Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1527
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=63

Palm. . .Sprint. . . . Just show us the Treo 700P !!!!!!!! Please!
    Hollywood, what the Cingular Treo 650 should have been.

Smaller size; smaller OS. Why not?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmenahem
    i don't post much;
    That's an understatement!

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

he's gunna give you a run for your money!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    he's gunna give you a run for your money!

In 30,986 years. . . . .
    Can we please merge this with the other 237 threads on when the 700 coming out on sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

He's been "thinin and cypherin" as Jethro would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Interesting read on the Treonauts blog: http://blog.treonauts.com/

snip

Clearly, the chart above shows that Treo sales have followed a strong upward growth since its launch with every new smartphone generation providing additional momentum. As I pointed out earlier, Treo unit sales for the current quarter (Y3–Q1) stands at 569,000 having grown 111% from the same period a year ago and I have projected a similar growth rate for the coming three quarters with 884, 940 and 870 thousand units sold respectively.

It is obvious that with the expected launch in the next three quarters of all the new Treo smartphones below Palm has many opportunities to increase sales even further:

Treo 700p (running PalmOS) with Sprint in May/June
    Treo ‘Hollywood’ with Cingular in the US as well as Orange and/or Vodafone in Europe combined with a lower cost Treo ‘Lowrider’ sometime in Q3
    Treo 700w (running Windows Mobile) with Sprint either in Q3 or Q4 and potentially also with Orange and/or Vodafone in Europe at the same time.
    Since I’m on the subject of opportunities, considering that only 20% of Treo sales are outside the US it is clear that Palm has plenty of room for growth abroad and among others it has been working closely with European carriers to ensure that it can deliver a custom Treo more suitable to local design tastes. Additionally, the global market at large is still mostly ignorant of the many benefits that Treo smartphones can deliver both at work and at home and only 2% of business email boxes are currently accessed on the go…

Moreover, it is worthwhile noting that iPod sales spiked massively thanks to the introduction of ‘low cost’ models such as the Mini, Shuffle and later Nano which evidently helped to stimulate the overall penetration of iPods (the launch of the iTunes Music Store in Q9 was also extremely important). I expect that with Palm’s introduction of its own low cost Treo ‘Lowrider’ model we will see a similar surge in overall Treo unit sales in the coming quarters.

Finally, returning to Palm’s quarterly report, it is worthwhile pointing out some of CEO Ed Colligan’s most interesting comments:

“We [plan to] launch additional smartphones this year on two platforms – Windows Mobile and PalmOS – and introduce products designed to accelerate our smartphone expansion in international markets.”
    “Last quarter, I shared with you that Palm would introduce four new smartphones in calendar year 2006. When I say new smartphones, I am referring to a combination of operating system, new hardware design, new radio technology or other significant advancement.”
    “You’ll see additional differentiation on Windows Mobile products yet to be announced. We look forward to further collaboration with Microsoft to bring more Treos to market here and abroad.” “In one study of more than 530 US IT managers, Treo smartphones were preferred by 43% of respondents – well more than any competitor. Thre preference for Treo is so strong that 29% of registered Treo 650 customers surveyed said they switched carriers just to get it.”
    “We’re especially eager to deliver a Microsoft Messaging software update and a Security Feature Pack, which will enable “direct push technology” on the Treo 700w. We expect enterprise deployments to accelerate when this update is available soon.” “In partnership with RIM , we completed the core client software for Blackberry Connect on the Treo 650. Interested carriers are now in the process of certification testing.”

Gotta love that other sites basically come here to get their information then go out and create their blog and then we end up quoting it back on TC forums. I swear most Sprint and Palm employees get their Treo product updates from us not from their own companies.
    I'm sick of merges...post away!!!
    New rule: Any rumors quoting a source at Palm or Sprint have to include the name and contact number for the individual. I doubt half these conversation take place.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Gotta love that other sites basically come here to get their information then go out and create their blog and then we end up quoting it back on TC forums. I swear most Sprint and Palm employees get their Treo product updates from us not from their own companies.
    And you are surprised by this.....

I can't REMEMBER tha last time I DIDN'T learn about a TReo feature here from you guys before the lunkheads at _______ (Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile, Best Buy, you name it) knew it. They used to send me here for driver/setting updates because the geek squad had no freakin idea how to fix problems.
    New rule: Any rumors quoting a source at Palm or Sprint have to include the name and contact number for the individual. I doubt half these conversation take place.

We agree !! (On enough with the conversations -- I WANT TO SEE THE PUPPY !!)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=63
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 09:29 AM.
    Any lack of adherance to the above rule will cause us all to put you on "ignore" so no more rumors. Proof positive only and that does not include the neighbor of your dog's psychic who happens to have a lame druggie cousin who works for Sprint in Lithuania.
    And can the mods do something about this Aviator poster who has started multiple threads of the same thing. He appears to be a spammer.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I swear most Sprint and Palm employees get their Treo product updates from us not from their own companies.

I agree!
    I have had this experience myself talking to salesperson in a sprint store.
    I have one problem (well as many know I have many problems but the different personalities share them well).

What is the name of the product is not the Treo700P...I Mean how will Perry remove that tattoo from his forehead???
    I have one problem (well as many know I have many problems but the different personalities share them well).

What is the name of the product is not the Treo700P...I Mean how will Perry remove that tattoo from his forehead???

Sandpaper.
    then what will you use when you go #2?
    I really feel that the treo 700p will be released in June. Everytime I've called telesales to ask for it, they all say the same thing. They got a memo stating June. I'm not sure how much faith I'd put in the May 28th thing, but take it for what it is, I wish it was sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I really feel that the treo 700p will be released in June. Everytime I've called telesales to ask for it, they all say the same thing. They got a memo stating June. I'm not sure how much faith I'd put in the May 28th thing, but take it for what it is, I wish it was sooner.

OOOOoooo, you said the "J" word !!!!!

I still haven't gotten used to the "M" word.. . . . . .