Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Perry, this is on topic. Just for curiosity sake I looked up the word "verbage" from the post about Sprint's release of the 700P on May 28th. Maybe this is splitting hairs in a major way but I have trouble with their use of the term "verbage" which I believe should be "verbiage."

I am trying to convince myself an educated and professional product department in a major company would use "verbage." See the definition below...

verbage: /ver´b@j/, n.

A deliberate misspelling and mispronunciation of verbiage that assimilates it to the word ‘garbage’. Compare content-free. More pejorative than ‘verbiage’.

Is this a hidden clue that the document is, in fact, fake? The word should be plainly and simply "verbiage" as defined below:

Pronunciation: 'v&r-bE-ij also -bij
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, from Middle French verbier to chatter, from verbe speech, from Latin verbum word
    1 : a profusion of words usually of little or obscure content
    2 : manner of expressing oneself in words

Is this a case of laziness on the part of someone or is it just a clue that this is not a real document which was placed there as a hint to us? (not unlike Slinky's March 15th schtick)
    Hey gharrod!

Warts and all -- the document was sent to Sprint stores.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Perry, this is on topic. Just for curiosity sake I looked up the word "verbage" from the post about Sprint's release of the 700P on May 28th. Maybe this is splitting hairs in a major way but I have trouble with their use of the term "verbage" which I believe should be "verbiage."

I am trying to convince myself an educated and professional product department in a major company would use "verbage." See the definition below...

verbage: /ver´b@j/, n.

A deliberate misspelling and mispronunciation of verbiage that assimilates it to the word ‘garbage’. Compare content-free. More pejorative than ‘verbiage’.

Is this a hidden clue that the document is, in fact, fake? The word should be plainly and simply "verbiage" as defined below:

Pronunciation: 'v&r-bE-ij also -bij
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, from Middle French verbier to chatter, from verbe speech, from Latin verbum word
    1 : a profusion of words usually of little or obscure content
    2 : manner of expressing oneself in words

Is this a case of laziness on the part of someone or is it just a clue that this is not a real document which was placed there as a hint to us? (not unlike Slinky's March 15th schtick)
    I am skeptical on the doc, although less so since Perry's vouching, but to your point, I have a degree in both English and Theatre, and let me tell you something about the way people butcher the english language.

Uh...they does it real bad.

"Major corporate playa's cards" do not necessarily mean "proper english" or "well educated" sp why would you expect someone lower on the chain to do any better? I'm reminded of the time I saw Len Lauer give a keynote, and he made at least thirteen "syntax" type errors. I couldn't stop counting!*

*Now, the fact that I have revealed my degree means nothing with regards to my own posts. I don't want to see a bunch of "Hey DOOM! You misspelled this, or didn't punctuate that!"

To quote one of my favorite authors, hell, one of my favorite PEOPLE of all time period:
    "Once you have mastered the english language (DOOM note-I have. Got's me a paper that says so) you are free to abuse it at your whim"
    -Samuel Clemens on the atrocious grammar in Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I see and understand both points. Just that that combined with the bad cut and paste of the screen on the 700p have me a bit on guard. Help me a little here...has anyone else produced the document independently of the one n4cer put out here before he went into hiding?

I sure would feel a lot more confident if there were a second source for that document.

And Doom, not many butcher English better then I and of course my damned wireless keyboard is flaky and I need spellcheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I see and understand both points. Just that that combined with the bad cut and paste of the screen on the 700p have me a bit on guard. Help me a little here...has anyone else produced the document independently of the one n4cer put out here before he went into hiding?

I sure would feel a lot more confident if there were a second source for that document.

And Doom, not many butcher English better then I and of course my damned wireless keyboard is flaky and I need spellcheck.
    "...better THAN I"... THAN not THEN!
    It'll be fun.
    People, People, People.

What don't you understand about:

1. It was sent to Sprint STORES -- that's plural. and

2. The document was confirmed by sources other than n4cer.

Geesh.

That's all I can say.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/25/2006 at 11:47 AM.
    Palm better hurry up. They could possible have some major competition coming out next month

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...ming-in-april/
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    Palm better hurry up. They could possible have some major competition coming out next month

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...ming-in-april/

Comp

1. Am I the only one who's not excited by this phone anymore? I used to think it was the holy grail, but then I found out the following:

- It's running Windows Smartphone, not Windows Mobile (PocketPC, whatever).
    - No Wi-Fi
    - No UMTS/HSDPA

Posted at 6:02PM on Mar 24th 2006 by Roopesh Sheth

-engadget mobile
    Sorry this last quote was wrong, it is running Windows mobile 5.0. but still no comp IMO
    and it has a mini sd also
    Last edited by Franko515; 03/25/2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    No, the Q IS smartphone, not ppc-phone. The good news is that smartphone is very stable (probably because it does less) and, due the lack of touch screen, is fully one handed.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    She turned me into more than that pal!!!!
    Reaaaally..........what have I done? lol...

Originally Posted by nonobeez
    you mean "presumed" hot chicks...

You, my friend, are either very brave, or very stupid.
    HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom
    Originally Posted by Bekktek
    "presumes"?? beg pardon....??

Bek

I'm sure it was a lapse in judgement. Just hit "ignore" if it bothers you.
    thanks so much honey ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom
    Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I like what I see... Is that you?

Alright. I'm going to simply walk away from this one. Getting banned would be bad this early in Bekk and my's relationship, but watch it Mr.!!!
    aww, it's ok Doomy-woomy...lol

Quote Originally Posted by drdroom
    Unhappy Ha!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gharrod
    ok, I see what is happening Munk and Bekk have a "private party" planned, wait till Doom catches on to this, don't anyone tell him...

That's not even remotely reali...hold on.
    PM from Bekk.

What do you MEAN you can't go to the party, snookums?

Washing your ha...HEY!!!

Son of a...

I am skeptical on the doc, although less so since Perry's vouching, but to your point, I have a degree in both English and Theatre, and let me tell you something about the way people butcher the english language.

Uh...they does it real bad.

"Major corporate playa's cards" do not necessarily mean "proper english" or "well educated" sp why would you expect someone lower on the chain to do any better? I'm reminded of the time I saw Len Lauer give a keynote, and he made at least thirteen "syntax" type errors. I couldn't stop counting!*

*Now, the fact that I have revealed my degree means nothing with regards to my own posts. I don't want to see a bunch of "Hey DOOM! You misspelled this, or didn't punctuate that!"

To quote one of my favorite authors, hell, one of my favorite PEOPLE of all time period:
    "Once you have mastered the english language (DOOM note-I have. Got's me a paper that says so) you are free to abuse it at your whim"
    -Samuel Clemens on the atrocious grammar in Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

I have always said the internet and chat rooms were the demise of the English language... we have more in common than I originally thought.

Bek
    "...better THAN I"... THAN not THEN!
    AMEN!!!!!! And "they are" is "THEY'RE" not "THEIR" !!!!!!

Bek
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Food for thought...

I went to two Sprint Stores in Northern California and neither of them have ever heard of anything other than about the 650 and the 700w. Neither of them had been sent a document outlining the 700p and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Good rumor though....kudos.

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I have always said the internet and chat rooms were the demise of the English language... we have more in common than I originally thought.

Bek
    I.

LOVE.

YOU!!!!!

It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    Food for thought...

I went to two Sprint Stores in Northern California and neither of them have ever heard of anything other than about the 650 and the 700w. Neither of them had been sent a document outlining the 700p and they had no idea what I was talking about.

SMEGGIE

The plot thickens...
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I.

LOVE.

YOU!!!!!

Spoken like a true Stalker....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Food for thought...

SMEGGIE
    well there you have it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    AMEN!!!!!! And "they are" is "THEY'RE" not "THEIR" !!!!!!

Bek

...and HALLELUHAH sweetheart!!!!
    It'll be fun.
    Food for thought...

SMEGGIE
    The doc although real, has been edited. The 700W is FCC approved and ready for shipment from Sprint
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Spoken like a true Stalker....

LOL

Bek