Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1527
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNeopet
    Hey Everyone,

While it has been some time since I have posted, I am not a newbie. Not to stir the pot further, but here is a link to the page on Sprint offering the $99.00 deal:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp

It is just for "business liable" accounts, but I also seem to recall that tweety is interested in several phones for his business.

So, our paranoia may be misplaced in this particular circumstance.

Just hoping the 700p comes out real soon, so we can end all this speculation....

Neo
    This is probably a better link.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Thank you jazzi I appericate the help, the only reason I said anything was because if you read my post on what the sprint rep told me I just found it a little funny that now you can buy the 650 so cheap, just wanted to give everyone a heads up keep your eye on that site cause if there was any truth to what she said you'll see the treo700 on that site first she told me beginning of April on-line only at first so she could have been a no mind like alot of other reps giving false info, but I look at it this way it won't hurt me to check the site I usually check it in the morning and then late at night like I said it won't hurt I just find that sale odd. I hope you get the P first
    Was in a Costco today yapping with a rep. Claims he was told by his rep the Sprint ones are due out in April, Costco would be carrying them within a month of release. Since they represent a few carriers, he wasn't shy in saying that they don't carry the Verizon 700w because "they weren't moving."

I'm taking this and all the other third-hand advice with a grain of salt until I see one in my hand, but I'm betting something new will be in my hand within a couple months. And if I can order them from Costco (with their excellent customer care and return privileges) then all the better. A month-long delay will only prevent me from being another guinea pig for all the problems I encountered being one of the first 600 and 650 owners.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    For the last several days the Palm website will not sell you a Sprint 650. It's out of stock. There is stock for all other carriers.

http://web.palm.com/products/smartphones/treo650/

Had given up on seeing a 700p and tried to buy a 650 . . . now not so sure and back to waiting . . .

-- Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650
    LOL - Perry, I am beginning to wonder if you yourself aren't some super secret poster working for Palm - remember that show "The Mole"?

That is the risk I run, but I will not out my sources. They have put a great deal of faith in me and I will not betray it. On the other hand, I respect the opinions of those that want something more concrete. I have the luxury of knowing my sources and that I am not being jacked around. You folks do not.

The great debate will continue. . . . .

Actually, I could be Slinky -- having joined under an alias 15 months and 4,000 posts ago -- just so I could set up the good cop bad cop scenario on this.

LOL

Anyway, this conspiracy theory stuff is cheap entertainment to keep our minds off the freakin' length of this Silly Season that won't die. Maybe the code name for the 700P at Palm is "Freddie."

Cheers, Perry.
    05/28/06
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 06:13 AM.
    It seems like i am missing the boat here. What is so special about the 700 that is making people crazy? I really want evdo, that is the only thing my 650 does not have that i would like. But i hardly think it is worth all the hype it has been getting. Is there something else this does that i dont know about? I will probably buy whatever comes out to get EVDO, but i dont think it is worth all of this commotion. If the moto q was coming to sprint, i would get that in a heartbeat given the way palm has jacked us around. So it comes down to lack of options, really...kind of like voting for president.
    It's a Palm new device ritual that began 10 years ago. . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It's a Palm new device ritual that began 10 years ago. . . . . . .
    I hear ya, i will be in line to get one too, maybe near you perry, i am in lansing in a week or so...i just wish there was more to the "new" device, or there was a viable alternative....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Perry, did you call Palm and ask for that person or try to find he/she in their VM system? It is pretty easy to spoof an email address and called ID these days.

Done -- he is in their voicemail system and the voice on his "You have reached the phone of . . . . " is the same.

These hoaxers are GOOD!

(Of course -- if I am part of the problem, this confirmation isn't worth the digital ink it is presented in.)

Cheers, Perry.

(You did get me thinking there, gharrod -- I'm not used to this cloak and dagger stuff.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 08:12 AM.
    Another conspiracy theory deflated!
    Good job Perry. I have a little more confidence that the guy who called you was legit but what about Palm being so interested in a Sprint internal document?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    That is the risk I run, but I will not out my sources. They have put a great deal of faith in me and I will not betray it. On the other hand, I respect the opinions of those that want something more concrete. I have the luxury of knowing my sources and that I am not being jacked around. You folks do not.

The great debate will continue. . . . .

Actually, I could be Slinky -- having joined under an alias 15 months and 4,000 posts ago -- just so I could set up the good cop bad cop scenario on this.

LOL

Anyway, this conspiracy theory stuff is cheap entertainment to keep our minds off the freakin' length of this Silly Season that won't die. Maybe the code name for the 700P at Palm is "Freddie."

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry -

You have my vote of confidence as well. Your word is as good as Shadowmite's. I do not believe you would hang yourself out to the TC public as you have without being 100% certain of the 700p release date. I am ready for the party on 5/28
    Perry...I sure hope they don't push it back or the wolves will tar you apart
    ...and Perry, no one I know would ever refer to you as Slinky. He is in a league all his own...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Perry...I sure hope they don't push it back or the wolves will tar you apart
    I know.

And just to put this another light on this: this is not a Perry vs. gharrod thing. This is a forum for open debate, research and mutual assistance. Every forum needs it's Perry and every forum needs it's gharrod. It's not about who is right or wrong, it's about the community. A community is not whole, without it's checks and balances. Debate is healthy.

It's the length of this Silly Season that sucks.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/27/2006 at 09:04 AM.
    It's the length of this Silly Season that sucks.

Cheers, Perry.
    Amen to that! It's starting to drag as bad as the wait for the never released Samsung i550!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Can I bring up the totally relevant point no one has brought up so far.

The document in question is a Sprint document not a Palm document so Palm would have no say over it or its existence or the validity of the document opnly whether the specifications are correct. Maybe the next step is to look into this Palm Secrecy Police and see if they are legit or not. Maybe the person contacting Perry was a spoof.

If it were Sprint who contacted Perry I would be more inclined to believe this contact was totally legit. REMEMBER I am not questioning Perry's recollection of the event or whether the contact occured but this screams of questionable.
    I think the issue here is that Palm does have say over when and how information on its device is announced. I would guess that if the information on said document is true and Palm didn't like that it was released to the public, they may be a bit upset at Sprint/n4cer.
    Please everyone keep in mind I believe there is a new 700P out there somewhere I am not convinced of the time frame being correct. It may be earlier (my best bet is April 17th announcement by Palm and Sprint getting it about 10 days later) or it falling into Q3. My reasoning? The MotoQ is going to be there in April. Palm either has to challenge it with their new device or wait till the buzz of the Q dies down because it will create the same kind ofbuzz the Razr caused.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyteam
    Hey Guys !! Its the newbie, anybody look at the sprint site, Treo 650's Only 99.00 their having this big 7 day clearance sale, maybe I'm reading to much into it but I'm really starting to believe what the sprint rep told me last week when she said the new Treo wil be out and available on-line only first week of April maybe I'm just dreaming but I find it kinda funny that you their having this big clearance sale and only 99.00 for a 650 if I'm just dreaming someone wake me up

Weird, that link posted earlier:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...pCorporate.jsp

My wife and I got two 650s for $99 each last week. I have it in my hand! My touchscreen on my older 650 was a bit wiggy, but when I took it to the Sprint store, they just re-flashed the firmware, and it appears to be fine, so I'm going to sell it on eBay.

ANYWAY, here's how we got em: my wife's friend works for UPS, and was _called_ at home by sprint, offering $99 for a 650. They bought two (married folks who both had 600s) and gave us the phone number. I left a message at that number, and they called back, and *whammo* -- two 650s for $99 each. No initial fee, nadda, just up the contract for another two years. I was out of contract and my wife wasn't, but out plan is pretty good as it is -- so it was a great deal.

Dragonman helped me compare our plan to the SERO plan, and it came out a wash. We have 800 shared minutes, the old $10 Vision service (my wife was grandfathered in and never left sprint like I did for a while), unlimited text messaging, the pro pack, etc, plus, her company gets us an 11% off deal, so we pay around $85 per month. And we have the fair and flexible deal, so if we go over, it doesn't cost us an arm and leg. And I have the sprint biz connect.

My only concern will be if our current vision will HAVE to be upgraded when I buy a 700p.... we'll see.

I gave that phone number to a friend, and he called, but the sprint reps he talked to gave him the run-around, and finally they said it was only if the business was paying for the service. So I dunno if we just got lucky, but I feel lucky!