Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    I for one am glad to see a green button and a phone button. I cant tell you how many times I have hit the phone button to go that app and accidently answer a call I have been avoiding all day. I hope the phone button will only bring you to that interface while you will actually have to hit the green button to answer a call.
    It doesn't look like an engineer sample.

Will Palm even bother to announce it?
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I for one am glad to see a green button and a phone button. I cant tell you how many times I have hit the phone button to go that app and accidently answer a call I have been avoiding all day. I hope the phone button will only bring you to that interface while you will actually have to hit the green button to answer a call.
    That may simplify some things and I for one will be glad to try it rather than the two-step process to get to the contacts info.

What I'd like to see is what someone posted a while back--split those green and red buttons in two. Then the home and menu buttons could be on the "inner two" of that row, which would free up another app button on the lower row! And, if they keep using the same hardware for both Palm OS/ALP and WinMob, then that'll provide 2 programmable buttons for WinMob. I think the challenge here is in the visual design--from what I've read and heard, a non-techie/non-smartphone user sees a Treo and goes into "button overload" from being used to a phone with just a dial pad rather than a keyboard. If they work it right, though, Palm's design crew could add those two buttons without it being any more overwhelming than the current Treo look. I'd make the send and end buttons a little bigger than the home and menu ones, too, if I were doing it.

Whether or not we see that in the next round of Treo models... who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    SPRINT TREO 700p PICTURE

Who will be first to get it?

Hopefully Sprint will get the 700p. Even though my contract is coming up...I refuse to go with Verizon. I can't stand Verizon. Sprint has better plans and Sprints starting basic $15.00 for data beats Verizon's 45 bucks. I was with Verizon and haited waiting until Friday at 12:00 midnight for my free weekends to start, and the weekend F_!$#!@$#@ ended on Sunday at 12:00 midnight...what type of weekend is that. Free after 9:00 pm durring the week ending at 6:00 A.M..WTF. I went with Sprint with a matching plan in minutes as I did on Verizon, and I am free during the week after 7:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M...Way better. My weekends with Sprint start at 7:00 P.M Friday night thru 7:00 A.M. Monday morning...now thats a full weekend compared to verizon. Including the fare and flexible plan with Sprint, so I pay only $10.00 for every 100 minutes over my anytime...My wife blew our minutes by 300 and it was only $30 bucks extra on my bill...with Verizon, I would have paid over $100 bucks...easy math All of this and my bill is just within a couple of bucks with the equivelant verizon plan, and you get so much more with Sprint. Can you hear me now is there only market...who cares. The only reason Verizon has a good network is the compilation of inconsistant technologies of towers old and new from the three companies that make verizon up...most of the time I was analog frying my noodle. Sprint built their all fiber optic digital network from the ground up with Sprint being the only entity...hense the drop call problem they have had in the past, but Sprints network has gotten alot better as they grow and will keep improving. In my area my sprint coverage rocks...Sprints got to stop screwing around and get the 700p...Maybe the money soaked in Nextel has put them behind for now letting Verizon capatalize on everything from opening the EVDO market first until now. Before aquiring Nextel Sprint had the best phones, and were the first ones on the block with innovation. I could be wrong but I think Sprint had the Treo first when it came out...VENTING...AHHHH. Sprint bring it full circle. Oh yeah, Sprint customer service does suck in a big way
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Hopefully Sprint will get the 700p. Even though my contract is coming up...I refuse to go with Verizon. I can't stand Verizon. Sprint has better plans and Sprints starting basic $15.00 for data beats Verizon's 45 bucks. I was with Verizon and haited waiting until Friday at 12:00 midnight for my free weekends to start, and the weekend F_!$#!@$#@ ended on Sunday at 12:00 midnight...what type of weekend is that. Free after 9:00 pm durring the week ending at 6:00 A.M..WTF. I went with Sprint with a matching plan in minutes as I did on Verizon, and I am free during the week after 7:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M...Way better. My weekends with Sprint start at 7:00 P.M Friday night thru 7:00 A.M. Monday morning...now thats a full weekend compared to verizon. Including the fare and flexible plan with Sprint, so I pay only $10.00 for every 100 minutes over my anytime...My wife blew our minutes by 300 and it was only $30 bucks extra on my bill...with Verizon, I would have paid over $100 bucks...easy math All of this and my bill is just within a couple of bucks with the equivelant verizon plan, and you get so much more with Sprint. Can you hear me now is there only market...who cares. The only reason Verizon has a good network is the compilation of inconsistant technologies of towers old and new from the three companies that make verizon up...most of the time I was analog frying my noodle. Sprint built their all fiber optic digital network from the ground up with Sprint being the only entity...hense the drop call problem they have had in the past, but Sprints network has gotten alot better as they grow and will keep improving. In my area my sprint coverage rocks...Sprints got to stop screwing around and get the 700p...Maybe the money soaked in Nextel has put them behind for now letting Verizon capatalize on everything from opening the EVDO market first until now. Before aquiring Nextel Sprint had the best phones, and were the first ones on the block with innovation. I could be wrong but I think Sprint had the Treo first when it came out...VENTING...AHHHH. Sprint bring it full circle. Oh yeah, Sprint customer service does suck in a big way
    In the picture I posted the link to, it has a Sprint logo, I was asking who would be the first here at TC to get it.

Hey who is that in your avatar? Buffie the Body?, or just a random **** shot from the web.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    It will probably be like the Blade...I just happened to see it on sprints website on a given day. No anouncements, no press meatings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    In the picture I posted the link to, it has a Sprint logo, I was asking who would be the first here at TC to get it.

Hey who is that in your avatar? Buffie the Body?, or just a random **** shot from the web.
    Wipe your drool...my wife...LOL
    I don't know who it is...it just makes me happy
    Correction...it won't be announced by sprint...maybe Palm though
    COMING OUT PARTY

WHO: All Sprint Treo Owners and Wannabees
    WHEN: May 28th, 2006
    WHERE: Perry's PPR (Pink Padded Room)
    BRING: Your Treo 700P and stories to share.
    ATTIRE: Nordic, circa 1250 A.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    COMING OUT PARTY

WHO: All Sprint Treo Owners and Wannabees
    WHEN: May 28th, 2006
    WHERE: Perry's PPR (Pink Padded Room)
    BRING: Your Treo 700P and stories to share.
    ATTIRE: Nordic, circa 1250 A.D.

Even though I would take one in the left testical to get the 700p like now, I also still believe in Santa Clause too.
    I'm not sure, the logos look a little fuzzy. Maybe it's just me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Come to the party, don't forget the horns.
    Wait, that sounds bad that you are having a "coming out party". You may want to clarify that a little more. It is a Treo Coming Out Party at the PPR. People could get the wrong idea with a coming out party in a pink room.
    C'mon....
    look at the calendar button. The calendar icon is off-center and badly angled on that key. I think someone photoshopped out the Windows logo and put that in there.
    Any thoughts on this??
    Eric
    Double Comin' Out Party

700P
    Perry, released from the PPR

Last edited by gtwo; 03/19/2006 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    that rhymes with cookie
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I think it's real and if the spec as have been rumour, I am sticking with my T650.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    For cryin' out LOUD. How much proof do some people need??!!

There have been Pictures, ROM dumps, internal Sprint Documents and now a new picture. No matter what is posted someone calls it a fake. I understand some people might be a little gun shy after the Stinky mess, but come on. There is more than enough proof. IMO this is another real pis, like Merlyn's.

The 700P IS real, IS coming and WILL be available in May or June.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I concur... with Treo Comin' Out Party.
    If this is a real pic it is of the test model or similar that Merlyn had so this is all old news...yawn...

LT, you are right there is something not right with the logo's and the screen upper edge has a couple funny spots.