Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    That sounds unlikely. Do you have a link?

Surur
    Hi Surur!

If I have some time today, I will try to dig it up, I only read TreoCentral, so the reference or link had to be provided here. Maybe I was having a drug induced vision in the PPR.

Well. . . . . . . . . . . ., what you posted in post #421 above says at least one more WM5 is coming out (Hollywood?) and we know the 700P is PalmOS -- so the only question would then be Lowrider.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/20/2006 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Don't be paranoid. I am not a power user or major geek. I am a profesional in programming that palm offers aid and planning to my daily life and my job. I am a well ballenced equation...part geek+I like girls+jock= balance. As I have said, its a matter of time. Sprint likes to play the hush hush. Remember the Blade was rumors, then pics with the new sprint logo. As far as the 700p...we have surpassed rummors and now pics with the new sprint logo...don't listen to the boys at Bear Stearns or anyone else...we are all a slave to sprints marketing tactics along side with Palms bent persona. The 700w was forcasted well with concrete info up until its release with Verizon, but that is how verizon handles business...Verizon has a different marketing structure...for goodness sake...i can't watch tv without seeing a verizon commericial pushing their network, EVDO, and their new business approach...especially with wireless capablities integrated into Laveno notebooks. I don't see to many Sprint/Nextel commericials or powerhouse marketing and sprint has EVDO also, matter of fact they were going to launch it before verizon, but the merger of Nextel has slowed things for a while now. All in all...you won't know till the last moment with Sprint. Sprint not to long ago spent a couple of more billion dallars aquiring Nextel partners to gain more control which means IDEN in the future will definitely be vanishing IMO...all while Verizon buys time marketing and beating sprint to the treo 700w while sprint spends money and grows, or was that Sprint being smart and just sitting back and wathing while awaiting the 700p, when sprint starts whooping Verizon again after all of the investing.
    Verizon did not have to worry about jeopardizing 650 sales with the 700w - Palm always insisted they were meant for different audiences. The 700p would make Sprint's 650 obsolete.

And I don't know where you've been looking if you haven't seen Sprint touting their EV-DO network. At least in NYC it's been on a few times. Yes, Verizon has more ads, but Sprint is not non-existent. As far as I care, Verizon could be offering dial-up TDMA with that rediculous pricing - it's not even an option.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Perry,

Ed C. did say something about not abandoning the faithful, and they would be introducing new Palm devices. If I remember correctly he was, and never is, too specific about future plans.

I too believe!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I noticed in the closed Specs thread it has "On Demand" which for those that don't know it's a GPS application. It works a little different then ordinary GPS apps as it will find where you are and you can type in a address and it gives you directions and maps but it won't follow you. It also has a directory and business locator. It's works pretty well and is free for the first month then $1.49 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    got off 3 pictures untill my camera died. I will take better pictures tomorrow.
    Okay - so where are the "better pictures?"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Still on the town and at the bar?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Spoke to a Palm exec I casually know recently who had been involved in the internal discussion/attempt to bring wifi drivers to the 650 -- despite my metaphorical thumbs around his adams apple he was adamant that there would be no wifi drivers written by them for the POS. As has been written about here many times previously this is because of the difficuly of gracefully integrating the various telephony, wifi, edge etc "radios" within the POS stack

I asked why not provide for a manual user activated option -- and he just waved me off with a "aint goin happen..."
    Hey Barye, long time no post. Where ya been hiding?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    COMING OUT PARTY

WHO: All Sprint Treo Owners and Wannabees
    WHEN: May 28th, 2006
    WHERE: Perry's PPR (Pink Padded Room)
    BRING: Your Treo 700P and stories to share.
    ATTIRE: Nordic, circa 1250 A.D.

Be there or be square.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Hey Barye, long time no post. Where ya been hiding?

ah Cardio -- thanks for noticing ...

I was mostly in Cambodia, but I've been back to the US for about a month or so now.

(perhaps I'll begin some random impressions thread in OT about my travels...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    <merged>
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    ah Cardio -- thanks for noticing ...

I was mostly in Cambodia, but I've been back to the US for about a month or so now.

(perhaps I'll begin some random impressions thread in OT about my travels...)
    Hey, it has been quite around here without you. A few others have tried to fill your shoes but for the most part they have not lived up to your reputation, they just get mad and throw out attempts at insults instead of debate.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Hey, it has been quite around here without you. A few others have tried to fill your shoes but for the most part they have not lived up to your reputation, they just get mad and throw out attempts at insults instead of debate.

phew -- you're much too generous --

(and I'm still burnt out and busy catching back up with the life left behind...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Be there or be square.
    count me in... although i feel my attire will fall closer to 1300 AD

D:
    Be there or be square.
    Thanks for the invitation Perry. I'll be there!
    - Jeeman
    I honestly hope that the Hollywood (the one without antenna) comes with an audio jack in place of the antenna... But I would guess not.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    HEY!!! I resemble that remark...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Okay - so where are the "better pictures?"
    Great question. Perhaps adrnHo is none other than n4cer trying to keep this pathetic thread going - the sad thing is I'm helping him.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Great question. Perhaps adrnHo is none other than n4cer trying to keep this pathetic thread going - the sad thing is I'm helping him.

Just to interject --- you will find out in time that n4cer's document was the real deal. Now, I agree whole heartedly with you on the hit and run pics on the blue no-knob. We definitely need something more on that.

Cheers, Perry
    What else do you remember? For those of you just joining the pics are here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=374

I'm sorry Perry, but those damn pics are photoshopped!

How could you fall for that???
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Always so gloomy Dr. Doom

Well lighten up the 1src.com picture looks like the real deal to me.

http://www.1src.com/headlines/show/001484.html

Perry is out of the PPR for a reason...we'll have our 700p's shortly for sure