Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I walked into a Sprint store today with my horns on and they threw me out, I didn't even get to ask........................
    its okay, we still love you!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    I also walked into a big Sprint store just a couple hours ago. I asked the manager, "I heard there is a new Palm based Sprint Treo coming out, do you know if and when it is?" His comment was "yeah, we got a memo the other day about it, it said in May, but I think its June or July myself. Its like the Verizon 700, but its the palm Operating system." Thats all he knew. It was the northwest side Sprint store here in Indy.

Guess this means we can all argue and speculate for a few months, or just sit back and wait. I played with the 6700 while I was there. Too complicated, fonts too small for me, and I don't really like its little joy stick. Perhaps if I got used to it, it would be different, but thats my two bits.

It is like a brick the 6700!

I kept mine for only 6-7 days. I cannot get used to Windows Software.

I did use the HP1910 for a year and had it synch with the Palm Desktop thru 3rd party software. The OS on that HP was acceptable but I prefer the Palm OS
    Merlyn's beta . . . . . . . .

n4cer's sprint store marketing sheet . . . . .

Silly Season is over people.

Call it a Pink Padded Room hallucination, if you will.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/18/2006 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Timeframe correct? A Sunday release, the day before Memorial Day? I am sure Sprint will have tons of staff on duty at holiday pay to process those orders for a major product release as compared to any of the couple hundred other days available to them. Why do you say the timeframe is correct?

Only that the time frame April to May is plausible; not for the specific day. Sorry!
    n4cer seems to be MIA in this thread, even though he's been online today. If people were trashing my ***, and I were telling the truth, I'd at least speak up.

That tells me more than trying to analyze every nook and cranny of some blurry image.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    however all this plays out all I can say is I cant wait.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    n4cer seems to be MIA in this thread, even though he's been online today. If people were trashing my ***, and I were telling the truth, I'd at least speak up.

That tells me more than trying to analyze every nook and cranny of some blurry image.

Hi Munk!

Why bother defending yourself? There is another old phrase: "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." I think he is secure in what he stated in the first post.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/18/2006 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Why bother defending yourself? There is another old phrase: "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." I think he is secure in what he stated in the first post.

Cheers, Perry.
    In all honesty, it's not even a matter of defending yourself. He stopped posting two hours before you added the link to the image. You'd think he would have commented at some point afterwards, "Wow, so what do you think?" "Are you guys excited??" "I want one!" Something you or I would do with a legit post.

The silence is deafening.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    In all honesty, it's not even a matter of defending yourself. He stopped posting two hours before you added the link to the image. You'd think he would have commented at some point afterwards, "Wow, so what do you think?" "Are you guys excited??" "I want one!" Something you or I would do with a legit post.

The silence is deafening.

Points well taken.

However, he has been lurking as late as 6:10pm today. And everyone reacts differently, that's what makes the world go round.
    Leave it to the Munk to bring this back to some level of reasoning. Good points. I have beeen to busy trying to prove Jason(n4cer) right and finding nothing that leads me to that conclusion but rather the opposite. I firmly believe they have this device in testing but really do not expect the release for a while yet and I would think the possibility it will be with the ALPS OS may make it well worth the wait.
    Hi gharrod!

ALP OS won't be here until late 2007 -- Access said they would not be providing ALP developer kits until late this year. . . . . . . we will progress thru one more reiteration of FrankenGarnet 5.4.9 on the 700P before we get to our multi-tasking Palm-ish OS.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Leave it to the Munk to bring this back to some level of reasoning. Good points. I have beeen to busy trying to prove Jason(n4cer) right and finding nothing that leads me to that conclusion but rather the opposite. I firmly believe they have this device in testing but really do not expect the release for a while yet and I would think the possibility it will be with the ALPS OS may make it well worth the wait.
    I agree with you. I don't doubt for a minute there are test models out there. But the Palmese Water Torture that's taking place, with these drips of rumors and speculation are driving me up a wall.

Water Torture ???

Some of us have been committed to the PPR wing of the asylum!

And to think Access's announcement on ALP has already openned the Silly Season on the next arrival beyond this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret
    Last year Blackberry led the PDA market with 21.4% market share; Palm was second with 18.6%. A bunch of other players had the other 60%. It's a very competitive market, and a lot of folks with brains and deep pockets are going after it. Palm knows this, and knows that they'll be out of business if they don't maintain a competitive edge.
    What does my son say to me again ?... oh yeah ... NOT !

BB loves to quote Gartner cause, accordinmg to Gartner, the Treo is not a PDA.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Market_in_Transition

"According to Gartner, Palm, Inc.'s share of the market last year dropped 26 percent. But, in order for this to make sense, you need know that this market-research firm doesn't consider Palm's best-selling model -- the Treo 650 -- to be a handheld. Instead, it is classified as a smartphone, and therefore isn't included in this company's handheld results.

If the 1.95 million Treos shipped in 2005 were included, then Palm's total number of devices shipped last year would total up to 4.72 million.

If these two numbers were combined, it would beat out RIM's total of handhelds and smartphones, even though Gartner put RIM ahead of Palm in the handheld market. "

So yeah, Treo competitors can outsell Palm in the market but apparently only when you don't include the 2 million Treo sales when making the comparison. Kinda like saying "Well if you don't count the runs driven in by the 3 - 7 batters in the Boston Red Sox lineup, the Yankees woulda won that World Series .
    I added a comment to the download manager thread on sprintusers asking if there are any reps that can confirm or deny that this document was distributed. They are pretty good about responding, and this may clear this up. I would hate to see him flamed for nothing.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650
    No! We are not talking about sub-$300 phones. I think that for a super premium $600 phone it is not too much to ask Palm to bring their products up to par. I'm talking about the SD card or built-in wifi.
    I don't think we'll start seeing WiFi till the 800....there was a recent WiFi chip announcement on TheRegister or one of the other sites that fits on the tip of your index finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    What does my son say to me again ?... oh yeah ... NOT !

BB loves to quote Gartner cause, accordinmg to Gartner, the Treo is not a PDA.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Market_in_Transition

"According to Gartner, Palm, Inc.'s share of the market last year dropped 26 percent. But, in order for this to make sense, you need know that this market-research firm doesn't consider Palm's best-selling model -- the Treo 650 -- to be a handheld. Instead, it is classified as a smartphone, and therefore isn't included in this company's handheld results.

If the 1.95 million Treos shipped in 2005 were included, then Palm's total number of devices shipped last year would total up to 4.72 million.

If these two numbers were combined, it would beat out RIM's total of handhelds and smartphones, even though Gartner put RIM ahead of Palm in the handheld market. "

So yeah, Treo competitors can outsell Palm in the market but apparently only when you don't include the 2 million Treo sales when making the comparison. Kinda like saying "Well if you don't count the runs driven in by the 3 - 7 batters in the Boston Red Sox lineup, the Yankees woulda won that World Series .
    So if investers need or want market share information, lets just make sure we direct them to this thread, so they wont be confused by all those charts and graphs and reports telling them that palm is steadily losing market share every single quarter. Thanks for setting us straight.
    Does it really make that big of a difference if it's fake or not?

A target date in the end of May only says that it'll be released sometime around May or June. Isn't this pretty much the best estimate we can already give anyways. Even if the 700p never came to market, Sprint surely would want to pick up the 700w as soon as it's available to them, in June.

No need to take it too seriously.

*runs away, just in case*

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    The sad part is that in a couple of weeks someone will post an almost identical post, and hopefully before 339 posts have been added, someone will realize their chain has been yanked........AGAIN!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Is that really water torture or is that Perry wetting himself in anticipation in the PPR?

The test model(s) is the reason the 700p shows up in the MSI. Nothing proved there.