt any! we all spent MONTHS looking for ways to get the device to work properly, and it took people like Shadow and James to hack these things in order to get them to do what the manufacturer said they should do. Even now, its not perfect, its still crashes every so often. But I live with it.

So whats going to be wrong with the 700P? Are we going to discover that the storage isnt really accesible to the user? Or the speed is way too slow? or you cant map the hard keys? Or you cant hear the person at the other end? or the speakerphone is worthlessOr bluetooth doesnt connect all the time? And what is that side key really for?

Lets at least be prepared for the dissappointment so that it wont be so hard to deal with WHEN it comes...
    It would be nice if the delay was because they actually tested the device themselves, instead of making the buyers the beta testers!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It would be nice if the delay was because they actually tested the device themselves, instead of making the buyers the beta testers!
    That's a good point. I'd be willing to wait the extra time for that.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    problems?
    probably still no wifi
    still comes with the antenna
    The Golden Bell thingie will not flash fast enough.

No music via bluetooth
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    This is great. It ain't out yet. Most of us will buy it. And we already have our list of complaints ready!

This is like my boss's favorite comment about our work:

"Appreciative, but never satisfied."

So here is to you Palm:

We appreciate you, but we are never satisfied!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/20/2006 at 06:05 AM.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    No music via bluetooth
    Not out of the box, maybe. You can use Audio Gateway from Softick (on any current Palm except the Z22), so that should work with at most a version update...

http://www.softick.com/
    It will have problems because it will never satisfy every single user 100%. Some people want more RAM, some WiFi, or GPS...you name it. The phone will never be perfect out of the box. It will be up to us to modify it to our needs.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    There are always things that people are not satisfied with. Whether it's call quality or just the way it feels or even hardware/software issues.

- I doubt that call quality will be an issue, I mean really...why make a smartPHONE when the phone function is inferior?--and even then, we have apps. like Volume Care that people made to make their treos worth the money.
    - Memory is am assuming will be an issue. While we all wish that the treos were packed with a 1 gig user-accessible memory (or even a mini hard drive!), it is far-fetched. Thus we have the expandable memory slots.
    - The camera (not the life of the Treo party I am sure) will probably be a small improvement, not a ground-shaking 2 MP even (would be cool though).
    - Generally it will be same form factor, if you don't like it...get an iSkin with legs for it or whatever.
    - The screen (huge part of the Treo itself) will probably...no...BETTER be superior than the crappy 240x240, cause then I am going to hit someone if it does not happen. Would be nicer if it was a tad bigger too...though it would make the device bigger...but I think I can live with it being a tad bigger.
    - The software, if Palm, will be great--hopefully an upgraded version of some sort. I think Windows should have stuck to Pocket PCs, not Palms...just like Mac should have stuck to "G" processors...but that's another topic.
    - Wi-Fi would be excellent, but I see it not happening...Palm wants us to suffer.
    - Super Duper Ultra Mega high speed connections would be great too!
    - Better speaker...maybe even 2 stereo speakers would be really awesome.--not gonna happen.
    - Faster processor (PLEASE!)
    - Made for both GSM and CDMA. Seriously, GSM users have needs too!

We will never be satisfied with a product, we'll always wish that it will not only help us be more productive on the road, but also allow us to have maximum mobility even in the most unproffessional environments...like the toilet. But someday...perhaps our children's children will witness a Treo that is nothing like we've ever experienced. It can not only be our mobile offices...but can also have wheels and take us to work (or McDonalds...or work AT McDonalds...err..) or maybe it'll hook to our spines (Doc. Oct style) and become a jetpack or something...

Yeah now i'm just rambling about crap.

Those were my 2 cents!
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    It's bad enough we get a million "I just have seen the 700" threads, but now we're asking what problems a phone that none of us have used or held (save for Merlyn,) and now you want to speculate on a speculation?

Wow...you all have lost it!

But, while we're at it, who do you think the number one draft pick in the 2012 NFL draft will be?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm curious, how many with crashing problems use their Treos with no third party apps, because I'm sure that's how they test them. I wouldn't expect the 700p to have any problems in 100% stock form. I know people have had problems with their Treos out-of-the-box, but that's always going to happen with some percentage of mass-produced electronics. That sucks if it happens to you, but that's the way things work.

Unlike the 650, I won't be an early adopter because I want to ensure the third party apps I use have been optimized for the 700p. However, I don't think that's a problem with the 700p or the apps. It's a different device, so you have to expect apps designed for a different model won't work on day one.

I do not characterize as a "problem" an external antenna, no bluetooth music, no WiFi, etc. How can those be problems with a device if they are not there to begin with? I think "disappointment" is a better word.

I will add that I think the volume issues will not be a problem for most people on the 700p.
    I'm not gonna buy it the second it comes out, I'm gonna wait it out a while and see what the people have to say. Then I shall point and laugh.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    what a stupid thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    HAHAHA!!! You slay me! A software company with an active QA department? That's crazy talk right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But, while we're at it, who do you think the number one draft pick in the 2012 NFL draft will be?
    That is easy...the 2 kids below will go 1 and 2 on the draft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Duh! DO you really need to ask? Okay, three words: Walker, Texas Ranger.
    It will reset constantly, incompatible with so many programs and it will probably be sluggish and it will take 6 months and 5 patches before it stabilize a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Duh! DO you really need to ask? Okay, three words: Walker, Texas Ranger.
    I thought he was already dead...oh wait..it was his career...nevermind.
    I am affard it can't use mp3 as ringtone and animated gif as caller avatar. It will send a few people into fitting rage.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast