Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1527
    Surely this picture has been circulated? If not who was sleeping at the helm POS guys??? Us WM5 guys can't dig this stuff all up for you...LOL...
    Does anyone recall how long was it between the time Palm announced the Treo 650 and our ability to finally place orders for it?
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Surely this picture has been circulated? If not who was sleeping at the helm POS guys??? Us WM5 guys can't dig this stuff all up for you...LOL...
    Hi gharrod!

I think it was seen and discussed in the Merlyn thread or during the live chat. I know it has been discussed before but I cannot remember the outcome of the discussion. Something about Merlyn's showing a higher number than the 650 but that the numbers do not line up with the actual Bluetooth specification, as the 650 is certainly not on Bluetooth 2.0.

Opps -- skipped right over Dutch's post -- what he said!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 09:29 PM.
    Now I am confused. Here is the link to the picture I saw...

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/02/1212654654651.jpg

Anybody know?
    That pic looks legit to me. But what is blacked out?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    That pic looks legit to me. But what is blacked out?
    The tracking number of the beta, so it could be traced back to it's "source" by the Palm Secrecy Police.
    there was a live chat on the Merlyn discovery? I had missed that. Must have been disposed of for the weekend.
    there was a live chat on the Merlyn discovery? I had missed that. Must have been disposed of for the weekend.
    yes...all night hosted at shadowmite's sight till about 1:30 or 2 in the AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Does anyone recall how long was it between the time Palm announced the Treo 650 and our ability to finally place orders for it?
    October 25, 2004 to November 17th, 2004

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/477-1.htm

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/488-1.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Thanks Perry!
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    I think the timing will be more compressed this time around.
    How old is that photo?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Merlyn's, I believe. 02/03/06 ??
    The tracking number of the beta, so it could be traced back to it's "source" by the Palm Secrecy Police.
    I am starting to think Perry "IS" the Palm Secret Police Sargent...

Kidding...
    Just to repeat, no offense was taken.

As stated above:

But I will have to say treosolomon's comments are still valid. His quote (that gharrod copied above) is couched as a "For What it's worth" and he states who (or at least what level) his source is: I have done neither. The situation demands I take my lumps in this regard.

Cheers, Perry.
    I understand! In fact this whole "Prove it"... "I can't" issue has been beaten in to our heads so long its the one thing I truly get!!
    (He wants evidence - you can't/won't give it to him)

I really wasn't defending you, I just think its gone way beyond obnoxious at this point.

Please PM him and tell him your lying or something....
    Last edited by sxtg; 03/30/2006 at 12:48 AM.
    Honestly, I don't think there's any reason not to believe Perry. Why would he hang himself out to dry here if he didn't have some confirmation? After the slinky incident, anyone who pulls any sort of prank would be immediately banned, and Perry is well established here. I also don't think he would want to screw around with people either. I think he just wants people to know that he has gotten some sort of confirmation, so as to add to the evidence pool (even if it wouldn't hold up well in court ).

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Ok. Well that sums up the sprint 700p, what about GSM on attingular? Perry?
    Every program has (at least) two purposes: the one for which it was written and another for which it wasn't. Alan J. Perlis

I have been a PDA/Smartphone (Palm Pilot 1000) owner since the palm us robotics days and have been waiting for convergence until the Treo 650 delivered on the promise. Now I am patiently waiting on the next generation to put a deposit in the bank. Gawd knows I put alot of coin in Palm's coffers.
    I'm swimming in the T600 tank myself and looking to make an upgrade. But I am really torn over what to do. I am not a power user either but love the form factor and the fact that I can send email, take picture, surf when I want or need to. Which makes this hard...Jump to the T650 now....or wait a couple of months and jump to the T650 after the 700 appears (a good upgrade cheap) or simply go after the 700.

If I am allowed a fantasy, and allot of this future treo board is about fantasy, I would love it if Palm would do as they did when they issued the 600. Give us faithful a discount or rebate on the latest and greatest based on our past service, knowing full well we are the best advertising they can get. I know for a fact that there are at least 4 treo converts that only made the leap after seeing mine and talking to me about it.

Palm....are you listening!!!!!!

Skigs
    Well William, that is a whole new can of worms. Other than the painted metalic blue antenna-less 650 that was spoofed last week -- "I know nothing!" (In Sgt. Shultz's best voice from Hogan's Heros.)

I will let someone else be the point man on that recon mission.

Cheers, Perry.
    Grrr...
    Perry! THREE DAYS AWAY and there's nothing new!!!

Disappointment is a bitter dish.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Fellow Treo 600 user here. I did switched to the Treo 650 twice, but had to switch back due to its "buggy-ness".

I use my Treo constantly through my day in my medical office:
    - dictate my notes with Audacity Pro
    - take patients pictures for my computer charts. These pictures are not fantastic, but 640 x 480 is fine for patient identification
    - I do not carry a pager (other doctors in my area like this and are giving up their pagers)
    - my secretaries send my information on patients in need to see in the hospital via text messaging from the Sprint website

The Treo 650 screen is fantastic, but looking at a 320 x 320 white screen while I am waiting for it to reset is absolutely unacceptable for my daily uses of my Treo.

Also, I find myself surfing the web more on my Treo, but I have to limit this due to missing phone calls. I understand that with EVDO, the data connection will be halted when a phone call comes in. This would be great for me. Can anybody tell me if this is accurate or not?

In short, upgrading to the Treo 650 was not enough of an upgrade for me. I am intensely jealous of the screen, Bluetooth, and replaceable battery of the 650.

In addition to EVDO, I am looking forward to these when I am standing outside the national Sprint warehouse in Louisville, Kentucky.