Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    They temp pulled the Razr's t fix a problem. They are back out on the shelves now. If you're going to tell a story tell the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    As far as the minimal upgrade assumption goes I will say once you start using EVDO, 1.2 B/T, 1.3 MP, 64mb it won't feel like a BS upgrade. The EVDO alone is going to blow you away and wait till you get to voice dial through a BT headset with generous range. A camera that you could actually use your printer's valuable ink to print with. Sprint TV is not to shabby over EVDO either.

If there is one let down anywhere it is the same form factor. Palm may think it's perfect but I think MOST people would like to see them lose the antenna and have a more slim design *cough Q cough *. The form factor is starting to be a little outdated. Slim is in.

But for the most part I think it's a fair upgrade for the $400-$500 price range, now if the put a $649 sticker price on it( That's $700 with tax where I live) then I might be a little disappointed.
    He aint lying. EVDO was the ONLY thing making me consider keeping my PPC6700. It's amazingly fast. Like going from 56K to cable. But all the various reasons already mentioned here, I switched back to my 650.
    Once you've experienced EVDO, the whining about minimal upgrades will cease immediately.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Yeah, I WAS thinking of the Sidekick, but then I realized how crappy it was and how much it could NOT do. Reason why i was selling my Treo 650 was because, first of all, I owned the treo for about a year, and was quite happy with it, but I wanted something with more features. Don't get me wrong, the Treo was great, and so I am looking forward to an upgrade very soon (not the 700w though, the screen being 240x240 kills it for me) I want something with a bigger screen so I can browse online and whatnot. Or something that will give me faster internet speeds that is not my crappy T-Mobile slow GPRS speeds (not even EDGE). I just wish they would already come out with a GSM Treo upgrade already, it's freaking annoying to have to wait while Sprint and/or Verizon are getting the newer stuff--but then again, they have better internet speeds.

In regards to the RAZR. It was the RAZR V3 that was pulled off the shelves, not the V3i. This happened a week or so ago, which I spoke to both Cingular and T-Mobile about. They have replaced those old flawed ones for newer ones (same model). The V3i as far as I know is pretty good, there aren't any huge problems with it as far as I'm concerned, plus mine is unbranded, so it doesn't have the custom carrier software inside of it.
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman
    Man, without the antenna the Treo would
    1. fit in my pocket much better
    2. Allow me to pass off the Treo as a PDA, which would keep the flight attendents from harrassing me on a plane.
    3. Look so much cooler,

This was discussed in other threads, but the points I mentioned are important to me. The antenna makes it look like a phone, I've had my wireless off (radio off), and was reading an ebook at the hospital, when a nurse came over and made me turn it off. She didn't care that the radio was off, it looked like I was using a phone and she wasn't hearing any of it. Without an antenna, it's just another palm pilot (like the ones the doctors use)...
    Got to have an external antenna...I want to make sure I get service when I am out in but f_@$$% nowhere. I am pretty sure the internal antenna has the same signal strength, but it just makes me feel better knowing the appendage is hanging out...that sounded sick. I meant I like to see my antenna...still sick. I like my antenna to hang out...forget I even said anything
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Got to have an external antenna...I want to make sure I get service when I am out in but f_@$$% nowhere. I am pretty sure the internal antenna has the same signal strength, but it just makes me feel better knowing the appendage is hanging out...that sounded sick. I meant I like to see my antenna...still sick. I like my antenna to hang out...forget I even said anything

I don't know about the how the Treo 700 is gonna be, but I know that on my regular cell phone, having the external antenna can make a big difference. It has an extendable antenna on it (no, it's not that old) and extending it that extra inch makes a big signal difference, so it's possible that having an internal antenna might make that difference, though most people in metropolitan areas, or living near towers wouldn't notice. I can't say for sure, though, because I have never owned a phone with an internal antenna, nor I do I know anyone who does. Just speculation.

P.s. Antennas are good because they're awesome for poking someone with to be annoying....don't deny that you've done it, I know you have.....Once it's gone, then what are you gonna do, slap them with the device? That's assault!

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I don't know about the how the Treo 700 is gonna be, but I know that on my regular cell phone, having the external antenna can make a big difference. It has an extendable antenna on it (no, it's not that old) and extending it that extra inch makes a big signal difference, so it's possible that having an internal antenna might make that difference, though most people in metropolitan areas, or living near towers wouldn't notice. I can't say for sure, though, because I have never owned a phone with an internal antenna, nor I do I know anyone who does. Just speculation.

P.s. Antennas are good because they're awesome for poking someone with to be annoying....don't deny that you've done it, I know you have.....Once it's gone, then what are you gonna do, slap them with the device? That's assault!
    I never tried poking anyone with my antenna...sounds like a good idea. I have a bad habbit of putting my antenna in my mouth when I am pondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I never tried poking anyone with my antenna...sounds like a good idea. I have a bad habbit of putting my antenna in my mouth when I am pondering.

Hide away stun gun accessory for dealing with those co-workers on the next Treo, who's with me?

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Hide away stun gun accessory for dealing with those co-workers on the next Treo, who's with me?
    I'm with ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Just like someone said here on board somewhere, how the hell you will get your treo out of your pocket with no external antenna???
    Telekinesis?
    TREOkinesis?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    He aint lying. EVDO was the ONLY thing making me consider keeping my PPC6700. It's amazingly fast. Like going from 56K to cable. But all the various reasons already mentioned here, I switched back to my 650.
    Once you've experienced EVDO, the whining about minimal upgrades will cease immediately.
    Love your avatar
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    wish it has wifi just like T|X and support WPA Enterprise...

Does its Exchange activesync works with Exchange SP2 mail PUSH?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Built-in zapper application, use like a laser pointer and zap you victim from up to 45 feet away.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I think Jack Bauer has this feature on his Treo. Since his can program a bomb to explode and program an SD card (his calls it his thumbdrive) to explode in the bad guys iPaq, it's not a stretch to think his includes a laser.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Diffrent model

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=2&pp=33
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

I'd buy one. Most of that was humorous, but a few of the ideas presented there would actually be pretty cool on a device. I especially liked the projector and the infrared keyboard. The projector might actually be doable at some point. I don't know about the keyboard though, even if that would be cool. I'm glad I wasn't the only person to acknowledge that our Treos need built in tazers. Don't kid yourselves, those suburbs can get rough at night.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

I want to get rid of the antenna AND pull the top of the phone longer so it's a bigger screen. It'd be widescreen when you look at it sideways for movies.
    ricochet - is your name from the old wireless system?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    ricochet - is your name from the old wireless system?
    I'm not sure what wireless system you're referring to -- it's just an old nickname. Supposedly I ran cross country bouncing up and down too much (poor stride mgt I guess) and someone said my running looked like Ricochet Rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    I'm not sure what wireless system you're referring to -- it's just an old nickname. Supposedly I ran cross country bouncing up and down too much (poor stride mgt I guess) and someone said my running looked like Ricochet Rabbit.
    An early wireless data provider, along with OmniSky.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    An early wireless data provider, along with OmniSky.
    Someone remembered!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast