Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1527
  1. #581  
    I'm Orlando
  2. #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyteam
    Hey Guys !! been following you guys for awhile on the new Treo talked with sprint rep this morning cause I want to get a few Treo 700 for my business, and supposively the rep was reading me the info from her training sheet on the new Treo and again supposively if true it is actually a 700W it has ev-do and wifi 128mbs and it will be available to order on-line only the first week in April I gues will see but this is what I was told.

    Another noob that has been "following you guys for awhile", this sounds familiar.

    Quote Originally Posted by n4cer
    ...I am a daily observer but infrequent poster here at Treocentral. I have been following the hope of a new Palm based Treo for some time like the rest of you...
    and then there's this one...

    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    Hello All!!

    Newbe here. I was just wondering if you guys know exactly what the new 700 looks like. My friend said he just bought one and it is one sweet phone. He uses it on Cingular though and I thought it was suppose to come out on Sprint?

    He said he bought it from a relative and that it is one of the first ones. He let me take a picture of it but I don't think they came out that good. He did buy it without a battery door, whick I thought was kinda getto.

    Attached is a picture.
    and this one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    Hi!

    I have been a daily lurker here for quite some time...
    and this one...

    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    A couple of people I work with in the robotics world use the Palm Treo. I have tinkered with it and I am going to purchase a treo. All in all...I am a newbie, but I just can't make the descision between the 650 or the 700...
    Interesting.
  3. #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13
    Well one point of view you could take is that the W was added to ensure that the masses were aware this new Treo is WM and not Palm OS. There are a lot of uninformed masses out there that could potentially buy one and then return it because all of their old Palm OS apps wouldnt work. Trust me I believe it exists also but you have to look at some of the ads by Palm and Verizon where they state "Yes its a Palm, but it's also WM". So you could infer the W to mean WM. Not to flame you Perry, please dont revoke my invitation to the party.

    Eh, I don't know. The type of person that's going to not realize there's a difference between the Palm OS and Windows Mobile is not gonna realize this because of an added W to the name of the device.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  4. #584  
    and this one...


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dudley
    Hi!

    I have been a daily lurker here for quite some time...


    At least my post had no silly question, prediction, or "I heard" something from someone. I visit here (addicted) to be educated and entertained. I very much enjoy the banter, flamers, and the level headed posters. Side note: Why is the most level headed person here (Perry) the one in the padded room? I am looking forward to getting the 700p soon after it arrives. I will continue on the ride as long as it lasts - It has been fun so far..Slinky thread, Merlyn thread, IRC chat, etc....
  5. #585  
    What is it bad to be a newbie. I guess we all have to start sometime
  6. dtrain13's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Eh, I don't know. The type of person that's going to not realize there's a difference between the Palm OS and Windows Mobile is not gonna realize this because of an added W to the name of the device.
    True but all I was trying to point out was that Palm and Verizon used the W to distinguish this new Treo as WM because up until the 700W all Treos were all Palm OS and not to generally infer there would be a Treo 700P. (Even though it worked out that way )
  7. #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyteam
    What is it bad to be a newbie. I guess we all have to start sometime
    That has be be qualified: It's bad to be a newbie ...
    • In the Future Treos forums ...
    • During silly season ...
    • Especially this extended silly season ...
    • When a bunch of "lurking noobs" (long time listeners, first time callers) before you have been claiming to have word of the 700P announce date, only to have been proven wrong or highly suspect.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
  8. #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Go go back to the beginning of this thread and read the entire thread. By the time you reach the 13th page, you'll know all there is to know about the 700p and its release date.
    well!!! I must say this was very helpful…………

  9. #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by xout
    That has be be qualified: It's bad to be a newbie ...
    • When a bunch of "lurking noobs" (long time listeners, first time callers) before you have been claiming to have word of the 700P announce date, only to have been proven wrong or highly suspect.
    on behalf of lurkers everywhere.... i resent that

  10. #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyteam
    What is it bad to be a newbie. I guess we all have to start sometime
    Being a n00b is not necessarily bad. Being too lazy to search the forum or read through the postings (especially when a topic has been covered MANY times before) for yourself is. Most people do not mind helping AFTER someone has tried to help themself.
  11. #591  
    Here are the picts I promised, so you all stop your wining.

    I hope the satin brushed aluminum shows up good. I could not see it too well on my monitor.

    what do you think: Lowrider or Hollywood or 700x?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13
    True but all I was trying to point out was that Palm and Verizon used the W to distinguish this new Treo as WM because up until the 700W all Treos were all Palm OS and not to generally infer there would be a Treo 700P. (Even though it worked out that way )

    Hey dtrain13!!

    And my point is -- if there was no sister 700P(and thus the PalmOS was dead) -- they would have chosen a different way to communicate the fact that they had switched from the PalmOS. 700W screams the fact that there will be a 700P. If that was not to be the case -- and they had abandoned the PalmOS altogether -- they would have said so and said the PalmOS is dead, may it rest in peace, we are going this way. . . . . . . . , and then there would have been no need for a W designation. By the sheer fact that they went with a W and did not declare the PalmOS dead -- they "announced" the 700P in the very same breath. IMHO.

    Still like my point better, but I see your side of the equation.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/22/2006 at 06:06 AM.
  13. #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    Here are the picts I promised, so you all stop your wining.

    I hope the satin brushed aluminum shows up good. I could not see it too well on my monitor.

    what do you think: Lowrider or Hollywood or 700x?


    Hey adrnHo!!

    Can we get some screen shots? What number is the operating system? How much memory? What applications came stock? Their version numbers? You say Cingular; what kind of radio does it have? You have to realize, we are not going to bite on this until there is something more to chew on.

    Keep it comin' -- we are here.

    Cheers, Perry.
  14. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    what do you think: Lowrider or Hollywood or 700x?
    Looks like a painted T650 to me, all the buttons and connectors are in the same place and there's no logo's at the top
  15. #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Frankly, I would take the full shot of pictures and vitals and mail them thru 15 different intermediaries and foriegn countries to gharrod to have him pass them to TreoCentral under the cover of darkness. And I would play quietly with it in my PPR while TC discussed all the merits of the photoshop job that had been done.


    WOW, overnight I got 721,834 pm's with attached pictures of new "rumored" Treo's. Actually nearly half were from Bekktek with her pics of the new Treo with wifi which she was so excited about. I am happy to report the new Treo comaes packed in a little pink padded box that resembles the pick padded room. It now states on the box that "Palm has taken one-handed use to a new level and you can SMS with a straightjacket on." It comes with the new my-fi feature which allows you to network between your index finger and your keyboard. Palm refers to this as "the ultimate adhoc network." Turns out the code name for this product is the Treo Satire.

    And just for those of you who get to excited about this it will only be available on April 1st with a 7 year contract on an additional line of service.

    Oh, and by the way satire is allowed isn't it?
  16. #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I can almost imagine the party...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=575


    LOL



    'Cept, must be the wrong room. . . . . . the attendant is not wearing the nordic horns coat rack.

  17. #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    and this one...


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dudley
    Hi!

    I have been a daily lurker here for quite some time...


    At least my post had no silly question, prediction, or "I heard" something from someone. I visit here (addicted) to be educated and entertained. I very much enjoy the banter, flamers, and the level headed posters. Side note: Why is the most level headed person here (Perry) the one in the padded room? I am looking forward to getting the 700p soon after it arrives. I will continue on the ride as long as it lasts - It has been fun so far..Slinky thread, Merlyn thread, IRC chat, etc....

    Hi Dudley!

    LOL

    We are all level headed here in the PPR. It has to be so! Even my 6 other personalities agree!







    WELCOME TO ALL! I lurked all throughout the build up to the Treo 650 in the Fall of 04, joined December 2004, and bought my Treo 650 Jan 10, 2005.

    We are all level headed here -- some just show their softer side more often. I'm still a noob -- the knowledge around here is awesome.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/22/2006 at 07:24 AM.
  18. #598  
    Beware of the lurkers: Lurker here... I want to believe that this is a new phone, but in fact with the same form factor, it would be a let down... better have something more to offer under the hood.
    Every program has (at least) two purposes: the one for which it was written and another for which it wasn't. Alan J. Perlis

    I have been a PDA/Smartphone (Palm Pilot 1000) owner since the palm us robotics days and have been waiting for convergence until the Treo 650 delivered on the promise. Now I am patiently waiting on the next generation to put a deposit in the bank. Gawd knows I put alot of coin in Palm's coffers.
  19. #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    Here are the picts I promised, so you all stop your wining.

    I hope the satin brushed aluminum shows up good. I could not see it too well on my monitor.

    what do you think: Lowrider or Hollywood or 700x?
    Gotta call BS...THAT IS A PAINTED 650
  20. #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by williamh1104
    Beware of the lurkers: Lurker here... I want to believe that this is a new phone, but in fact with the same form factor, it would be a let down... better have something more to offer under the hood.
    Hey William!

    700P or the blue photos?


    If 700P: EV-DO, more memory, 1.3mp camera, >2gb sd card slot, better bluetooth fills up my engine compartment!

    If the Blue Pics -- not enough data yet to determine what it is.

    Cheers, Perry

Posting Permissions