Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1527
    treosolomon,

Maybe if you find different ways to call him a liar or pose the questions with different verbage, he would understand what your asking for and then answer the questions...

WTF?????
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Hey dud...
    Did you mean to call him dude, was this a Freudian slip? LOL!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    treosolomon,

Maybe if you find different ways to call him a liar or pose the questions with different verbage, he would understand what your asking for and then answer the questions...

WTF?????

Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    She says thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    treosolomon,

WTF?????
    Just to repeat, no offense was taken.

As stated above:

But I will have to say treosolomon's comments are still valid. His quote (that gharrod copied above) is couched as a "For What it's worth" and he states who (or at least what level) his source is: I have done neither. The situation demands I take my lumps in this regard.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    JackNaylorPE... this is good information which I read earlier when you posted it.... it makes me believe.... But what Perry is putting up is crap... and now he is just playing the VICTUM trying to be a martyr to his cause with nothing to back up his statements..... I know this is the speculation thread but back it up! If you can't then don't make the short two sentence statements that mean nothing with out a source or further proof. That is all.
    I have to disagree .... there are sources and there are sources. I am "old school" in that you take your lumps when protecting a source. I woulda told Ken Starr to stick a cigar up his own arse , the question was none of his or our business.... you don't kiss and tell and you don't unnecessarily cause anyone pain.

Respectible journalists go to jail to protect their sources. And no one should divulge their sources when it should put someone in a difficult position. If Perry was given some information on a confidential basis and he divulged that source I would lose every iota of respect I have for him. Perry's comments are consistent with dozens of other hints and leaks. The way a good criminal prosecutor, litigator or journalists puts a story together is by piecing various pieces of information together.

Starting with this:
    http://www.forbes.com/markets/econom...markets03.html

... every palm / tech journalist went running for confirmatory factoids. There have been plent of them. Colligan's interview on Cnet he specifically states there will be multiple devices released using the Palm OS THIS year. The 700w press conference he says mid year, the tracker dog new programs listings, there are just too many separate sources pointing to a imminent release. So if Perry says he went to someone "in the know" and said :

"Look, I know:

1. blah blah blah
    2. Yada yada yada
    3. blah blah blah
    4. Yada yada yada

can you confirm that ....."

Now if Perry tells me that the dude confirmed it, I certainly have no reason to disbelieve him, especially when considered in the context of his previous 3,500 posts on this board. 1) Perry has shown himself to be wholly without malice or deceit and 2) he's intelligent enough to spot an ***** when he's talking to one. I find it beyond reason therefore to assume Perry is lying, playing a joke or was fooled by anyone.

PS to Perry, if you wanna post pictures of the 700p accessory I sent you to test, you have my free and unrestricted permission to post a picture of the device provided you display the packing slip describing the full feature set with the device.

Now be warned, you have to take my history on the forum into account when you read the above paragraph. See sample below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=2&pp=33
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 03/29/2006 at 07:32 PM.
    Hi Perry,

Without divulging sources in any way, is it possible to discuss specs at all (if they were revealed)?

After following this thread from the beginning, if I have missed the answer to this question, I apologize in advance.
    Well, here is the packing slip:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=15

Attached is a somewhat blurry picture of the new accessory.

OBTW Jack -- IT WORKS PERFECTLY !! (I would like it to be a little more weighted though.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/30/2006 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    Hi Perry,

Without divulging sources in any way, is it possible to discuss specs at all (if they were revealed)?

After following this thread from the beginning, if I have missed the answer to this question, I apologize in advance.
    n4cer's document and the specs contained on it were confirmed. I will try to link back to my posting of those specs:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=170

We are assuming the same 320x320 screen as the 650 and the same form factor as the 700W.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 08:02 PM.
    OK - Thanks, I was basically wondering if those specs were confirmed. Link not necessary.
    Here is the Treonauts listing of the 700P supposed specs, which n4cers doc confirms in part.

Finally, let’s see what has surfaced about the specifications of the new Treo 700p:

Reception is supposed to be ‘spectacular’
    Runnning PalmOS Garnet v5.4.9
    1.2MP Camera (1280x1024)
    Bluetooth v1.2
    pTunes, SprintTV, Documents to Go 8 all in ROM
    Blazer 4.5
    64MB Memory with 54MB User-Available
    320x320 screen
    FAT32 driver support (to use SD Cards larger than 2GB)
    EVDO Radio (High Speed Wireless Data 400–700kbps)
    Can receive call while using 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    New web like picture album interface, new facelift for album and picture application
    Menu button moved to bottom left shift spot
    SharkMsg-like “SMS after call” functionality
    Flashing ‘Alerts’ asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    Green button is Call Answer button, Phone button for Contacts
    New "fast mode" in Blazer
    No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    Very large new DbCache of over 10MB for a _much_ speedier user experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Here is the Treonauts listing of the 700P supposed specs, which n4cers doc confirms in part.

Finally, let’s see what has surfaced about the specifications of the new Treo 700p:

Reception is supposed to be ‘spectacular’
    1.2MP Camera (1280x1024)
    Bluetooth v1.2
    pTunes, SprintTV, Documents to Go 8 all in ROM
    Blazer 4.5
    64MB Memory with 54MB User-Available
    320x320 screen
    FAT32 driver support (to use SD Cards larger than 2GB)
    EVDO Radio (High Speed Wireless Data 400–700kbps)
    Can receive call while using 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    New web like picture album interface, new facelift for album and picture application
    Menu button moved to bottom left shift spot
    SharkMsg-like “SMS after call” functionality
    Flashing ‘Alerts’ asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    Green button is Call Answer button, Phone button for Contacts
    New "fast mode" in Blazer
    No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    Very large new DbCache of over 10MB for a _much_ speedier user experience

Thanks! - Based upon your sources that confirm existence (3rd counting Merlyn & Shadowmite) and release, how high is your confidence in these accumulated specs?
    Last edited by Dudley; 03/29/2006 at 08:23 PM.

Note the Hotsync version in the Tracker Dog Current version listing (5.4.8)

Connection is 5.4.0
    Owner is 5.4.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    Thanks! - Based upon your sources that confirm existence and release, how high is your confidence in these accumulated specs?
    Between what my sources have confirmed,
    What Shadowmite has said,
    What was found in Merlyn's beta,
    what was listed on n4cer's document,
    and other information posted on TC:

I would say this looks solid. My confidence level -- 95%. I see nothing outlandish here. Although, my jaw would drop if the 128mb listed on n4cer's document is all user available. I give that a 5% chance.

Cheers, Perry.
    We have a problem. The screen shot I saw last night confirmed what I see in the specs here except the bluetooth version. The screen I saw showed it being 2.0 not 1.2. Any idea why that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    We have a problem. The screen shot I saw last night confirmed what I see in the specs here except the bluetooth version. The screen I saw showed it being 2.0 not 1.2. Any idea why that is?

I'm confused. Where are we looking again? On my 650 under Info and version, Bluetooth is listed as v.2.0 . . . . .. . . . are we talking apples and oranges to what the true Bluetooth spec is and what is presented on the Treo?
    I'm confused. Where are we looking again? On my 650 under Info and version, Bluetooth is listed as v.2.0 . . . . .. . . . are we talking apples and oranges to what the true Bluetooth spec is and what is presented on the Treo?

Now I am confused. Here is the link to the picture I saw...

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/02/1212654654651.jpg

Anybody know?
    yes...

that 2.0 refers to the palm bt software manager...not the bt stack version. common mistake.
    Dutch, thank you for the clarification and the answer. This explains why a Palm rep tried to tell me (in a Palm retail store recently at the Atlanta airport) that the Treo650 had BT2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Now I am confused. Here is the link to the picture I saw...

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/02/1212654654651.jpg

Anybody know?
    My 650 Info screen says Garnet v.5.4.8 vs. the picture's v.5.4.9

Mine says v.2.0 for the first Bluetooth listed vs. the pictures v.5.2