Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1527
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    I haven't seen our Nordic friend on this board lately. Where did he go?
    Changed jobs, sold Treo, now lurks, trying to gain approval for a 700P.

I'M HERE !!

NOT TIMID !!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Changed jobs, sold Treo, now lurks, trying to gain approval for a 700P...
    Isn't that more like "sulks" while trying to get approval for the nonexistent (oops, my bad) Treo 700P?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    LOL
    Well look at it this way. A check of my 650 about 3 weeks ago has Tracker Dog showing spmething major coming down the pipe. When you use Tracker Dog, for those who may be unaware, it logs onto a web site and downloads the latest version information for all the programs on your device. It also compares the version info with its database and will update the database if, for example, you were the first to intsall a new version before any other TD users do. It presents the version info in a "Your Version / Current version format".

As of 3 weeks ago, TD is showing new versions for:

Datebook (4.51.1P / 6.0)
    HotSync (5.4.0 / 5.4.8P)
    MMConduit (3.1C / 3.5M)
    MMNotify (3.1C / 3.5M)
    Palm PIM Support (1.1.2 / 4.0)
    Quick Tour (2.0 / 4.0)
    Security (5.9H / 9.0)
    SyncMedia (1.0.0.5 / 2.0.0.2)
    TasksPTab (1.21 / 4.0)
    ToDo ( 4.5.2P / 5.2H)
    Touchscreen (4.73P / 4.74P)

There's other ones on the list .... Phone, Preferences, Blazer, Versamail, etc but all that activity points to something more than a new ROM Upgrade. There's also the CNet article where Colligan, post 700w, uses the plural form when answering a question regarding whther Palm will continue developing POS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    gharrod:

ricochet may be right on this one (unless Mace is lying that he is a former VP of Palm). The UMTS connection is no small problem for Palm, and if Frankengarnet can even be stretched to reach EVDO (notice that it was the WM5 700W that got them their first) for Sprint, I still don't believe it can do the juggling in the GSM space. If so, and it's a given that ALPO is more than a year away, then Palm will heve to snuggle up to WM5.

That's why I thought Hollywood would be WM5 and Lowrider could be either, if economy model = slow data.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    I haven't seen our Nordic friend on this board lately. Where did he go?

I'm here! Between the never ending 700P rumor threads and the fact I had to change devices ( Job Related) I took a little break from silly season. I am using a EVDO 1.2 BT device and it is amazing.

I should be able to jump back on the 700P band wagon when it's released. Although the Dell 700m is very tempting. It's hard to replace a laptop with a Treo, I tried with the 650 but maybe with the EVDO 700P I will be able to. It's a NY minute thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshbell
    Well Perry, we both live in the same city, so it was one of the Sprint business reps in western Michigan. (MAYBE)

Asking people to name names is silly - nobody's going to do it because nobody wants helpful company reps getting in trouble for slipping some info. (EXACTLY)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 09:40 AM.
    Maybe it wil make people more responsible in making sure their sources are legit and less rumor/gossp in the forums. If you are telling the truth you have nothing to hide is my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Maybe it wil make people more responsible in making sure their sources are legit and less rumor/gossp in the forums. If you are telling the truth you have nothing to hide is my point.
    Not true, if you're asking someone inside Sprint to 'leak' you some information, as I am. That could get them in trouble and nobody would do that to a friend or helpful company rep. You'd never get any more information from them, after that, especially if there was disciplinary action involved.

Having said all that, and being a former Sprint employee, I still have some contacts 'inside'. Here's what I got back, and it's not new information.

"I think SRP is going to be around $619 (not definite)…Should launch late 2Q. Its going to look similar to the current model and were going to have two styles, a palm version and windows version, but I don't think the windows version is going to come out until 3Q."
    Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    That's why I thought Hollywood would be WM5 and Lowrider could be either, if economy model = slow data.
    Those are both good assumptions. Palm is lighter on its feet, so building a low end, yet functional smartphone, would make it a good niche player, even if you rolled back to an earlier version fo Frankengarnet (think TreoZ - as in Zire).
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I'm here! Between the never ending 700P rumor threads and the fact I had to change devices ( Job Related) I took a little break from silly season. I am using a EVDO 1.2 BT device and it is amazing.

I should be able to jump back on the 700P band wagon when it's released. Although the Dell 700m is very tempting. It's hard to replace a laptop with a Treo, I tried with the 650 but maybe with the EVDO 700P I will be able to. It's a NY minute thing.
    Dear Mods:

Could we just get a sticky to Viking's video avatar - some of us just need to get recharged occasionally by visiting - keeps us focused on the topics at hand.
    I also was told June. And I was also told that they had no information on whether it was a windows or palm. They suck, just give us information damnit!
    .. whatever.

You all will get the 700P .. *drum roll* .. when it comes out. Though it [was] pretty fun(ny) to read all the rumor posts. I'm still on the 600. Not 100% sure I will upgrade to 700P, but 100% the 650 wasn't enough of an upgrade to upgrade.

Ciao! (and there goes my 1 post for the quarter)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    PLEASEEEEEEEEE MERGE!! with the already 12335465435454 threads we have on "I heard from a rep/source/mother-inlaw/brothers wife's fathers niece at sprint!"
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    It is frustrating.....trying to do a search for something you posted or saw in one of them so you can point someone to it results in innumerable threads to search that I just wanna say the hell with it.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBattle
    .. whatever.

You all will get the 700P .. *drum roll* .. when it comes out. Though it [was] pretty fun(ny) to read all the rumor posts. I'm still on the 600. Not 100% sure I will upgrade to 700P, but 100% the 650 wasn't enough of an upgrade to upgrade.

Ciao! (and there goes my 1 post for the quarter)
    If I may be so BOLD I beg to differ. Non-volatile RAM and four times the screen pixels are enough reasons right there to upgrade from a 600 to a 650. Have you actually seen the two screens with, say, the same Web site loaded side by side? And if you have, even that didn't sell you? I never had a 600 but I've had Palms, including Samsung Palm phones with 160x160 resolution and the difference is like night and day. Even the 700w at 240x240 looks, to me, like I want to say "there's something wrong with the screen. Where's the detail? Where's the shaprness? Why does this geo map with tiny text (on a Web site) look kinda blurry? Is this the best it can do?"

That's just my opinion, but I'm stickin' to it

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    If I may be so BOLD I beg to differ. Non-volatile RAM and four times the screen pixels are enough reasons right there to upgrade from a 600 to a 650. Have you actually seen the two screens with, say, the same Web site loaded side by side? And if you have, even that didn't sell you? I never had a 600 but I've had Palms, including Samsung Palm phones with 160x160 resolution and the difference is like night and day. Even the 700w at 240x240 looks, to me, like I want to say "there's something wrong with the screen. Where's the detail? Where's the shaprness? Why does this geo map with tiny text (on a Web site) look kinda blurry? Is this the best it can do?"

Harv

I couldn't not give up my Tungsten T3 large screen for the 600's smaller 160x160 -- even for the simplicity of carrying one device on my hip instead of two. The 650 screen sold me instantly! And more memory, EV-DO, and the larger capacity SD card capability in the 700P will make my "650" perfect for my needs!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quick, everyone throw salt over your shoulder !!

Or, how 'bout "Rally Caps"? Everyone turn those baseball caps backwards!!

Or, pajamas inside out tonight? (That brings a school snow day according to my 13 year old.)

What else is there? We got to get Sprint off the dime here !! I am losing my patience with these PINK walls !!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser

Harv
    Harv,

I also didn't upgrade from the 600 to the 650 because it didn't seem like a big enough upgrade then. I have a Handspring Treo 600 and it seems to me that the Palm Treo 600s and 650s didn't have as clear of a screen (maybe they switched to a cheaper OEM). Don't get me wrong, the 650 had more resolution, but there was always a yellowish or blueish tint to everything. I was a Treo 270 user originally, so the 600 was a substantial upgrade. Once I heard about the problems related to non-volatile memory (i.e. same data taking up more space), bluetooth and a better screen just didn't do it for me. My 600 has been rock solid (still on the original one) and I've had it for almost 2 1/2 years. I really feel that I've gotten my money's worth out of this device and am now looking for more functionality.
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}