Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1527
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It did. (state May 28th)

I hope it's wrong.

And the 700P will really comes out 4/28/06.

Probably via the website/business channels, if it were to happen.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I believe this topic about announcements at CTIA was brought up last year and it was pretty soundly stated this is not a show for introducing new product. And when you think about it is it really a new product or just a different OS on the 700W?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I believe this topic about announcements at CTIA was brought up last year and it was pretty soundly stated this is not a show for introducing new product. And when you think about it is it really a new product or just a different OS on the 700W?

Well, I figured not, but wishful thinking is always a nice thing to get you through the day. Right, Perry?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Just keeping this thread alive (mostly because it is the only mildly entertaining thread going right now) and also I sat next to a guy on the plane today on the way to CTIA and there is a lot of cool stuff I have no idea about coming in time. Accronyms flying left and right so I have no idea what all he was talking about. And no I am not at CTIA I am here for other reasons.
    The lull before the storm. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .of blinky Golden Bell threads.

If Sprint will only release the */&!$ thing I will gladly answer many posts about blinking golden bells!!!
    O.K. We accept your offer, NJ Dog Doc... all Blinky Bell threads will automatically be forwarded to your personal E-mail, and kept off the boards. We thank you for offering this public service!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    O.K. We accept your offer, NJ Dog Doc... all Blinky Bell threads will automatically be forwarded to your personal E-mail, and kept off the boards. We thank you for offering this public service!
    That offer was only valid with a release this week . . . . . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Well, maybe Palm doesn't think of CTIA as a good announcement platform, but it didn't stop its major competitor (and ODM) HTC from crowing about the Hermes coming to the US in the 4th quarter, about the time of the Palm release of its hostages . Lucky for Palm, HTC took one step forward (HDSPA) but a a BIG step backward with a Tri-Mode GSM only (have to have Quad-Band in the USA):

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=884603
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quad band in the US isn't neccessary as much as it is in Europe. The phone will outperform anything PALM releases this year and it's still revolutionary EVEN when it's a rehash of a European product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
    Quad band in the US isn't neccessary as much as it is in Europe. The phone will outperform anything PALM releases this year and it's still revolutionary EVEN when it's a rehash of a European product.
    Quad Band USA - Can't agree with you that one. Quad band is definitely more critical stateside, unles you wnat to lop off large areas of T-Mobile and Cingular coverage. Check it out - almost ALL premium phones in Euro market are tri-band.

As for outperforming Plam's offerings - that's right on. For that matter, the feature sets of the 8125 and T-Mobile MDA blow away the 650/700 of today.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Check out Engadget...May 15th Perry

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/05/p...t-on-may-15th/

Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Quad Band USA - Can't agree with you that one. Quad band is definitely more critical stateside, unles you wnat to lop off large areas of T-Mobile and Cingular coverage. Check it out - almost ALL premium phones in Euro market are tri-band.

As for outperforming Plam's offerings - that's right on. For that matter, the feature sets of the 8125 and T-Mobile MDA blow away the 650/700 of today.
    I thought most areas can be covered by two bands... and there was a lot of overlap with the spectrum (takeovers and whatnot). Again, I stray away from GSM because of higher data costs, but if what you say is true about the 8125 being 19.95 for unlimited DATA, I might be interested. Did you say you sell Cingular Coverage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
    I thought most areas can be covered by two bands... and there was a lot of overlap with the spectrum (takeovers and whatnot). Again, I stray away from GSM because of higher data costs, but if what you say is true about the 8125 being 19.95 for unlimited DATA, I might be interested. Did you say you sell Cingular Coverage?
    No sir - no affiliation with any carrier, phone manufacturer, or comm company - just a plain old user. JackNaylor reported in another thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=111127&page=3

that Cingular is retraining personnel to permit unlimited MediaNet if a corporate VPN is not involved, otherwise you have to get PDAnet. I've been very happy with unlimited MediaNet with my 8125 - you just have to remember to disable the installed proxy server setting, as WiFi cannot go through the GPRS proxy server. Some people say it slows down their EDGE service a little, but hasn't effected mine (according to dslreports).
    Last edited by dstrauss; 04/05/2006 at 12:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No sir - no affiliation with any carrier, phone manufacturer, or comm company - just a plain old user. JackNaylor reported in another thread that Cingular is retraining personnel to permit unlimited MediaNet if a corporate VPN is not involved, otherwise you have to get PDAnet. I've been very happy with unlimited MediaNet with my 8125 - you just have to remember to disable the installed proxy server setting, as WiFi cannot go through the GPRS proxy server. Some people say it slows down their EDGE service a little, but hasn't effected mine (according to dslreports).
    I just called cingular and they had no problems switching me to unlimited medianet from PDAnet. I tried other times only to be told I had to have PDAnet or risk huge charges for data useage, not so now.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Well, maybe Palm doesn't think of CTIA as a good announcement platform, but it didn't stop its major competitor (and ODM) HTC from crowing about the Hermes coming to the US in the 4th quarter, about the time of the Palm release of its hostages . Lucky for Palm, HTC took one step forward (HDSPA) but a a BIG step backward with a Tri-Mode GSM only (have to have Quad-Band in the USA):

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=884603
    I'm pretty sure that the Hermes (aka TMobile Vario II) will be a quadband GSM (+GPRS+EDGE).
    Unfortunately for US customer, it seems that it will have 2100MHz as UMTS frequency intead of Cingular's 1900MHz.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Engadget says May 28th for Sprint 700p. I find that odd because it is a Sunday... They also mention Shadowmite...

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris
    Engadget says May 28th for Sprint 700p. I find that odd because it is a Sunday... They also mention Shadowmite...

Looks like I will be paying Verizon $175 to break my contract... In the long run it will still be cheaper with Sprint than Verizon. I currently pay $75 for 1350min and $30 unlimited data.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris

I know what my birthday present is going to be. Woooohooooo