Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1527
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintUser04
    Alright alright, I'm sorry, I read all of these posts and see so many rumors, people saying they talked to sprint, all this talk, I work for CompUSA and we are a Sprint retailer. Our regional manager was in from Sprint the other day and we have known each other for years from when I was at Best Buy and then transferred to CompUSA. Fact of the matter is, I asked him when we can see a Treo 700, he replied soon. Of course that does not give good enough info for me, so I poked him some more. He finally responded once my other employees walked away that June is the release. It is currently planned as a Treo 700W, but he said that was not confirmed by anybody yet. So later in the day, I was activating a Sprint phone for a customer. We have a retailer third party line to call for quicker access to Sprint reps. While activating the phone (A 6700) he said to me that he was waiting himself for the Treo 700. When I asked him about a release date, odly enough, he responded the exact same, JUNE. So that is the word from a few decently placed people in Sprint right now, not some of the Sprint store reps, who sometimes have as good of an idea as my computer desk. Believe me that I am going to keep asking for more and more details from these reps, and if you want updates from me on what is actually being said by Sprint reps, not rumors, message me and I will let you know whatever I hear from
    them.

Let me get this straight. There won't be a Sprint 700p but there will be a Sprint 700w? Is that what you are saying?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Let me get this straight. There won't be a Sprint 700p but there will be a Sprint 700w? Is that what you are saying?
    There are several people who are being told that the Sprint 700 is a W, then there are people who have seen a Sprint 700 P (shadow, merlyn-3d), who knows. Maybe both
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    This one is for gharrod!!

Just talked to my Sprint Store Manager (who has had my business card for 4 months now) about MY Treo 700P. We are in a Sprint affiliate (or franchise) market, not an "owned by Sprint" corporate market store.

Well today, he got his FIRST info on the 700 (not provided by me) via an email marketing brief. It didn't say W or P, just said 700 and gave no specs at all and, get this, the release date was printed as: Late May/April. That's right, late May slash April.

You just gotta love Sprint Communications. And DrDoom says Radio Shack has heard nothing(edit: from Sprint)?!? We do know more than they (edit: Sprint) do(does)!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    This one is for gharrod!!

Just talked to my Sprint Store Manager (who has had my business card for 4 months now) about MY Treo 700P. We are in a Sprint affiliate (or franchise) market, not an "owned by Sprint" corporate market store.

Well today, he got his FIRST info on the 700 (not provided by me) via an email marketing brief. It didn't say W or P, just said 700 and gave no specs at all and, get this, the release date was printed as: Late May/April. That's right, late May slash April.

You just gotta love Sprint Communications. And DrDoom says Radio Shack has heard nothing?!? We do know more than they do!!

Cheers, Perry.

Was he going to forward the email on to you? you could blank out the email and post it.... might help us believe!

Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Was he going to forward the email on to you? you could blank out the email and post it.... might help us believe!

Hey Treosolomon!!

He would not and I did not force the issue. He also "looked" in two other places on his corporate internet connection and found no other references to the 700 -- inventory numbers, part number, ways to order or anything.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 06:54 PM.
    man, i think i might have to wait it out for the treogti. i have heard that this model is going to let you drive, fly, email, and make crazy commercials all at the same time!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.

You just gotta love Sprint Communications. And DrDoom says Radio Shack has heard nothing?!? We do know more than they do!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey man! Locked in a padded room and mentally unstable or not, I'm not above beating you down!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Man, I got SO excited about this! SO EXCITED!!!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...-from-scratch/

Then I saw where they got it from.

Freakin' Jimmie.

It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Hey man! Locked in a padded room and mentally unstable or not, I'm not above beating you down!!

Hey Doom!

I was talking about SPRINT and how they (don't) communicate with YOU!! And YOU are one of the WE that know more than THEY!

Hey Doom!

I was talking about SPRINT and how they (don't) communicate with YOU!! And YOU are one of the WE that know more than THEY!

Oh.

Well.

I feel sheepish.

Carry on.
    It'll be fun.
    LOL

Carry on Doom !!

RadioShack probably won't get any info on the 700P since they don't usually get inventory of smartphones until sometime after release.

I suspect the website will have it first for business customers like the 6700 was. This is only a hunch and there is no documentation (if there was I would've never posted about it at all)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Anyone heard of the 700P for Verizon. I've heard from business customers no 700P for Verizon. Knowing them they won't even offer it and of course you won't be able to activate a Sprint 700P on Verizon. Guess after all this time miht have to switch carriers. I want Palm and EVDO.
    My guess and mostly guess, both Sprint and Verizon will have both models by year end, if not by September. It makes no sense for either of them to go excusively one or the other. (Yes, I know -- the complexities of supporting both.) WM5 (700W) was meant to crack the business/corporate environments. I cannot see either carrier wanting to forgo that -- and I cannot see either wanting to walk away from their Palm user base cold turkey.

And I believe that there have been hints of this in things I have read over the last 3 months.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm sure this isn't news to any of you forwardthinkers, but I just read that Palm will be releasing 3 new Treos this year. However, the same article talked about how well the 650 and 700W are still selling so until they've exhausted every last possible 650 and 700W sale, they don't have any reason to launch anything new.

SMEGGIE
    Sigh....
    There seems to be a big arguement between the May 28th debut and the debut being sometime in June. Does any realize that May 28th is the end of May and therefore if it were a few days later, then it would be June? Some people seem to be arguing June as if the May 28th day is so far away from June. That was just my observation.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Man, I got SO excited about this! SO EXCITED!!!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...-from-scratch/

Then I saw where they got it from.

Freakin' Jimmie.

Jimmie is the most clueless expert on nothing I have ever heard of. This is why I say BLOGGERS have no credibility. Just because you have a blog (which is free) does not make you an expert on anything. Nada. Nothing. Zip. Zero.
    Ok Ok, I did some digging around more today after reading some info. I found this link and this gives pretty conclusive evidence of what Sprint MIGHT be planning

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93995

Not many realistic reasons why the new sprint connection manager software would have a registry file for a 700p if it wasn't going to happen. Release date is still wide open though
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Sigh....

Exactly!
    Gimme the P-Funk!