Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1527
    Thanks Perry.

Your linked post is where I originally learned that about being able to answer calls while surfing.

Is there anyone or anything we can hold hostage to make Sprint release the 700p any sooner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Thanks Perry.

Your linked post is where I originally learned that about being able to answer calls while surfing.

Is there anyone or anything we can hold hostage to make Sprint release the 700p any sooner?

Jack Bauer?
    Just counting down the time to when silly season meets April Fools day.
    The Perfect Storm ?
    What would be ultimately funny is for Palm to actually announce something then and no one beieve it is legitimate. Either way you will not hear anything in the next couple weeks I have a feeling. If they wanted to effect any buzz in the marketplace they would put out a release today with tomorrow being the end of a business quarter any word then would be seen as an attempt to right a ship (or to cause a stock price to rise).
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    LOL (to the source post)

BTW, Insertion -- April Fools is Saturday.
    Perry -

I just added a Samsung 900 for my son today with Sprint and spent an hour on the fone with a business rep upgrading our plans. At the end of the call, I inquired to the rep if I could buy a 700p today. The agent told me that I couldn't buy it right now, but that it was definitely coming out this year. I said that my understanding of this year was closer to memorial day and she laughed and said that she couldn't comment but I was on the right track.

BTW, April Fools day is my birthday
    Isn't it amazing with all the Sprint employees on TC, SprintUsers and Pdaphonehome and none of them know anything about this but the mysterious random Sprint reps all know the status. Sprint, are you scanning for forum users and giving everyone BUT them the information??? Yeah...right, I thought so, sounds silly....wait, it is the silly season...
    The ship S.S. Treo Secrecy continues to leak, is listing to port and the life boats have been launched.

Ok, Ok, I take the bad Karma back. See you're such a good guy, you wish evil on no one...how can they not love and trust you implicitly?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry's nighttime prayer,

Now I lay me down to sleep,
    I pray to Technos, the God of geek,
    If I should die before I wake,
    I pray they have EVDO in heaven, for goodness sake!
    Can you imagine this prayer said with DrDoom's voice, and when it is finished the electric guitar just starts like that... like in the song there...
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Anyone know anything about a "developer's webinar" held yesterday? Apparently, there was a leak about both the 700p and the 700w coming to Sprint (note the unfortunate typo ).

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=139

During yesterday's developer's webinar they announced 4 more EVDO phone coming- the 700p, 700w, Samsung i830 and Blackberry 7130E. This was presented on th slide presentation with 700w late April and 700w late may as targets. The others did not have dates on the slide.

just more tid bits to add to the rumor mill...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    You could kick jack bauer's arse and take his.
    Oh great now we are quoting new posters from other sites. This individual has 3 posts on Sprintusers and is an authority...
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Attn: dstrauss and Big Tex,

I was trying to be humorous and sounded rude by accident, this is an example of someone being rude on purpose.
    That's why I started with the "pun" about your signature. No offense intended (who'd cross the Godfather in the first place).
    Last edited by dstrauss; 03/30/2006 at 12:24 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Isn't it amazing with all the Sprint employees on TC, SprintUsers and Pdaphonehome and none of them know anything about this but the mysterious random Sprint reps all know the status. Sprint, are you scanning for forum users and giving everyone BUT them the information??? Yeah...right, I thought so, sounds silly....wait, it is the silly season...
    Gharrod -

I am not trying to emulate Slinky - just reporting back what I heard from the Sprint business rep today. My conversation with the rep supports Perry's position, and that's all I was trying to point out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's why I started with the "pun" about your signature. No offense intended (who'd cross the Godfather in the first place).
    Thanks. I don't want to be called a jerk until I really earn it.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Gharrod -

I am not trying to emulate Slinky - just reporting back what I heard from the Sprint business rep today. My conversation with the rep supports Perry's position, and that's all I was trying to point out.

That also supports one of the Sprint reps that has been saying the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Niklaus
    I got to ask a corperate rep., that just stopped by, some questions. Appears treo 700p released 4-28-06 (appx.)
    AND 700w The last week of may...

He said "That's what we're shooting for..."
    :Popcorn2:
    DISCLAIMER (for you newcomers to the conversation): I believe there is a forthcoming Treo700P. Period. End of story.

I do have a hearty laugh at all the misinformation which is being put out. I am a sales professional and I find it hard to believe so many believe what a sales rep says when he/she really is trying to stop you from looking to the competition. Let me try to explein this in Iconic Role Playing:

Sprint Rep: Hello Mr Customer
    Customer: Hello Sprint Sales Guy, so why don't you have the new Treo like Verizon does?
    Sprint Rep: (Thinking to self...hmmm, how do I say something to tell the customer we will have a new Treo when I don't really know myself. But I don't want the customer to bail on me and go to Verizon...I know, a buddy of mine saw out on the TC forums there is maybe a new Treo coming out sometime later this year...) Well, Mr Customer we will have it in April/May/June (or some other J month) timeframe so please do not buy anything until youhave had the chance to see the new Treo we are getting.
    Customer: So what can you tell me about the new Treo?
    Sprint Rep: Uhhhh, it will be smaller, faster, more expensive and other then that I haven't been trained on the new Treo.
    Customer: So you really don't know anything do you?
    Spint Rep: No, not really...
    great post
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    DISCLAIMER (for you newcomers to the conversation): I believe there is a forthcoming Treo700P. Period. End of story.

I do have a hearty laugh at all the misinformation which is being put out. I am a sales professional and I find it hard to believe so many believe what a sales rep says when he/she really is trying to stop you from looking to the competition. Let me try to explein this in Iconic Role Playing:

Sprint Rep: Hello Mr Customer
    Customer: Hello Sprint Sales Guy, so why don't you have the new Treo like Verizon does?
    Sprint Rep: (Thinking to self...hmmm, how do I say something to tell the customer we will have a new Treo when I don't really know myself. But I don't want the customer to bail on me and go to Verizon...I know, a buddy of mine saw out on the TC forums there is maybe a new Treo coming out sometime later this year...) Well, Mr Customer we will have it in April/May/June (or some other J month) timeframe so please do not buy anything until youhave had the chance to see the new Treo we are getting.
    Customer: So what can you tell me about the new Treo?
    Sprint Rep: Uhhhh, it will be smaller, faster, more expensive and other then that I haven't been trained on the new Treo.
    Customer: So you really don't know anything do you?
    Spint Rep: No, not really...
    I hear you loud and clear