Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    OK, I'll attempt to bring this thread back On-Topic.

Early this morning on CNBC, they were interviewing an analyst about Palm and the great financial results they released yesterday afternoon.

During the interview, he was mention all of the good things Palm was doing and also mentioned that they should release a new product in the next couple of weeks.

Don't remember the firm he representd and he didn't imply the product to be release.

That's it.

Hmmmmm, well, new product could be just a new PDA. OTOH -- I would grudgingly deal with it being a Treo.. . . . . have to change all those plans now. . . . . the date of the PPRParty with the caterers, the 10,000 gallons of pink paint for the C5A need to arrive earlier, the little novelty viking horns. . . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/24/2006 at 12:32 PM.
    Turbo, congrats to your LSU team. Frankly this is a rumor thread so I am not sure what is on and off topic. It has gotten a little testy at times but we have all survives with just munor cases of Mad-Geek Disease and nop one has been hurt to badly (buit I think Doom and Munk are headed for a showdown at the OK Corral over Bekktek).
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hmmmmm, well, new product could be just a new PDA. OTOH -- I would grudgingly deal with it being a Treo.. . . . . have to change all those plans now. . . . . the date of the PPRParty with the caterers, the 1,000 gallons of pink paint for the C5A need to arrive earlier, the little novelty viking horns. . . . . . . .
    LOVE THE NEW AVATAR! Besides, you won't be one bit "grudging" if they push that puppy out in the next few weeks (can anyone say "April Fools").

Oops - just saw your signature - props to you too Munk.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    LOVE THE NEW AVATAR! Besides, you won't be one bit "grudging" if they push that puppy out in the next few weeks (can anyone say "April Fools").

Oops - just saw your signature - props to you too Munk.

(The primate has talent!)

Oh, you caught the "grudgingly" sarcasm. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/24/2006 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Turbo, congrats to your LSU team. Frankly this is a rumor thread so I am not sure what is on and off topic. It has gotten a little testy at times but we have all survives with just munor cases of Mad-Geek Disease and nop one has been hurt to badly (buit I think Doom and Munk are headed for a showdown at the OK Corral over Bekktek).
    Tks gharrod
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    OK, I'll attempt to bring this thread back On-Topic.

Early this morning on CNBC, they were interviewing an analyst about Palm and the great financial results they released yesterday afternoon.

During the interview, he was mention all of the good things Palm was doing and also mentioned that they should release a new product in the next couple of weeks.

Don't remember the firm he representd and he didn't imply the product to be release.

That's it.
    700W... only phone approved by FCC. CDMA sprint and/or GSM
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Tks gharrod
    Oh yeah, I meant to log on early this AM and give a hearty congrats to LSU, anyone who beats Duke is OK in my book. Yeah, I am still pissed about the Christian Laetner shot that beat UK.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    But the bottom line is that it will still be Garnet 5.x, which is essentially the same OS they have been running for nearly 10 years.

Um dude, you are extremely wrong about garnet being used for nearly 10 years, if I remember correctly it was first used in 2002 with the tungsten T. That makes it 4 years, actually less than 4 years, you are really far off with your fact's there.
    Cardio, get over it. Life has been pretty cruel to CL since then. NBA flop, rumors of batting from the wrong side of the plate and substance abuse have pretty much written him off as a loser. Now he is being sued by BB&T Bank (Lexington Branch by the way). Here is the bginning of the story from LEX18 News in Lexington...

The man who broke the hearts of UK basketball fans with perhaps the most famous last-second shot in college basketball history is being sued by a Lexington-based business.

Last November, Christian Laettner borrowed $375,000 from The Branch Banking and Trust Company, or BB&T. Laettner signed a promissory note agreeing to make nine monthly payments, but he has failed to make the first, a January payment in the amount of about $41,000, causing the currently un-signed NBA player to default.
    look what I found on the results page of dslreports.com/mspeed...

203 2.118s (200k) mycingular.net Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.2) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0

203 kbps... I wonder if it is blue...

Here is a faster result...

228 5.958s (200k)mycingular.netMozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.2) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0
    Last edited by nonobeez; 03/24/2006 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added info
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Oh yeah, I meant to log on early this AM and give a hearty congrats to LSU, anyone who beats Duke is OK in my book. Yeah, I am still pissed about the Christian Laetner shot that beat UK.
    Tks cardio. Don't overlook the Lady Tigers-they play Sat in the Sweet 16 in the morning. mMn play Sat afternoon in the Elite 8.

It's been great to be a Tiger this year.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gharrod
    Turbo, congrats to your LSU team...

Tks gharrod
    Enjoy it for your 48 hours of glory, 'cause the 'Horns are headed to the final four. (Sticking his head into the Tiger's jaws as he sheepishly recalls our encounter with the Blue Demons earlier this season....)

Counting baseball, it's been great to be a Longhorn the last twelve months!

Last edited by dstrauss; 03/24/2006 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    700W... only phone approved by FCC. CDMA sprint and/or GSM
    HMMMMM.....that is an interesting observation. I hadn't noticed that. Would a GSM radio require separate approval? Would a change of OS on the 700 CDMA type system require approval?
    HMMMMM.....that is an interesting observation. I hadn't noticed that. Would a GSM radio require separate approval? Would a change of OS on the 700 CDMA type system require approval?
    yes and yes....

GSM radio makes it a different phone.

different OS also makes it a different phone... different screen remember. I think even a change in plastics requires a test.

Paint sometimes makes a difference in EMI shielding.
    I don't think we ever got that question answered when it was asked on the forum in December about the 700P as the FCC filing being a leading indicator of a new Treo ready for market.

My speculation is that a GSM model (different radio) would require a FCC filing, but that a same radio/different OS Treo 700P might be able to hide behind the 700W filing.

Anyone? (Oopps -- see nonobeez above.)

Cheers, Perry.
    yes and yes....

GSM radio makes it a different phone.

different OS also makes it a different phone... different screen remember. I think even a change in plastics requires a test.

Paint sometimes makes a difference in EMI shielding.

In that case, what is the shortest gap that we have ever seen between FCC filing and shipping?

EDIT: December 4th to January 5th on the W . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/24/2006 at 03:07 PM.
    if anything comes out in the next couple of weeks, it's a 700w CDMA or a non wireless (Wifi & BT & cell) pda...

BTW perry, I am just a messenger... Don't shoot!
    if anything comes out in the next couple of weeks, it's a 700w CDMA or a non wireless (Wifi & BT & cell) pda...

BTW perry, I am just a messenger... Don't shoot!

I'm good. One month before 5/28 is 4/28 -- the PPRParty ain't behind the 8 Ball yet!

BTW -- How did this thread get back on topic
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/24/2006 at 01:52 PM.
    One thing PALM better fix in the 700P is the lack of a standard streaming video solution. ORB does not yet have a way to play on the Treo and the Hot Slingplayer (the demos have been awesome) is only for Windows too. There are some solutions out there but the lack of a standard is a real problem and one of the areas where the Windows platform has a huge huge lead, IMO. The better screen in the 700P versus the 700W begs for better streaming video support then it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    BTW -- How did this thread get back on topic

The thread has covered every other topic under the sun. Sooner or later it had to eventually return..
    Gimme the P-Funk!