Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1527
    ha ha, i'm almost up to 1 post / year. i better slow down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Is there a point?

Yes.

May 28

48 Days.

Idon't want to be the possible messenger of bad news, but.......I just talked with a Sprint rep and asked what phones are coming out soon. She said she just got a memo, pulled it up, and read to me that the Treo 700p will not be released until June. She did not have a specific date.

EDIT: This date is already being discussed here:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=111507
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/11/2006 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmenahem
    ha ha, i'm almost up to 1 post / year. i better slow down.
    Your current posting daily ratio is 0.00 so you just bested your daily ratio by 100% with that last post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Idon't want to be the possible messenger of bad news, but.......I just talked with a Sprint rep and asked what phones are coming out soon. She said she just got a memo, pulled it up, and read to me that the Treo 700p will not be released until June. She did not have a specific date.

May 28 may be for corporate customers. But it was only a projection date anyway.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    so is the email i got today from palm advertising $144 worth of free accessories when purchasing a new 650 and new low price on the units further sign of clearing out stock?

Was that for an unlocked 650?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    May 28 may be for corporate customers. But it was only a projection date anyway.
    Don't think they will take to many orders in the corporate side on the Sunday of a national holiday weekend. I think the May 28th date may be a day they will drop ads in Sunday papers (Best Buy/CompUSA/Radio Shack) and if that is the case we will see ti start to appear in inventory and ad sets before then. Just a theory if the May 28th date is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal

I believe.

46 Days

(In 42 minutes.)
    Or will it be like the A900 a.k.a Blade when it came out...Sprint store reps were acounted for telling existing customers they were sold out when they were in the back awaiting sales for new customers I was told by a rep when I purchased the Blade for my wife...I don't know if the rep was telling the truth but it sounds like a stupid way to do business, so lets hope he was as stupid as all of the others.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Won't corporate customers get first crack, while the consumer has to wait?

Won't corporate customers get first crack, while the consumer has to wait?
    I hope not. Though, it doesn't matter much anyways. I have my corporate connections. But having it available to everyone at the same time would make it so much easier.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I thought the 700w was available to corporate buyers first.

I thought the 700w was available to corporate buyers first.

Shhhhhhh.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    No, it was for new activation. And even this new "hot" price was still $299, not very low.
    I asked about "holding" handsets for new activations only. That is against policy and the people who did that could be disciplined... severely.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    No, it was for new activation. And even this new "hot" price was still $299, not very low.
    One more post -- and you WILL have reached the one-a-year milestone !! (Seven Years, Seven Posts)

Last edited by gtwo; 04/12/2006 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    Good question. You need Rev A-capable hardware in the handset to use Rev A, and Qualcomm announced availability of Rev A chip sets just about a year ago (http://www.evdoinfo.com/The_News/Lat...t_20050413236/). And of course, the carrier equipment in the tower needs to be upgraded to handle Rev A. But Rev A hardware at either end (handset or tower) is apparently compatible with Rev 0, so an interesting question for near-future devices such as the Treo 700p is whether they will have Rev A chipsets that initially run only in Rev 0 mode but can later exploit the newer standard once the carrier is ready.
    I'm interested in this too. Particularly when I'm travelling and want to use the internet and not have to pull out my bulky laptop. Will the 700p be flexible enough to stay up with the changing EV-DO technology? I'd like to think that the 700p will last me at least three years before I need to upgrade. I hate changing PDAs and phones. Right now I'm limping along with a cheap Samsung camera phone from Sprint and a notebook of appointments. It's sad actually.

Waiting to be saved by the 700p in Houston,
    j...
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiper
    I'm interested in this too. Particularly when I'm travelling and want to use the internet and not have to pull out my bulky laptop. Will the 700p be flexible enough to stay up with the changing EV-DO technology? I'd like to think that the 700p will last me at least three years before I need to upgrade. I hate changing PDAs and phones. Right now I'm limping along with a cheap Samsung camera phone from Sprint and a notebook of appointments. It's sad actually.

Waiting to be saved by the 700p in Houston,
    j...
    CORRECTION

58 Days

The "J" word is now officially in play.

June 9th, or thereabouts.
    pray tell
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    pray tell

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1499

I did.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/12/2006 at 11:55 AM.