Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1527
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Fellow Treo 600 user here. I did switched to the Treo 650 twice, but had to switch back due to its "buggy-ness".

I use my Treo constantly through my day in my medical office:
    - dictate my notes with Audacity Pro
    - take patients pictures for my computer charts. These pictures are not fantastic, but 640 x 480 is fine for patient identification
    - I do not carry a pager (other doctors in my area like this and are giving up their pagers)
    - my secretaries send my information on patients in need to see in the hospital via text messaging from the Sprint website

The Treo 650 screen is fantastic, but looking at a 320 x 320 white screen while I am waiting for it to reset is absolutely unacceptable for my daily uses of my Treo.

Also, I find myself surfing the web more on my Treo, but I have to limit this due to missing phone calls. I understand that with EVDO, the data connection will be halted when a phone call comes in. This would be great for me. Can anybody tell me if this is accurate or not?

In short, upgrading to the Treo 650 was not enough of an upgrade for me. I am intensely jealous of the screen, Bluetooth, and replaceable battery of the 650.

In addition to EVDO, I am looking forward to these when I am standing outside the national Sprint warehouse in Louisville, Kentucky.

That is the current theory -- we will not know for sure until the item is released and the reviews are published. . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1223

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Grrr...
    Perry! THREE DAYS AWAY and there's nothing new!!!

Disappointment is a bitter dish.

The calm before the storm, my friend.
    yes...

that 2.0 refers to the palm bt software manager...not the bt stack version. common mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The calm before the storm, my friend.

A new Treo, and all the headaches associated with it are just what I need right now.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    sorry...misposted from cache on my 6700
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    sorry...misposted from cache on my 6700
    That never happened with your treo.....
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Attn: dstrauss and Big Tex,

I was trying to be humorous and sounded rude by accident, this is an example of someone being rude on purpose.
    Point taken. It's hard to tell voice inflections and tone in posts. Therefore sarcasm and wit are often missed or misread.

Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for my comment.
    Last edited by BigTex; 03/30/2006 at 08:37 AM.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I am Perry's source.
    just kidding, now get off his fukkin' a$$!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I am Perry's source.
    No wonder he wont reveal it!!!! No credibility.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Point taken. It's hard to tell voice inflections and tone in posts. Therefore sarcasm and wit are often missed or misread.

Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for my comment.
    I appreciate your post and there is no need to apologize, I just wanted you to know I'm a big Perry fan and did not mean to be rude.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    LOL (to the source post)

BTW, Insertion -- April Fools is Saturday.
    Well William, that is a whole new can of worms. Other than the painted metalic blue antenna-less 650 that was spoofed last week -- "I know nothing!" (In Sgt. Shultz's best voice from Hogan's Heros.)

I will let someone else be the point man on that recon mission.

Cheers, Perry.
    Not that you couldn't handle another mission, but we need you to stay focused on this one.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    LEAVE PERRY ALONE!!

....or your new Treo 700p will reset every 528 seconds the first 3 hrs you own it...all the pics you take with it will upload focused, but arrive at their destination blurry or with a pearlized lilac background, your programs will appear to load perfectly but when you try to run them you will get an error coded "00528 Non-Believer protection fault" and your treo will call your voice mail over and over again until its full, leaving in a raspy electronic voice the message "It's Karma Baby, you should have BELIEVED!!!!"
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Well, here is the packing slip:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=15

Attached is a somewhat blurry picture of the new accessory.

OBTW Jack -- IT WORKS PERFECTLY !! (I would like it to be a little more weighted though.)
    Perry,

I apologized if I'm been a jerk about the Treo 700p stylus, but it looks exactly like the 650 stylus. How can we tell that this stylus is different from the 650?

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    LEAVE PERRY ALONE!!

....or your new Treo 700p will reset every 528 seconds the first 3 hrs you own it...all the pics you take with it will upload focused, but arrive at their destination blurry or with a pearlized lilac background, your programs will appear to load perfectly but when you try to run them you will get an error coded "00528 Non-Believer protection fault" and your treo will call your voice mail over and over again until its full, leaving in a raspy electronic voice the message "It's Karma Baby, you should have BELIEVED!!!!"
    LOL

No bad Karma on anybody!! We want the 700P and we want it now.

My real fear in all this -- is that a glitch in testing puts the launch date on a T minus hold and not counting. Politeness with me, would certainly end then. (And that is probably one reason -- they do not pre-announce, as well as, the financial reasons.)

Every night, before I sleep, I say a prayer to Technos, the Greek God of Gadgets, to not allow that to happen, for I have been a good little TC soldier.

Cheers, Perry.

(Thanks, Sukiyaki!)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Perry,

I apologized if I'm been a jerk about the Treo 700p stylus, but it looks exactly like the 650 stylus. How can we tell that this stylus is different from the 650?

Thanks,

Al

Hey Treolo!

Re-read the packing slip -- Jack was just messin' with my head, big time, when he said he was going to send me a 700P accessory to test -- that I could post about -- but he couldn't because of an NDA.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...chmentid=11178

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 10:05 AM.
    38 hours?
    You doubt me. (Which is okay.)

No retraction forthcoming on Saturday.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 10:10 AM.
    LOL

No bad Karma on anybody!! We want the 700P and we want it now.

My real fear in all this -- is that a glitch in testing puts the launch date on a T minus hold and not counting. Politeness with me, would certainly end then. (And that is probably one reason -- they do not pre-announce, as well as, the financial reasons.)

Every night, before I sleep, I say a prayer to Technos, the Greek God of Gadgets, to not allow that to happen, for I have been a good little TC soldier.

Cheers, Perry.

(Thanks, Sukiyaki!)
    Perry's nighttime prayer,

Now I lay me down to sleep,
    I pray to Technos, the God of geek,
    If I should die before I wake,
    I pray they have EVDO in heaven, for goodness sake!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    From my knees and with meaning!