Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1527
  1. #861  
    ...wifi, Treo, EV-DO, blah, blah, blah!

    Seriously though, if someone were to forward this entire thread to Palm (you listen Perry?) I gurantee we'd see an announcement shortly just for fear of their entire "power-user" customer base winding up in the loony-bin!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2. #862  
    FCC FILINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PUBLIC PRIOR TO PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!!


    there I've said it...again. This was the case with the 650...the T5...the zire whatever and so on and so forth.


    together now....

    FCC FILINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PUBLIC PRIOR TO PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!!
  3. #863  
    Thanks for the reminder, Dutchtrumpet!
  4. #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    FCC FILINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PUBLIC PRIOR TO PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!!


    there I've said it...again. This was the case with the 650...the T5...the zire whatever and so on and so forth.


    together now....

    FCC FILINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PUBLIC PRIOR TO PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!!
    ...I know. That's why I'm not worrying about it. I am, however, getting more "antsy" with each passing day. I have NEVER owned a phone this long, and I'm getting the freakin' itch, you know.

    "Help Palm Kenobi. You're my only hope!"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5. #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...I know. That's why I'm not worrying about it. I am, however, getting more "antsy" with each passing day. I have NEVER owned a phone this long, and I'm getting the freakin' itch, you know.

    "Help Palm Kenobi. You're my only hope!"
    I'm with you...I got a 6700 to tide me over until the prodigal treo returns.
  6. #866  
    I decided a 6700 wouldn't quench my thirst. I need the real juice! COME ON PALM!!!!
  7. #867  
    May 28, 2006
  8. #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I'm with you...I got a 6700 to tide me over until the prodigal treo returns.
    I tried one. It was hard to give up EVDO, but there were too many other sacrifices as far as I was concerned. But hey man, if it makes you happy.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  9. #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    FCC FILINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PUBLIC PRIOR TO PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!!


    there I've said it...again. This was the case with the 650...the T5...the zire whatever and so on and so forth.


    together now....

    FCC FILINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PUBLIC PRIOR TO PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!!
    But if they are private, you should be able to at least find something under palm with an FCC iD... just no product/test info. Yes or no?

    Seems to be the case with Nokia and Apple products.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  10. #870  
    Dutch -

    yes, with the successful cooperation of the FCC, they don't always leak - but tell me what recent (last three years) smartphone didn't have some kind of leak from the FCC at or near release time? Some six month in advance (i500) some even longer that never saw the light of day (i550).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  11. #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Dutch -

    yes, with the successful cooperation of the FCC, they don't always leak - but tell me what recent (last three years) smartphone didn't have some kind of leak from the FCC at or near release time? Some six month in advance (i500) some even longer that never saw the light of day (i550).
    for starters...the 650 was released through Sprint business sales before the FCC filings were public.
  12. #872  
    I like what you say.
  13. #873  
    Look. The damn thing IS coming. You're a fool if you think otherwise. We're just all concerned with WHEN.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  14. #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Dutch -

    yes, with the successful cooperation of the FCC, they don't always leak - but tell me what recent (last three years) smartphone didn't have some kind of leak from the FCC at or near release time? Some six month in advance (i500) some even longer that never saw the light of day (i550).

    Strauss! I didn't realize that was you making the "FCC" argument. Near two years ago the handset manufacturers got the FCC to agree to stop releasing approval docs in advance. The FCC, in effect, became co-conspirators in the sense that they would get the phones in the same time frame, approve them, but not make the documentation public until the device was released. Since then trawling the FCC website looking for clues has proven obsolete my friend. I am sorry, but on this one, you are wrong.

    And don't argue with me about it either. I just added you to my "buddy list" this morning, and I don't wanna regret that decision.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15. #875  
    Somebody remind me what the "...and I have proof" part of this thread was supposed to be? I'm not going back and reliving this whole thread just to find it.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  16. #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Look. The damn thing IS coming. You're a fool if you think otherwise. We're just all concerned with WHEN.
    5/28/06

    Read my keystrokes!
  17. #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    5/28/06

    Read my keystrokes!

    ...how do you know that again?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  18. #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...how do you know that again?
    n4cer's document is real.

    Have I warped back in time to a giant electronic information game of Chutes and Ladders?

  19. #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    n4cer's document is real.

    Have I warped back in time to a giant electronic information game of Chutes and Ladders?


    Man, I hate to do this, but, why on earth would an OFFICIAL document from Sprint list "Power Vision, EVDO"? They are one and the same??

    I don't know Perry.

    I just don't know.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  20. #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Man, I hate to do this, but, why on earth would an OFFICIAL document from Sprint list "Power Vision, EVDO"? They are one and the same??

    I don't know Perry.

    I just don't know.

    Hi Doom!

    I know that I am not forthcoming with the specifics, but I do know that the doc is a legit Sprint document. Unless Sprint pulls back on a communication they have already sent to stores -- 5/28 is the given date.

    Flame me, trash me, doubt me, I understand -- I probably would doubt such a weak explanation, as well --- but I am secure in the knowledge that Silly Season is over. I wish I could give you something more to chew on.

    Hang in there bud.

    Cheers, Perry.

Posting Permissions