Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Doom!

I know that I am not forthcoming with the specifics, but I do know that the doc is a legit Sprint document. Unless Sprint pulls back on a communication they have already sent to stores -- 5/28 is the given date.

Flame me, trash me, doubt me, I understand -- I probably would doubt such a weak explanation, as well --- but I am secure in the knowledge that Silly Season is over. I wish I could give you something more to chew on.

Hang in there bud.

Cheers, Perry.
    silly season is never over... just in a light hibernation.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    silly season is never over... just in a light hibernation.
    Well, Silly Season has started on the Palm/Linux Treo circa Spring 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Strauss! I didn't realize that was you making the "FCC" argument. Near two years ago the handset manufacturers got the FCC to agree to stop releasing approval docs in advance. The FCC, in effect, became co-conspirators in the sense that they would get the phones in the same time frame, approve them, but not make the documentation public until the device was released. Since then trawling the FCC website looking for clues has proven obsolete my friend. I am sorry, but on this one, you are wrong.

And don't argue with me about it either. I just added you to my "buddy list" this morning, and I don't wanna regret that decision.
    No argument here - my "archaic" brain cells just thought I'd seen more recent links, but both my own examples are older than that....

So, you're stuck with me dude.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    So, you're stuck with me dude.
    Back away, Pal!! He's my spoonbuddy!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Damn, that's a nice avatar, Perry!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Back away, Pal!! He's my spoonbuddy!!
    NOBODY's going to get between you two - trust me!
    Damn, that's a nice avatar, Perry!

Spoken like a true Ar-teest . . . . . . . . .
    I think the compromise with the FCC since Powell left is they will keep them under wraps to a certain point and then there is a public comment period which is when they do appear. The 700W approval showed up publicly exactly a month before Palm started taking orders. Not trying to start any arguments but the FCC has amended the policy slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I think the compromise with the FCC since Powell left is they will keep them under wraps to a certain point and then there is a public comment period which is when they do appear. The 700W approval showed up publicly exactly a month before Palm started taking orders. Not trying to start any arguments but the FCC has amended the policy slightly.
    I think the info needs to show up on FCC site before they sell it and once the phone is approved.

If the phone is approved before target selling/manufactring date then what? What if there are issues and manufacturing has already started.

Things need to be timed right and that just isn't always possible.

Regardless... 700P is on it's way. I just wish it was for GSM.
    Last edited by nonobeez; 03/24/2006 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    True but remeber that the 700W had already had a big joint announcement by this point. There was no secret to be kept (not like there is now either )
    There are preliminary approval processes and testing that are required of the manufacturer throughout. If they start manufacturing the goods before they are approved then it is their gamble. I believe they do not get the FCC ID until they are approved but I would have to double check that before I claim it to be a fact.
    I can't explain it, but I feel stupid. In fact...i think I'll kill myself.

I see 8 gillion posts and think something's happening......................

............................................more crap.

Just more proof that hot chicks screw up threads. Hell, she turned Dr. Doom&Gloom into pastel sweater vest wearing pansey..............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I can't explain it, but I feel stupid. In fact...i think I'll kill myself.
    Munk, watch the pretty swinging watch....
    You are getting sleepy....
    You are getting sleepier....
    You are now asleep....
    Repeat after me: "I will not read gharrod's d@#$ sign." "I will not read gharrod's d@#$ sign." "I will not read gharrod's d@#$ sign." "I will not read gharrod's d@#$ sign."

SNAP

See, now don't you feel better?
    Is that subliminal thing bothersome? I thought it to be on the outer limits of acceptability but found it amusing. If it is a problem let me know and I will change it.
    Hmmm ... less than a week, better sharpen my knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I see 8 gillion posts and think something's happening......................

............................................more crap.

Just more proof that hot chicks screw up threads. Hell, she turned Dr. Doom&Gloom into pastel sweater vest wearing pansey..............
    you mean "presumed" hot chicks...
    Last edited by nonobeez; 03/24/2006 at 09:05 PM.
    "presumes"?? beg pardon....??

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    ...Just more proof that hot chicks screw up threads. Hell, she turned Dr. Doom&Gloom into pastel sweater vest wearing pansey..............
    So this explains YOUR screen name....no sensitivity....no appreciation of your feminine side....no appreciation of hot chicks or manly men....

AND AS FOR YOU nonobeez - watch your back for a big dude in a very scary mask and low voice....
    Last edited by dstrauss; 03/24/2006 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    "presumes"?? beg pardon....??

Bek
    I like what I see... Is that you?