Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    bigboy is right - $600 is a PREMIUM phone/pda, so Wi-Fi should be a given.

gharrod, give 'em hell. n4cer is an attention ***** that got caught by the short hairs.

opensecret, I don't need to be a phone designer to tell that Palm(Source) screwed the pooch bigtime when the launched Cobalt and NOT ONE device was released with it. Unbelievable.

Palm has a form factor edge with the Treo, but for how long? Excluding screen resolution, the Treo 650 (or 700P) is very lacking in feature-sets seen in other devices. The OS is held together with duct-tape and is at end-of-life. Again, if it was a low-end device, I might shrug it off, but it is on the premium side.

I love the Treo, but they are stagnating and going to have their lunch handed to them when (not if) the big boys finally figure it out.
    I feel the same way. If they can't get things moving this year, it doesn't look good.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    The sad part is that in a couple of weeks someone will post an almost identical post, and hopefully before 339 posts have been added, someone will realize their chain has been yanked........AGAIN!
    If Palm has any mercy, they'll put us out of our misery in a couple of weeks. It's getting closer and closer to the supposed announce or release date. All the speculation and/or leaks(or whatever) seem to say April-June for something. If nothing ends up being ready in that time period, I would say Palm is running behind and in that case, it may never catch up.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    SPRINT TREO 700p PICTURE

Who will be first to get it?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    If Palm has any mercy, they'll put us out of our misery in a couple of weeks. It's getting closer and closer to the supposed announce or release date. All the speculation and/or leaks(or whatever) seem to say April-June for something. If nothing ends up being ready in that time period, I would say Palm is running behind and in that case, it may never catch up.
    That's very true, especially if Palm really does plan to release 4 phones altogether this year. I wouldn't expect them to cram everything together, as that would be poor marketing. This would be especially true if there is supposed to be a Palm device that will top the 700 by the end of this year. For the tech savvy, buying a 700-series would seem pretty dumb, if there was going to be a better device coming out within a month or two later. Palm seems to be sliding in the market, and if they don't release a new device within the next few months, they will certainly set themselves back quite a bit more.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    We here at TC are waitng for the 700p, but in the rest of the US the Treo650 is just now catching on. Companies are switching to the 650 and will no doubt upgrade when the 700 arrives. If you view music videos and tv 650s are replacing sidekicks etc. Palm will continue to do what they always have MAKE MONEY and lots of it.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I sure hope they offer the ability to upgrade to ALP.....who am I kidding?
    Being a GSM user, the wind has been let out of my sails somewhat. The day T-Mobile gets an exclusive on a new phone is the day I wake up and realize I was dreaming it all. What really intrigues me is the operating system. What's this new model gonna run? The next point release of Garnet?
    Sorry if this has been posted. Front page of 1src.com.

http://www.1src.com/?m=show&id=1484

didn't notice it was posted a few up. still working on my first cup of coffee.
    Last edited by tonnerd; 03/19/2006 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    What really intrigues me is the operating system. What's this new model gonna run? The next point release of Garnet?
    Garnet 5.4.9 (According to Merlyn_3d)

Surur
    Well, my venerable T600 gave up the ghost this last week (it was a bad week, I had my winblows primary lapstation go south simultaneously, coincidentally), and I had to run around a find a Sprint store that had the T650 in stock (long story) but was finally successful. As I was finalizing the purchase, and remarking that I'd hoped to keep the T600 working until I could upgrade to the rumored "T700p", they said, "yeah, it's coming out in April -- both 700w and 700p".

sigh. well, mebbe if I keep this T650 in good cosmetic shape for a month or two, I'll be able to sell it and upgrade without way too much out-of-pocket. We'll see.
    mobileuser
    [PalmCentro-Sprint / (K)Ubuntu GNU/Linux]
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Is that really water torture or is that Perry wetting himself in anticipation in the PPR?

Snip
    Hi gharrod!

LOL

My PPR release is imminent, I know it's date. I am at peace.

Cheers. Perry.
    http://www.1src.com/headlines/show/001484.html
    Franko515, Post #344

The secrecy ship (the PalmSecrecyShip 700P) is leaking on all sides.

Party at Perry's house for Treo70P(erry) release. Bet you didn't know the P is for Perry and not Palm operating system. And is Palm nor Palmsource neither own POS anymore shouldn't it now be the Treo700A for Access?

Next is the Treo700M(unk), so easy a Munk can operate it. Then the Treo700V(iking) and it comes with dual antenna so they look like horns.

Then...ok, I'll stop now.
    Perry, FYI N4cer lives fairly close to your area...
    Jimmie Geddes
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    It's getting closer
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Any word on how much it will cost if you already have a Sprint plan?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    It's getting closer
    Not close enough for some.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    it's real. and the button layout is AWFUL as everyone has already pointed out. who needs a green button AND a phone button... they're supposed to do the same thing.

i've written a small utility (Shark700fix) that fixes the button layout from a software standpoint. on May 28 i will go to the sprint store, check the 700p's key codes, and release it.

regards, tyler

1src

Palm Pre (Sprint)