Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1527
  1. #421  
    My point exactly geatches, but if I say it directly it gets shouted down. It is sometimes easier to let others connect the dots. Mods can the IP addresses be checked?
  2. #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    My point exactly geatches, but if I say it directly it gets shouted down. It is sometimes easier to let others connect the dots. Mods can the IP addresses be checked?
    Great idea, can the mods please check the IP addresses?
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ok, I admit I am paranoid but that doesn't mean they are not out to get me.

    adrnHo, KStewart and Onceuponanoob are all recent joins to the forums and I find it amazing that they are so in tune to the release of Palm products. KStewart for instance has posted all his posts in the last 48 hours.

    Why do I think one or more of these may be just here to stir the pot...
    Don't be paranoid. I am not a power user or major geek. I am a profesional in programming that palm offers aid and planning to my daily life and my job. I am a well ballenced equation...part geek+I like girls+jock= balance. As I have said, its a matter of time. Sprint likes to play the hush hush. Remember the Blade was rumors, then pics with the new sprint logo. As far as the 700p...we have surpassed rummors and now pics with the new sprint logo...don't listen to the boys at Bear Stearns or anyone else...we are all a slave to sprints marketing tactics along side with Palms bent persona. The 700w was forcasted well with concrete info up until its release with Verizon, but that is how verizon handles business...Verizon has a different marketing structure...for goodness sake...i can't watch tv without seeing a verizon commericial pushing their network, EVDO, and their new business approach...especially with wireless capablities integrated into Laveno notebooks. I don't see to many Sprint/Nextel commericials or powerhouse marketing and sprint has EVDO also, matter of fact they were going to launch it before verizon, but the merger of Nextel has slowed things for a while now. All in all...you won't know till the last moment with Sprint. Sprint not to long ago spent a couple of more billion dallars aquiring Nextel partners to gain more control which means IDEN in the future will definitely be vanishing IMO...all while Verizon buys time marketing and beating sprint to the treo 700w while sprint spends money and grows, or was that Sprint being smart and just sitting back and wathing while awaiting the 700p, when sprint starts whooping Verizon again after all of the investing.
  4. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    ...all while Verizon buys time marketing and beating sprint to the treo 700w while sprint spends money and grows, or was that Sprint being smart and just sitting back and wathing while awaiting the 700p, when sprint starts whooping Verizon again after all of the investing.
    I'd like to think the latter, as I'm not a fan of any company that gouges their customers for a simple data plan. Besides, like many on this forum, I'm with Sprint
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Hell, if he can you can Miss Lady Dont let TC hold ya back, express yo self
    We'll see.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    And they all say the same thing, "I haven't posted much but I've been a long time lurker"... Please stop the madness, ignore these mother fakers and they might go away.

    That's onceuponan00b (zeros on the n00b, not "o"s), thank you very much!

    And I never said I was a long time lurker. In fact, I was a very short time lurker. I wasn't even around for the slinky thing. I know nothing more about any release than any of you do. Nothing to be paranoid about. You can't blame me for actually posting after I join.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrnHo
    got off 3 pictures untill my camera died. I will take better pictures tomorrow.

    Okay...no antenna stub, sim chip slot...that has got to be the Treo hollywood...

    Now the real question is whether this is running WM of PalmOS...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Okay...no antenna stub, sim chip slot...that has got to be the Treo hollywood...

    Now the real question is whether this is running WM of PalmOS...

    If I had to take a guess, I would say PalmOS. I don't think Palm would be bold enough to have another companies operating system on their top-of-the-line product. If Hollywood is supposed to be their high-end Treo smartphone, you would think they would want to have it running their own operating system. If they are truely going to release a palm version of the 700, then that means they haven't fully embraced WM, and are more likely just offering an alternative for WM users and testing the waters, so to speak, for possible future phones (which would be well into the future). That's just my 2 cents.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  9. #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    If I had to take a guess, I would say PalmOS. I don't think Palm would be bold enough to have another companies operating system on their top-of-the-line product. If Hollywood is supposed to be their high-end Treo smartphone, you would think they would want to have it running their own operating system. If they are truely going to release a palm version of the 700, then that means they haven't fully embraced WM, and are more likely just offering an alternative for WM users and testing the waters, so to speak, for possible future phones (which would be well into the future). That's just my 2 cents.
    Hmmm...few things wrong with your assumptions...

    First, it isn't "their" operating system. They just lisence it from Access PalmSource like everyone else. Second, it has already been widely reported previously via quotes directly from Palm execs that they were focusing on using WM for the European market which logically would be a gsm Treo device. Thus it has been widely assume around here that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM Treo...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm...few things wrong with your assumptions...

    First, it isn't "their" operating system. They just lisence it from Access PalmSource like everyone else. Second, it has already been widely reported previously via quotes directly from Palm execs that they were focusing on using WM for the European market which logically would be a gsm Treo device. Thus it has been widely assume around here that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM Treo...
    poster mentioned it was a POS phone. I thought the lowrider was the WM5 phone?
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  11. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm...few things wrong with your assumptions...

    First, it isn't "their" operating system. They just lisence it from Access PalmSource like everyone else. Second, it has already been widely reported previously via quotes directly from Palm execs that they were focusing on using WM for the European market which logically would be a gsm Treo device. Thus it has been widely assume around here that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM Treo...

    I know that they license it. What I meant was, it was made for Palm devices. You said it has been assumed that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM treo. Therefore, it's no more valid than what I said. Even if it comes from statements from the Palm executives, they didn't specifically name any devices, so it's all speculation. I didn't deny that the device might have WM, I just put my 2 cents in there. There's no point arguing it, though, since we won't know until it's released what the specs will be.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  12. #432  
    Ahh...the friendly banter of speculation...
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  13. #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I know that they license it. What I meant was, it was made for Palm devices. You said it has been assumed that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM treo. Therefore, it's no more valid than what I said. Even if it comes from statements from the Palm executives...

    UMM...OK...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    If Palm has any mercy, they'll put us out of our misery in a couple of weeks. It's getting closer and closer to the supposed announce or release date. All the speculation and/or leaks(or whatever) seem to say April-June for something. If nothing ends up being ready in that time period, I would say Palm is running behind and in that case, it may never catch up.

    I really think we tend to write P1's obituary too quickly. They've been around a number of years, have released good products, has a customer fan base that's unparalleled as far as I can tell, and shown at least some moderate marketing skills. I for one think the 700p will come shortly, and like the 650, will blow it's competition out of the water. I'm guessing most everyone here griping about the timing will try to justify buying one before the week of introduction is over.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  15. #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    And they all say the same thing, "I haven't posted much but I've been a long time lurker"... Please stop the madness, ignore these mother fakers and they might go away.
    Good gawd, finally some sanity in this thread!!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  16. #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I really think we tend to write P1's obituary too quickly. They've been around a number of years, have released good products, has a customer fan base that's unparalleled as far as I can tell, and shown at least some moderate marketing skills. I for one think the 700p will come shortly, and like the 650, will blow it's competition out of the water. I'm guessing most everyone here griping about the timing will try to justify buying one before the week of introduction is over.
    But now we're still on the same old OS and basically the same features. I'm no longer in that big of a hurry, just tired of all the constant rumors. Are they going to release something or not? But even if the 700p does comes out, I think I'll wait until I can sell the 650, unless there's something revolutionary on it. I probably need to wait anyway, GSM usually comes out later.

    But I read a rumor that LifeDrive 2 might be coming out in the spring. If so, maybe I'll get that to tide me over.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I know that they license it. What I meant was, it was made for Palm devices. You said it has been assumed that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM treo. Therefore, it's no more valid than what I said. Even if it comes from statements from the Palm executives, they didn't specifically name any devices, so it's all speculation. I didn't deny that the device might have WM, I just put my 2 cents in there. There's no point arguing it, though, since we won't know until it's released what the specs will be.
    This bears repeating.

    For those who have not been paying attention, the most recent mention of Palm's road map for 2006 was at the RBS conference in March 2, 2006.

    Here's a short transcript of the relevant part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Wirt
    So we said we had 4 product, the first one is the Treo 700w. We also said we would do a UMTS Windows Mobile product in the second half of this year and we indicated we would be looking at additional price points in the market place. We did not collate that to a specific product or a specific time. We did not say anything about what might be considered a 4th product, but, er, you should not take that as anything other than our strategy in announcements to try and announce very close to the launch date and have it available very shortly there after.
    http://www.wsw.com/webcast/rbc47/palm/ (around 30:38 min)

    Just the relevant clip: PalmSVPMarketting.wma (86 kb)

    The relevant bits from there:
    "4 products" - Yes, 4. The people who say the Treo 700p does not exist need to explain what else these 4 products could be.
    1 - "Treo 700w"
    2 - "UMTS WM product" (presumably hollywood)
    3- "additional price points" - probably GSM POS Lowrider
    4- "what might be considered a 4th product" - presumably the Treo 700p, identical to the 700w, so "might" only be considered a 4th product.

    "try and announce very close to the launch date and have it available very shortly there after." - they are not going to announce this a month ahead of time. They are going to try and pull an Apple and announce it today, and sell it tomorrow. As such it will catch people by surprise, but keeping an eye on major conferences where top executives appear etc will probably give people the best clue as to when these devices will ship.
    This 160x160 antennaless POS device is obviously (if its real) the Lowrider.

    Surur
  18. #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650
    Ahh...the friendly banter of speculation...

    And that's ALL it is...No need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm...few things wrong with your assumptions...

    First, it isn't "their" operating system. They just lisence it from Access PalmSource like everyone else. Second, it has already been widely reported previously via quotes directly from Palm execs that they were focusing on using WM for the European market which logically would be a gsm Treo device. Thus it has been widely assume around here that the Hollywood would be an antennaless, thinner WM Treo...

    Did I dream reading where Ed C. said that they were releasing 4 phones in 2006 and that ONE of them would have the PalmOS to provide something to that loyal following while they try to get Palm/Linux up and running. (Which will be early 2008 by another statement made at another time.)

    It was my assumption from this -- that 700W and, therefore, Hollywood and Lowrider would be WM5.




    Cheers, Perry.
  20. #440  
    That sounds unlikely. Do you have a link?

    Surur

Posting Permissions