Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Munk:

No, she is not what you would expect at all. I wonder why she doesn't have a pic of herself as her avatar? If I were a young, cute girl I would.

On the other hand, maybe it would draw too much attention. . .
    okay, okay...I went.

I was wrong. She's a good 100 pounds lighter, and shows no evidence of BHS (Big Hair Syndrome) that many in that part of our fine country sport.

And the Normandy pic is cool!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    For the record, however, if you look at the car pictures, I do believe there is some trailer park action.
    I would love to have my treo look like that....everyone comments on my hot pink Vaja case....but it isn't standing up to even light wear and tear!

Would love to see step by step photos.....don't think I have the guts though! Maybe on a clear case though!
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    I love things that sparkle and collect handbags yet I love getting all grubby while working on cars. I guess you could call me a girly tomboy. Anyways, I decided to crystal my treo. I had my previous phone (Sony Ericcson z500) done in a different color and I loved it. It was so nice being able to find it in my purse because it has such a distinct feel. Besides, now nobody will want to steal it

You may like it, you may not, really doesn't matter to me. I like it, and thats whats important.

For the curious, I hand glued each stone on and used over 1500 Swarovski crystals (size 9ss, and a few 5ss) and Gem-Tac glue. It took me a weekend to do (on and off), and no, I didn't do it because I want to be like Paris Hilton or any of those other celebrities. I just like how it looks and feels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/stuff008.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/stuff007.jpg
    You sound like Jeremy(The Crow) in The Secret of Nimh.

http://www.impawards.com/1982/poster..._nimh_ver2.jpg
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Aha! I found someone with the nerve to bling their Treo.. I have 2 gross of clear and pink crystals waiting for me to do mine, I just don't have the nerve... Mine are 3mm (10ss) so they may be a little big even... Were you able to get them in tightly around the margins? I would have to start with a straight margin and work back and I think I'd end up with a mess and it'd be crooked.... and then I'd really be hacked off.

Looks very pretty.. does it get dirty? Like, after time, will it get ucky?

Bek

PS I forgot to say that I ordered a clear hard case and I'm thinking I can bling it up instead of the actual phone....lol
    I started with the back and did that first. The only place where it can be kinda hard is on the edges. I actually ran out of stones so i haven't been able to finish right around the screen and stuff. And no, it doesn't get dirty. I only used a little bit of glue for each stone, and they're so tightly packed, its impossible for it to really get in there. My old phone I did like a year ago, and it still looks nice and clean. (It is, however, a little bit uneven in a spot or two cuz it was the first phone i've ever done. I haven't gotten the nerve to try a design yet!)
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    urr...ok?
    Last edited by babydol; 03/18/2006 at 11:18 AM.
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    okay, okay...I went.

I was wrong. She's a good 100 pounds lighter, and shows no evidence of BHS (Big Hair Syndrome) that many in that part of our fine country sport.

And the Normandy pic is cool!
    Yah the Normandy pics were actually taken the summer after my junior year of HS (2001). A group of us went on a school trip to France for two weeks. We traveled a bit of everywhere...Normandy, the southern coast, Paris, countryside...man I want to go back...
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by brett3333
    For the record, however, if you look at the car pictures, I do believe there is some trailer park action.
    Just because I live in a mobile right now means nothing. Its just temporary. Rent here is 50 more a month than at our old apartment and my fiance and I get like 3 times more room than we did at the apartment. Besides...our dog actually has a yard he can play in now.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Munk:

No, she is not what you would expect at all. I wonder why she doesn't have a pic of herself as her avatar? If I were a young, cute girl I would.

On the other hand, maybe it would draw too much attention. . .
    Actually, I dont have a pic that I really like enough to use as an avatar. Besides, this is TreoCentral....I should be featuring my treo, not myself. :-D I figure if people wanna see what I look like, they can see the link in my profile.
    Rock on Babybol, I had mines Crystalized (pink of course) some time ago. My students call it the "bling" phone! -LOL
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  11.    #51  
    thanks. i was going to do purple and silver (my favorite colors) but I decided on pink because everything else i seem to have is purple. I'd love to see pics of your phone if you have some.
    Wow, rough crowd...

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Here ya go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    For the record, if you read carefully, I do believe there is some ***hole action. . .
  15.    #55  
    i agree
    Brett3333, see what you have done? Not cool I mean come on the thread title is Ooh, sparkly. This is a woman, not one of the guys for you to jab at. While i dont think you meant any harm, it just wasnt the time or place. Now say your sorry and move on quitely.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I am so jealous! Wonder if my Mom would let me practice on hers first (yeah right!)...

I really do like it! Actually I think there is a company that does this kind of thing....and charges big bucks for it. Are the crystals expensive?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers
    I am so jealous! Wonder if my Mom would let me practice on hers first (yeah right!)...

I really do like it! Actually I think there is a company that does this kind of thing....and charges big bucks for it. Are the crystals expensive?
    yah, there is a company called NYCPeach that works with t-mobile (i think thats who did paris hilton's sidekick?) but it costs like 400 dollars. I'd rather spend the $50-60 to do it myself! I got the crystals in bulk from a website online (dreamtimecreations.com) ---- MUCH cheaper than mailing it off.
    Blinged up accessories is all the rage. Folks out on the left coast are paying big bucks for bejeweled phones, Sidekicks, etc. Whatever floats your boat. Kudos for doing it yourself!
    Okay, I do appreciate the idea of personalizing your Treo (you use sparkles, I use software). But you HAVE to do one thing for us... when you get that thing caught in your hair you MUST post pictures.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast