Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
    Ok so I stopped reading posts on page 12 of this thread, and by the way KStewart, that's quite an *** you have in your avatar there....dang, it slapped me in the face.

It's so cute how excited ya'll get about new Treos.. First, can someone please explain to me WHY THE HELL we'd want WiFi when we'd have EVDO? I don't get it - I don't have a use for WiFi NOW, with plain ol' Vision.. not sure why we'd need or want it once we have EVDO.

Second - has Sprint ever been reliable on a release date? If they say end of May, shouldn't we not expect much until oh...say... August? :-)

I don't know how much of an upgrade it really is, but I've had my Treo for over a year, so I'd upgrade.. I'm not crazy about WM without push email (even though I'm just a mom I LOVE my push email)

I know I will wait a little bit longer than I did buying my 650.. I pretty much got it the moment it came out.

Bek
    Rebecca! What brings you out to these parts??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Ok so I stopped reading posts on page 12 of this thread, and by the way KStewart, that's quite an *** you have in your avatar there....dang, it slapped me in the face.

It's so cute how excited ya'll get about new Treos.. First, can someone please explain to me WHY THE HELL we'd want WiFi when we'd have EVDO? I don't get it - I don't have a use for WiFi NOW, with plain ol' Vision.. not sure why we'd need or want it once we have EVDO.

Second - has Sprint ever been reliable on a release date? If they say end of May, shouldn't we not expect much until oh...say... August? :-)

I don't know how much of an upgrade it really is, but I've had my Treo for over a year, so I'd upgrade.. I'm not crazy about WM without push email (even though I'm just a mom I LOVE my push email)

I know I will wait a little bit longer than I did buying my 650.. I pretty much got it the moment it came out.

Bek
    I wish it would slap me in the face...anyways, I agree with you Bek about WiFi... I have no use for it myself while using vision. I am partial to the geek thing and making things more dificult than they need to be because I need to feel accomplished or I am bored. Just as I am not so picky about everything when it comes to what the treo's have to offer...for goodness sake, they aren't fool blown powerhouse computers and people want to personalize them and utilize them like they are. My phone helps me in my job and planning, thats it. Most of my power use in my profesion and life come from my beastly notebook computer, and a PDA is just like a side shooter. My notebooks usually not far from me anyways, and my notebook is WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by handquake
    Hey Perry been watchin your posts for a 5 or 6 months (not sure how that should make you feel) but in the face of some of the most HOSTILE (and this forum CAN be hostile: YEAH, waiting for my I am Slinky post) critics OF EVERYTHING (Experts in photo shop, palm marketing strategies, smartphone release dates, picture editing, Palm software and Palm Button Configuration you remain strong! YTFM You The F*****n Man. $600 for an EVDO Radio and more memory is it worth it? You Betcha! (Oh Yeah and PTUNES) Just want to give you major love for all the positive you"ve given.I will be at the PPR party and I'm bringing the Grey Goose.
    Thanks Handquake!

Someone had to play the demented, lunatic, raving in the widerness role. Although, I never dreamed it would turn into an almost 7 month gig.. . . . . . . . Don't forget the Nordic Attire, circa 1250AD!

Cheers, Perry.
    Ok, I'll be the one. Hi hSaLnIdNqKuYake, we figured it would be a little harder to spot you then this. Or are you Son of Slinky?

Munk, I trust has something up his banana peel so I also will not comment on the claim anymore of May 28th. If, come June1, 2006, this is not announced and available I will come back and say...I told you so. If it is released, I may be in line for one myself.

Bekktek, it is good to see you back here. I also once wondered why wifi was a good thing with EVDO. Now after having wifi on my phone I understand why. First, I can get onto my own home network or a local Starbucks and that is faster then EVDO. Second is EVDO is not available everywhere. I am in rural Louisiana tonight and EVDO is nowhere to be found but my hotel has wifi. Third reason I just considered while on a plane today was the possibility of making my Sprint phone useful in foreign lands using a softphone application and avoiding having to make calls at a high per minute rate on a rented cell phone. There are definite reasons why wifi is needed.
    is that circa 1250 or circus 1250 Perry? Not sure they had viking clowns...
    She used the "A" word. Say it ain't so!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ok, I'll be the one. Hi hSaLnIdNqKuYake, we figured it would be a little harder to spot you then this. Or are you Son of Slinky?

Munk, I trust has something up his banana peel so I also will not comment on the claim anymore of May 28th. If, come June1, 2006, this is not announced and available I will come back and say...I told you so. If it is released, I may be in line for one myself.

Bekktek, it is good to see you back here. I also once wondered why wifi was a good thing with EVDO. Now after having wifi on my phone I understand why. First, I can get onto my own home network or a local Starbucks and that is faster then EVDO. Second is EVDO is not available everywhere. I am in rural Louisiana tonight and EVDO is nowhere to be found but my hotel has wifi. Third reason I just considered while on a plane today was the possibility of making my Sprint phone useful in foreign lands using a softphone application and avoiding having to make calls at a high per minute rate on a rented cell phone. There are definite reasons why wifi is needed.
    Those reasons may apply to you and others, but not Bek and I. I don't travel and I am at work or home and EVDO is like the force around me at work and at home. I go to Germany when needed for my job, but beyond that I don't need WiFi, but I can see where it might be needed when it comes to available EVDO and preferable data rate.

snip

Hey Munk! I guess being the raving lunatic in the wilderness had it's price. I state that the doc is legit for reasons I will not divulge and I get the pat on the head and take that babble back to the PPR. You speak -- and the world listens. What's up with that?

You got the power man! The Munk Rules!!
    Poor n4cer, Palm must have Merlyn-ed him.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry, sorry, the day for me started before 4 am and been on flights and meetings before ending up in cajun land. I missed your stating the legitimacy of the doc. I was waiting for you to report on your visit to a Sprint store. Second reason is I heard on CNN tonight there is an outbreak of Monkey-Flu and they expect a pandemic (and what the hell is a pandemic anyway?) and I was just being nice to the Munk.

Like you, I've been digging around too.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Kstewart, I never said my reasons applied to you. What most normal people would understand is that Palm/MS/Del/Compaq/Apple/Sony...you name it has to market to the masses and that means more then just you or I or Bekktek. I was just stating my agreement with her initially (which I had stated several times in the forums over the last 2 years) and how once I had it I felt it had much greater value then I ever anticipated. I never stated you had to agree with me or that my reasons were to influence you. Why should that be reason for you to tweak me over my statement?
    Kstewart, I never said my reasons applied to you. What most normal people would understand is that Palm/MS/Del/Compaq/Apple/Sony...you name it has to market to the masses and that means more then just you or I or Bekktek. I was just stating my agreement with her initially (which I had stated several times in the forums over the last 2 years) and how once I had it I felt it had much greater value then I ever anticipated. I never stated you had to agree with me or that my reasons were to influence you. Why should that be reason for you to tweak me over my statement?
    No prob...its all good...the masses, a definite
    Seems awfully funny that over the last 5 or so days there have been 4 new posters who have focused on this thread and seem to know a lot for being new. They also say very similar things and preface their initial statements by saying they know they will be compared to someone but that they are not that person. At least a couple of these have recent join dates.

Pair that with n4cer not posting since 3/17 (the same day he started this thread) and I think it is pretty easy to discern something is just not right here.
    Seems awfully funny that over the last 5 or so days there have been 4 new posters who have focused on this thread and seem to know a lot for being new. They also say very similar things and preface their initial statements by saying they know they will be compared to someone but that they are not that person. At least a couple of these have recent join dates.

Pair that with n4cer not posting since 3/17 (the same day he started this thread) and I think it is pretty easy to discern something is just not right here.
    I would agree with that. There are accuracies, and oddities in this thread. I briefly thought n4cer might even be a Sprint employee himself, who just couldn't contain himself any longer. (As I said earlier, I can't believe a rep. would just give him that memo)

The other guy, who pops in for five minutes with his Blue Treo pix...that one has got my interest right now.

If it is legit it is for the European phone they plan to release without an external antenna or maybe for the GSM market. Most likely it is something that was an offcast prototype casing which was used for testing purposes and nothing other then that which is why I think there were no front pics and then he/she disappeared.

I do not believe n4cer is a Sprint employee because in other threads he claimed he was not even in a Sprint service area which has me asking why he was in a Sprint store in the first place. His story just does not add up. He is supposedly in some sort of criminal technology job and lives in MI. He is a big fan of a certain kind of car also. It is pretty easy to figure some of this out. The truth is what has escaped us so far...May 28 we shall know.
    my sources support the date also
    Here's a scenario....my county is building a county wide WiFi network.....so no matter where I would travel within my county (eastern 3/4 of Long Island 1.7 million peeps), I'd pretty much not burn data usage thereby getting me off an unlimited and onto a pay as you go plan. I use data when I need not as entertainment so my usage is rather small so neither really gets me that excited ATM. Of course at HSDPA speeds, it starts to get more attractive,
    My question in... will the screen step up from the 650, or will it suck like the 700w? As far as WiFi... not everyone will have the phone on an EVDO network... and isn't WiFi FREE in some spots... is EVDO EVER free?
    Looking closely at those photos of the blue, antennae-less Treo, I find it very curious that, in all other aspects, the photo exactly -- exactly -- matches the back side of my 650.

Palm has never produced two Treo models so close in design (700w and 700p notwithstanding).

Final verdict for me: This is a fake.