Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1527
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    Hi all, just another lurker coming out of the woodwork.

I agree with ericroberts. From the 300 to the 600 to the 650, each time I bought a bunch of accessories, the next phone came out. I just bought a holster for the 650, which obviously means that the 700p is coming out in April. I also bought several games to keep me occupied while travelling. I swear, its an absolute inevitiability.

Honestly, I could pass on the 700p if it weren't for the faster network. To me, it makes the web worth browsing with the faster network. That alone will be the reason I buy the 700p.
    It's not the faster web browsing for me -- it's the ability for a call to interrupt a data connection so no calls are missed. Fast fast fast data connection _will_ be fun tho.
    a better camera and/or more memory will get me to upgrade...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    IT WILL NOT, EMPHASIS ON THE NOT BE A 700W TO BE RELEASED BY SPRINT in late late May/June. It WILL be the the 700P, which has passed into it's final phase of testing on Sprint.

Yes, I did say the "J" word, but the "M" word is still in the mix.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    IT WILL NOT, EMPHASIS ON THE NOT BE A 700W TO BE RELEASED BY SPRINT in late late May/June. It WILL be the the 700P, which has passed into it's final phase of testing on Sprint.

Yes, I did say the "J" word, but the "M" word is still in the mix.

Cheers, Perry.
    ok Perry... The last couple days you have thrown out a lot of hints that you know something we don't.... it is time to pull the "pink" carpet out from under you.... TELL US where your getting the rumors. Yes I said rumors... you should know by now that stating short comments like you just did does not give us hope... it discourages us that you have actually gone crazy! You need to start sharing details.
    Another lurker here, Perry, surfacing to help you out. I just bought HanDBase and Adarian Money for my trusty Treo 600 (which is doing great- I'm sure you want to know). I, myself, am hanging on for the unlocked GSM version. Thanks for keeping the faith. Be happy to see you on the unlocked GSM camp!
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    ok Perry... The last couple days you have thrown out a lot of hints that you know something we don't.... it is time to pull the "pink" carpet out from under you.... TELL US where your getting the rumors. Yes I said rumors... you should know by now that stating short comments like you just did does not give us hope... it discourages us that you have actually gone crazy! You need to start sharing details.
    I think it's called
    DENIAL
    cobalt blue 700w (GSM) on it's way... totally opposite to what Perry "thinks" he wants.
    and they said Cobalt would never come on the Palm Treo...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    a better camera and/or more memory will get me to upgrade...
    Admittely, the Treo cameras are pretty awful. I just finished Editing a story that will go up on TC's front page on Monday next by Jay Gross. Jay has been a professional photographer (as well as a writer, magazine publisher and Editor for almost forty years).. wait until you see his article and what can be done with post-processing Treo camera pictures. You won't believe it. I couldn't believe it.

It might just be the best article ever written about turning the umm.. well.. perhaps crap isn't the best word.. let's say the less-than-quality pictures that Treo cameras make into pictures that are truly nice to look at and can even be used for semi-professional needs. Well okay, maybe crap is the right word for the Treos' cameras.

So stay tuned. Jay is a freakin' genius when it comes to photography and image processing. His site is www.fotoartista.com where you can see a lot of his work and portfolios and his bio. I've known him for over twenty years.

But I agree, Treos need far better cameras (and a LOT more memory).. if they're going to be taken even remotely seriously as photographic tools. The ball is in Palm's hands. Let's see if they run with it.

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 03/29/2006 at 03:44 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    I didn't say everything he had to say was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth Gharrod. Relax. Besides, many bloggers have more accountability than regular media outlets. I thought it very ON TOPIC that Palmsource's Competition Officer had something to say publicly.
    I wasn't speaking to the validity of any of his points I was in fact saying I do not believe anything coming from a blog unless it has been confirmed by a responsible journalistic source. Blogging and Podcasting wil implode if they continue the irresponsible downhill slide they are on. That was my point
    Has enyone found a database referencing the 700P on any speed test results? If they are in fact testing them someone has had to go out on a limb and try to see how fast it is going. This would be pretty solid proof...
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon

Hi treosolomom!

I totally understand. I offer no proof. I offer no clue as to where it comes from. If I were a one month noobie, I would be blasted and flamed into orbit. I have been chosen for this role without my asking. I will play it out.

It could be a PPR delusion,
    I could be Slinky 2, or
    I could just be me.

I can offer you nothing more, than I understand your doubt. As I have said before, I would not hang myself out to dry like this unless I was 100% sure that I was not being led down the primrose path.

This Silly Season is over, I have moved on to the the next Silly Season (Palm/Linux Treo XXXP).

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Has enyone found a database referencing the 700P on any speed test results? If they are in fact testing them someone has had to go out on a limb and try to see how fast it is going. This would be pretty solid proof...
    Perry, perhaps your source has info he or she could share???
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I wasn't speaking to the validity of any of his points I was in fact saying I do not believe anything coming from a blog unless it has been confirmed by a responsible journalistic source. Blogging and Podcasting wil implode if they continue the irresponsible downhill slide they are on. That was my point
    As I said, there are a bunch of well-known journalistic blogs that are responsible and back up their reporting with facts and investigation. That's getting off the point. The contribution to the thread was a guy who threw out comments on the future of Palm from his context -- that is, as COO within PalmSource.

Even if you treat his writing as pure opinion (your choice, and certainly within reason), it's no reason to flame the inclusion of such material. We have people posting, "Hey I talked to some poor guy at the Sprint store!" material, fer crying out loud. This blogger appears to have insight that the rest of us don't. Don't throw cold water on it just b/c you don't like the medium. Ok, rant off, but JEEZ! Your point was off topic, so let's move on.

I think that Palm is definitely angling for leverage on Access by keeping mum and chasing people who get their hands on valid info. If the 700P is dominantly successful, they will have more leverage on ALP than if it doesn't capture more of the market than just 600/650 upgrades. They want to control this info as much as possible to improve their bargaining position, I bet. That said, bring out the 700P Palm!
    Don't Miss the Release of MI:700P
    The Search for the New Treo

Staring gtwo
    Will he get out of the Padded Pink Room Alive...

May 5th at a Theater Near you...
    I "upgraded" from a ux-50 to a Treo 600, but quickly went to a T3 and Sony Ericson phone. 160x160 does not cut it, the Treo 650's screen is perfect. I used the 700w, the screen isn't that bad for 240x240, when I held my 650 up against it I felt bad for the 700w users, oh well. Bring on the 700p already!@!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry, perhaps your source has info he or she could share???
    How's this: (not their info)

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showcategory3.php/67

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showcategory3.php/63

http://www.fortte.com

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110808
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    ...This Silly Season is over, I have moved on to the the next Silly Season (Palm/Linux Treo XXXP).

Cheers, Perry.
    Please Perry, don't go there. That Silly Season will still be going when your little girl is GRADUATING from high school. Don't put yourself through all of that. Repent, and foresake any Treos beyond 700P (and I SURE HOPE YOU GET ONE OF THOSE SOME DAY SOON).

Otherwise, you'll develop more personalties than Sybil.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Please Perry, don't go there. That Silly Season will still be going when your little girl is GRADUATING from high school. Don't put yourself through all of that. Repent, and foresake any Treos beyond 700P (and I SURE HOPE YOU GET ONE OF THOSE SOME DAY SOON).

Otherwise, you'll develop more personalties than Sybil.

Perry is having another conversation right now, what is your question again?
    (Never liked that Perry guy anyway, always too polite.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlilin
    Another lurker here, Perry, surfacing to help you out. I just bought HanDBase and Adarian Money for my trusty Treo 600 (which is doing great- I'm sure you want to know). I, myself, am hanging on for the unlocked GSM version. Thanks for keeping the faith. Be happy to see you on the unlocked GSM camp!
    Thanks Millin!

I feel like the Pied Piper of Hamelin, but that's a bad analogy.

Cheers, Perry.
    Cool! I'm starting to think that one day, maybe, I could possibly believe that there might conceivably, perchance, be plans to one day release something closely resembling that of a new Palm Treo phone - call me crazy.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.