Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1527
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Good job Perry. I have a little more confidence that the guy who called you was legit but what about Palm being so interested in a Sprint internal document?
    Gee...why don't we all think about it for a minute....Palm may want to know who witihn SPRINT leaked the document. After all it is still a PALM product that was to have been kept confidential.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    or maybe Palm is miffed because the document is fake...
    Ok, not earth-shattering or very authorotative. But was a a Best Buy that sells sprint phones. Sales person there said the staff has been told by their supervisor that the new Sprint Treo would be out "soon"

By the way she was standing and the tilt of her head and tone of her voice when she said that, I am convinced that "soon" meant May 28th and that it would be a 650P not W and that there would be a instant rebate available.
    I was talking to my tree and it said the 700P would be out in May. For what it's worth, it was a Palm tree. Just my two cents.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I can't believe I read through this long thread thinking there was something definitive in it (like a REAL pic of the P). This is just another B/S thread.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I can't believe I read through this long thread thinking there was something definitive in it (like a REAL pic of the P). This is just another B/S thread.

CLIFF NOTES VERSION OR EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:

1. There was a document.
    2. It was confirmed.
    3. That is being debated.
    What's the Squirrel-Spirit Guide say?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    See what happens when they make us stay on topic??? Perry, I believe in the 700P just so you know. I do have questions about things and hope to hell I am wrong.
    Just to be fair -- I went on topic in their OT thread !!

I know you believe -- my summary included those that still doubt there will ever be something other than WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Just to be fair -- I went on topic in their OT thread !!

I know you believe -- my summary included those that still doubt there will ever be something other than WM5.
    I just can't stand it anymore - everytime I see Munk's avatar for you, these lyrics keep popping into my head (10 points if you know the singer - no peeking below before guessing):

Please release me, let me go,
    For I don't love you anymore.
    To live a lie would be a sin.
    Release me and let me love again.

And I keep hearing Perry wailing those lyrics three months from now as he migrates to the Sprint 700 "W"

BTW - you can get the ringtone for your last Palm from here:

http://www.lyrics007.com/Engelbert%2...%20Lyrics.html
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I just can't stand it anymore - everytime I see Munk's avatar for you, these lyrics keep popping into my head (10 points if you know the singer - no peeking below before guessing):

And I keep hearing Perry wailing those lyrics three months from now as he migrates to the Sprint 700 "W"

NO WAY WILL PERRY GO TO A 700W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

If forced to migrate -- it will not be to a 700W. I did not buy a 600 due to the screen, I will not buy a 700W due to the screen. Rock, paper, . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . Screen trumps EV-DO.
    LOL

If forced to migrate -- it will not be to a 700W. I did not buy a 600 due to the screen, I will not buy a 700W due to the screen. Rock, paper, . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . Screen trumps EV-DO.
    Well, my bet is that Palm will take better control of the next "version" of the 700W, and you'll see a high res screen and even better one-handed operation (the best of any WM5 design). I'm betting that's where Hollywood is going. WM5 will handle 480x480 native, which is even better than the 650.

Chin up old pal, they'll take care of you so you won't languish in the PPR forever.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo

Yep, and over 1100 messages later, it's like the friggin' Ever Ready rabbit.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Jees... WTF happenned to this thread? I come back after a while and it's mutated into a throbbing OT mess...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hi KStewart!

Let's cover the history:

Ed C. said he was going to make a PalmOS Treo this year.
    The product number "700W" screams the existence of a sibling "700P"
    Palm said WM5 was to expand their reach into business IT departments, not replace the PalmOS.
    Shadowmite has seen a beta himself and saw it work, similar beta to Merlyn's.
    Palm took Merlyn's beta away.
    Shadow stated the Treo was in testing on the Sprint network and guessed at a May release --given how far along it was in testing.
    At the same time he said no 700W had yet begun testing on the Sprint Network.
    Palm said that Verizon had a "til mid-year" exclusive.
    This leads to a 700P first 700W scenario on Sprint.
    n4cer's document is specific as to specs and date and product. (Palm Police after him, as well.)
    n4cer's document has been confirmed (ya, I know--only 2 of us on this forum know that.)

We shall see. I have moved on to the Silly Season for the Palm/Linux/ALP Treo.

Cheers, Perry.
    Cheers to you Perry...
    Well, my bet is that Palm will take better control of the next "version" of the 700W, and you'll see a high res screen and even better one-handed operation (the best of any WM5 design). I'm betting that's where Hollywood is going. WM5 will handle 480x480 native, which is even better than the 650.

Chin up old pal, they'll take care of you so you won't languish in the PPR forever.

Also with more memory, I hope. Then I will consider it. I still refuse to pay $500 for a WM5 device with only 32MB RAM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Also with more memory, I hope. Then I will consider it. I still refuse to pay $500 for a WM5 device with only 32MB RAM.
    Me too! Next phone is either a 700p or the 6700. Leaning towards the 6700 though...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    It seems like i am missing the boat here. What is so special about the 700 that is making people crazy? I really want evdo, that is the only thing my 650 does not have that i would like. But i hardly think it is worth all the hype it has been getting. Is there something else this does that i dont know about? I will probably buy whatever comes out to get EVDO, but i dont think it is worth all of this commotion. If the moto q was coming to sprint, i would get that in a heartbeat given the way palm has jacked us around. So it comes down to lack of options, really...kind of like voting for president.

I am looking for high speed, more memory and some kind of OS update. Although I don't know what they can do to update Garnet anymore. That is the main reason why I'm not so enthusiastic anymore. There might not be any serious updates(except high speed and memory) from the 650. I'm still not sure I want to spend another $500 on a 700 that is much like the 650.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Jees... WTF happenned to this thread? I come back after a while and it's mutated into a throbbing OT mess...
    gfunkmagic,
    Perry has been doing a good job at keep this thread on topic. If not for him, this thread would be ridiculously off topic by now.

Perry,
    I appreciate your honesty and humor through this Silly Season, while waiting in the lobby of the PPR during visiting hours. Thanks.
    Last edited by Fender Doc; 03/27/2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Grammar