Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1527
  1. #1221  
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    ...Even if you treat his writing as pure opinion (your choice, and certainly within reason), it's no reason to flame the inclusion of such material...
    Surely you don't believe this was a flame...

    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    sorry, I do not pay attention to bloggers and blogs, they have no accountability
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  2. #1222  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Cool! I'm starting to think that one day, maybe, I could possibly believe that there might conceivably, perchance, be plans to one day release something closely resembling that of a new Palm Treo phone - call me crazy.

    There is room in the PPR.
  3. #1223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Thanks Millin!

    I feel like the Pied Piper of Hamelin, but that's a bad analogy.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Rats going into the ocean? Just when I was starting to believe...
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #1224  
    Perry this does nothing for me! These prove nothing! These links have been around for a couple weeks now... where are you getting your new information... I am starting to think your informant is a Sprint Sales Person (most likely a noobie) at your local store and you just don't want to tell us that because you know you will be flamed! Come on Perry fess up!
  5. #1225  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Perry this does nothing for me! These prove nothing! These links have been around for a couple weeks now... where are you getting your new information... I am starting to think your informant is a Sprint Sales Person (most likely a noobie) at your local store and you just don't want to tell us that because you know you will be flamed! Come on Perry fess up!

    first of all I wanted to quote myself so I could be cool like you!


    Are you saying your information is coming from the owners of that product website?
  6. #1226  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    first of all I wanted to quote myself so I could be cool like you!


    Are you saying your information is coming from the owners of that product website?

    Hi Treosolomom !

    NO. I am not going to talk about my source(s) of information. I was just pointing out that the Palm/Sprint Secrecy Ship is sinking fast. Just prior to the 650's release -- there was incident's like these WEB pages (link provided by a first poster, pilot1000).

    The writing is on the wall.

    Cheers, Perry.
  7. #1227  
    I am worried that this thread is so big and viewed so much not because people are really interested in the 700p but BEK and her entertainment value. Since she jumped to a new thread this thing has slowed way down!

    Great Avatar by the way BEK!
  8. #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Perry this does nothing for me! These prove nothing! These links have been around for a couple weeks now... where are you getting your new information... I am starting to think your informant is a Sprint Sales Person (most likely a noobie) at your local store and you just don't want to tell us that because you know you will be flamed! Come on Perry fess up!
    so your not denying the Sprint Store Sales Rep?
  9. #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Perry this does nothing for me! These prove nothing! These links have been around for a couple weeks now... where are you getting your new information... I am starting to think your informant is a Sprint Sales Person (most likely a noobie) at your local store and you just don't want to tell us that because you know you will be flamed! Come on Perry fess up!
    Datebook (4.51.1P / 6.0)
    HotSync (5.4.0 / 5.4.8P)
    MMConduit (3.1C / 3.5M)
    MMNotify (3.1C / 3.5M)
    Palm PIM Support (1.1.2 / 4.0)
    Quick Tour (2.0 / 4.0)
    Security (5.9H / 9.0)
    SyncMedia (1.0.0.5 / 2.0.0.2)
    TasksPTab (1.21 / 4.0)
    ToDo ( 4.5.2P / 5.2H)
    Touchscreen (4.73P / 4.74P)

    The above report from my tracker dog log shows PalmOS ROM programs are out there which are substantially higher versions than what I or anyone else has on their 650. If they ain't from a prototype 700p, then I gotta ask, what they could possble be from ? What device is using Touchscreen 4.7P, Datebook 6.0, etc ?

    Either there is a substantial ROM release coming out or there's a new device about to break is a given. But why woud Palm Quicktour jump from Version 2.0 to 4.0 for a 12 - 15 month old device ? Not quite a smoking gun, but we got footprints and a glove at least
  10. #1230  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Perry this does nothing for me! These prove nothing! These links have been around for a couple weeks now... where are you getting your new information... I am starting to think your informant is a Sprint Sales Person (most likely a noobie) at your local store and you just don't want to tell us that because you know you will be flamed! Come on Perry fess up!

    Hi Treosolomon !

    Let me repeat: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1187

    Cheers, Perry.
  11. #1231  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Datebook (4.51.1P / 6.0)
    HotSync (5.4.0 / 5.4.8P)
    MMConduit (3.1C / 3.5M)
    MMNotify (3.1C / 3.5M)
    Palm PIM Support (1.1.2 / 4.0)
    Quick Tour (2.0 / 4.0)
    Security (5.9H / 9.0)
    SyncMedia (1.0.0.5 / 2.0.0.2)
    TasksPTab (1.21 / 4.0)
    ToDo ( 4.5.2P / 5.2H)
    Touchscreen (4.73P / 4.74P)

    The above report from my tracker dog log shows PalmOS ROM programs are out there which are substantially higher versions than what I or anyone else has on their 650. If they ain't from a prototype 700p, then I gotta ask, what they could possble be from ? What device is using Touchscreen 4.7P, Datebook 6.0, etc ?

    Either there is a substantial ROM release coming out or there's a new device about to break is a given. But why woud Palm Quicktour jump from Version 2.0 to 4.0 for a 12 - 15 month old device ? Not quite a smoking gun, but we got footprints and a glove at least
    JackNaylorPE... this is good information which I read earlier when you posted it.... it makes me believe.... But what Perry is putting up is crap... and now he is just playing the VICTUM trying to be a martyr to his cause with nothing to back up his statements..... I know this is the speculation thread but back it up! If you can't then don't make the short two sentence statements that mean nothing with out a source or further proof. That is all.
  12. #1232  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    JackNaylorPE... this is good information which I read earlier when you posted it.... it makes me believe.... But what Perry is putting up is crap... and now he is just playing the VICTUM trying to be a martyr to his cause with nothing to back up his statements..... I know this is the speculation thread but back it up! If you can't then don't make the short two sentence statements that mean nothing with out a source or further proof. That is all.

    I will say this politely: Treosolomom: please go back and read the first 1,204 posts of this thread.

    Then flame me.

    If you have read them, my apologies, flame away. I will not out my sources. I assume you voted hoax in the other thread, I respect your opinion. This forum is based on open debate, and that is healthy.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 05:40 PM.
  13. #1233  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    If I may be so BOLD I beg to differ. Non-volatile RAM and four times the screen pixels are enough reasons right there to upgrade from a 600 to a 650. Have you actually seen the two screens with, say, the same Web site loaded side by side? And if you have, even that didn't sell you? I never had a 600 but I've had Palms, including Samsung Palm phones with 160x160 resolution and the difference is like night and day. Even the 700w at 240x240 looks, to me, like I want to say "there's something wrong with the screen. Where's the detail? Where's the shaprness? Why does this geo map with tiny text (on a Web site) look kinda blurry? Is this the best it can do?"

    That's just my opinion, but I'm stickin' to it

    Harv
    Oh, I couldn't agree with you more purely from a specifications standpoint. For what I use the treo for, it wasn't enough of an upgrade. I drooled on the 650's screen when I last held one. But for me and my uses, the 600 is fine. I almost always have a laptop with me for work, so it's tough to justify the screen resolution as being THE only reason to switch. Besides, in my neighborhood, I roam .. AND I have a house full of computers. That said, I can never ever use a regular cellphone. The form factor of the treo has spoiled me. And it would be nice to be able to pull up mapquest faster than the 600 allows currently. Or to use oneacross.com faster than the treo allows. Or to pull up a google search faster .. (you get the point). I'm not a POWER user. I surf, check/reply email(s), text messages, make phone calls .. play the occasional game, I rarely use the camera, but it's nice to have, for you know, phone sexing etc ..

    However, in this instance, having owned the 600 for 2+ years, it's time to upgrade almost just for the sake of upgrading. And I will welcome EVDO, and higher resolution than the 600.

    I can't be alone.
  14. #1234  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I will say this politely: Treosolomom: please go back and read the first 1,204 posts of this thread.

    Then flame me.

    If you have read them, my apologies, flame away. I will not out my sources. I assume you voted hoax in the other thread, I respect your opinion. This forum is based on open debate, and that is healthy.

    Cheers, Perry.

    Thanks for your apologies then! I hope you can stand the heat! No I did not vote hoax... I believe.

    you have been called out on the carpet (Pink Carpet) and you have nothing to back up what you have been stating... what gives.
  15. #1235  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Thanks for your apologies then! I hope you can stand the heat! No I did not vote hoax... I believe.

    you have been called out on the carpet (Pink Carpet) and you have nothing to back up what you have been stating... what gives.

    You are correct, I have nothing to back it up with, that I will print.
    (Yes, worthless.)

    What gives? I have three sources that have given me their trust and confidence to not out them. I will not out them. That puts me in this position.

    Do I like this position? Hardly!

    Do I wish I could give you something to chew on? Yes!

    Will I risk outing those that trust me? No!

    Will I ever give you something to chew on? No, not even after the smoke clears after the release.

    I have provided what I know for the consideration of the TC community. Just consider it one more "piece" of data in the grand scheme of the chatter flowing out of this Silly Season. Use it or dismiss it, as you see fit.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 06:12 PM.
  16. #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Thanks for your apologies then! I hope you can stand the heat! No I did not vote hoax... I believe.

    you have been called out on the carpet (Pink Carpet) and you have nothing to back up what you have been stating... what gives.

    Hey dud...lighten up. Believe him or don't believe him. Perry is not trying to string anyone along (or he his)...but either way he could not be more decent.

    (I choose to believe him.)
  17. #1237  
    On 1/26/06 Treosolomon posted the following...
    I also spoke to a Sprint Rep yesterday. She said she knew of a new Treo 700 coming and her reports showed it should be out first Q. She did not know if it was a 700anything ....She said she her some of her Techs talking about it and some sort of training they needed for the new version.

    This being said... I usually never believe SPRINT reps... But I thought I would add my name to the believers!


    Now he jumps Perry saying he has no verifiable evidence. Something is very wrong here...Treosolomon, Perry is about as stand up a guy as I have ever seen on these threads. I also have my doubt about the May 28th release but I am not attacking Perry for believing because he appears to have more then a Sprint sales reps word on this. End of story.

    Find an easier target (someone like me please).
  18. #1238  
    well said Gharrod.

    I find it interesting in society (and I fight the urge myself just about everyday) that we feel the need to pick on others to raise our selves up.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  19. #1239  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    On 1/26/06 Treosolomon posted the following...
    I also spoke to a Sprint Rep yesterday. She said she knew of a new Treo 700 coming and her reports showed it should be out first Q. She did not know if it was a 700anything ....She said she her some of her Techs talking about it and some sort of training they needed for the new version.

    This being said... I usually never believe SPRINT reps... But I thought I would add my name to the believers!


    Now he jumps Perry saying he has no verifiable evidence. Something is very wrong here...Treosolomon, Perry is about as stand up a guy as I have ever seen on these threads. I also have my doubt about the May 28th release but I am not attacking Perry for believing because he appears to have more then a Sprint sales reps word on this. End of story.

    Find an easier target (someone like me please).
    Hi gharrod!!

    Thanks for the props, they are very much appreciated !!

    But I will have to say treosolomon's comments are still valid. His quote is couched as a "For What it's worth" and he states who (or at least what level) his source is: I have done neither. The situation demands I take my lumps in this regard.


    On another topic: This whole product launch thing reminds me of a NASA space launch, which is played out in public with specific procedures in place and milestones to be achieved before launch can "lift off." Palm is playing their launch out in secret, with hundreds of us scouring the Internet for any clues whatsoever.

    Right now, Treo 700P is scheduled for lift off on May 28ish, final testing and launch preparations are being made.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 06:50 PM.
  20. #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Thanks for your apologies then! I hope you can stand the heat! No I did not vote hoax... I believe.

    you have been called out on the carpet (Pink Carpet) and you have nothing to back up what you have been stating... what gives.
    Attn: dstrauss and Big Tex,

    I was trying to be humorous and sounded rude by accident, this is an example of someone being rude on purpose.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.

Posting Permissions