Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
    I agree with you on what the n4cer document looks like, I would not base my statement on that.

The doc is legit. Silly Season is over. Join me for the Coming Out Party at the PPR on 5/28.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/20/2006 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Be there or be square.
    I'm in.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I agree with you on what the n4cer document looks like, I would not base my statement on that.

The doc is legit. Sill Season is over. Join me for the Coming Out Party at the PPR on 5/28.

Cheers, Perry.
    The actual picture of the 700p means more to me Perry, but it doesn't really matter. What matters is that we will be surfing the web via EVDO and not missing any phone calls. You really do deserve to be the first person who has a 700p as you have kept the faith, no matter how grim things have looked. And for awhile, the 700p was a figment of your healthy, active imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I'm sorry Perry, but those damn pics are photoshopped!

How could you fall for that???
    Hey Doom!

Oopps, at first I thought you were about the n4cer document. Anyway, as far as the blue no-antenna pics -- you need to read farther in that thread.

1. I give every poster the benefit of the doubt. I assmue they are here in a sincere and constructive way.

2. They posted -- I was trying to gain more information for the entire TC community, so that we could judge it more fairly.

3. I was willing to look stupid -- to give them the opportunity to clarify what they were trying to communicate, if they were sincere.

I have and will continue to err on that side of the equation.

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey Perry been watchin your posts for a 5 or 6 months (not sure how that should make you feel) but in the face of some of the most HOSTILE (and this forum CAN be hostile: YEAH, waiting for my I am Slinky post) critics OF EVERYTHING (Experts in photo shop, palm marketing strategies, smartphone release dates, picture editing, Palm software and Palm Button Configuration you remain strong! YTFM You The F*****n Man. $600 for an EVDO Radio and more memory is it worth it? You Betcha! (Oh Yeah and PTUNES) Just want to give you major love for all the positive you"ve given.I will be at the PPR party and I'm bringing the Grey Goose.
    "Cable Modem? DSL? click http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7346966394232063929 to understand quake "
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I'm sorry Perry, but those damn pics are photoshopped!

How could you fall for that???
    For what it's worth I just went into the Sprint store and asked the CSR (as he was replacing my 650) "So when's the next Treo coming out?" He replied that they just got a sheet about it and described some the details from n4cer's document including the 128MB of memory. I'm sure you could fake that document but I don't think n4cer has the time to call a bunch of Sprint stores and get the CSR's to go along with this kind of prank. Maybe we should start a confirmation thread and see how many people can get Sprint CSR's to acknowledge it?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    For what it's worth I just went into the Sprint store and asked the CSR (as he was replacing my 650) "So when's the next Treo coming out?" He replied that they just got a sheet about it and described some the details from n4cer's document including the 128MB of memory. I'm sure you could fake that document but I don't think n4cer has the time to call a bunch of Sprint stores and get the CSR's to go along with this kind of prank. Maybe we should start a confirmation thread and see how many people can get Sprint CSR's to acknowledge it?
    The scanned image is legit. I had my typical doubts, but I now know it to be real. I just can't believe an in-store Rep. was stooopid enough to actually scan the thing.

The three images of the antenna-less Treo are still a puzzle to me. However, don't be surprised to see different colors offered. But without seeing the business end of that Treo, I have no idea what it is, other than a shell. If it's a Photoshop job, it's pretty damn well done.

Now, I think I will bow out of any further speculation talk. Just be patient.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The scanned image is legit. I had my typical doubts, but I now know it to be real. I just can't believe an in-store Rep. was stooopid enough to actually scan the thing.

Oh man you obviously have much smarter in-store Rep's then the ones here in the Bay Area because all the ones I've dealt with know absolutely nothing about anything!
    Hey MUNK, That was kind of strange??? The scanned image is legit??? NO reason why you know it. The evidence on this post what you needed??? Well you've always been such a trusting soul HAHAHA. Sorry but...(I Know I Know slinky)
    "Cable Modem? DSL? click http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7346966394232063929 to understand quake "
    Quote Originally Posted by handquake
    Hey MUNK, That was kind of strange??? The scanned image is legit??? NO reason why you know it. The evidence on this post what you needed??? Well you've always been such a trusting soul HAHAHA. Sorry but...(I Know I Know slinky)
    I know, and it's totally fair to say that, given my normal skeptical nature. I've been biting my tongue, since I expect to get the same treatment that Slinky and others got. (Well, Slink admitted he was a liar, so in his case, it's deserving.)

As FoxNews is fond of saying, "We report, you decide." I stand by the people I talk to, and also know the sensitivity involved when you talk to these people. I'm not going to jeopardize anyones job by getting into who or what I have or have not heard or seen recently to change my mind. And if you ask, I won't answer.

You're free to believe or doubt what I've said. But I think you'd admit, for me to actually come out and say I am convinced that something is real, is nothing short of miraculous.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just be at the party. 5/28/06
    Nordic Attire, circa 1250AD.

Cheers, Perry
    So Munk, youre saying that you firmly belive the 700p will be released by Sprint in May with the quoted specs?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Crap and this is no small thing! Munks on board! Me too! (though I am nobody). Perry your PPR release party may include MUNK! WOW THE HOUSE MAY BE CROWDED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    So Munk, youre saying that you firmly belive the 700p will be released by Sprint in May with the quoted specs?
    It is a "targeted" date, so I'm not going to say to grab your sleeping bags and camp out on 5/27 in front of your local Sprint store...yet.

But yes, I've come around. It will be released by Sprint in the near future, and it does have those specs. That is a genuine memo.

Keep in mind, I'm only speaking of this particular version. There is another thread referring to the 700i being released w/WM5, as well as. But I'm shooting blanks on that one so far.

yeah Im not trying to pin you down, I just wanted to get some munk clarity.

hence the ubiquitious yet subtly direct nature of my question.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Fear The Munk! And now he's on board. 5 posts and I know what THAT means. MUNK the man. Shadow Confirms, Perry dreams (with me), and your wish and mine comes true.
    WELL only 8000 posts and we are supposed to believe yor post. Allright.... me with my 6 or 7 MAY just give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Nobody needs to have faith...nobody needs to dream, no need to pray, no need to ponder. The 700p is coming. Its just not coming the way we like.
    Quote Originally Posted by handquake
    WELL only 8000 posts and we are supposed to believe yor post. Allright.... me with my 6 or 7 MAY just give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Never go by post counts, especially in my case. That just means I can't STFU. (or rather STMU)

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Never go by post counts, especially in my case. That just means I can't STFU. (or rather STMU)
    I agree when it comes to post counts...I have to have time for a life and keeping my old lady satisfied in all dimentions, and last but not least work.