Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
    i just call csr like ever1 else does here and i ask about the treo 700? and the csr woman said yes we do have the 700 and i asked was it the w and she said yes...but she sounded very unsure if it was the w or not...

edited:i called again and another woman told me june or july..amd i asked w she said yes...then she said why they didnt have it yet and she said they r waiting for the cameraless version....
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy
    i just call csr like ever1 else does here and i ask about the treo 700? and the csr woman said yes we do have the 700 and i asked was it the w and she said yes...but she sounded very unsure if it was the w or not...
    Almost everyone. I've never called CS or asked a store rep about the 700.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Do you know when the SE P990 will be out?
    Within a month or two.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Not to throw in another unsubstantiated claim, but why not! I went to the East Mesa (Arizona) Sprint store tonight, and one of the sales ladies was sure that I would be able to get the 700p there next month (April).

(I'll watch for Sky Harbor Airport reservation surges to see how many of you believe her . . .)
    Do you know when the SE P990 will be out?
    I'm reading anywhere between May and September. The SE P990 will definitely be my next phone, provided it will be available in the US. The only way Palm could keep me at this point to add WiFi to the 700p and since that does not appear to be happening... see ya! Palm has fooled me for too long.
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Why is everyone complaining about no wifi? Seriously, who ever really thought Palm would integrate that in the first place?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Why is everyone complaining about no wifi? Seriously, who ever really thought Palm would integrate that in the first place?
    Come one, you know Handspring or was it Sprint that had something on their packaging to the effect that WiFi would be possible on the 600. Ever since then, I've been waiting for this to happen. I always had a feeling that it wouldn't happen, but at this point I'm tired of waiting. We'll see what Palm does when the 700p is officially released... I'm not holding my breath though.
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Come one, you know Handspring or was it Sprint that had something on their packaging to the effect that WiFi would be possible on the 600. Ever since then, I've been waiting for this to happen. I always had a feeling that it wouldn't happen, but at this point I'm tired of waiting. We'll see what Palm does when the 700p is officially released... I'm not holding my breath though.
    That was referring to a SD wifi card which I believe (hope) will be finally compatible with the 700p. I don't think any rumor here every claimed that the next gen Treo would have integrated wifi though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Almost everyone. I've never called CS or asked a store rep about the 700.

This brings to mind a question. How come most of the better known posters or even the Mods never tried calling? I think I have only seen about 3 posts from better known posters.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    This brings to mind a question. How come most of the better known posters or even the Mods never tried calling? I think I have only seen about 3 posts from better known posters.
    Could have something to do with the old adage "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool my twice, shame on me."
    You want to know how clueless Sprint reps are? I was in a local store & asked about a new Treo coming out & they said April/ May & they said it would be WINDOWS! It gets better, another clueless rep said that on Sprints website they sell the Treo 650 with Palm AND Windows already!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHA!! He insisted. I said no way - not possible then he said "well I work for Sprint, I should know". Ummmm nuff said...
    Hey!!! Can someone help me gather some info about palm Treo 700p Smartphone……..and how is it different form a palm Treo 700w……….. some of the reviews say it will be out by May 2006…….
    Hmm...aside from the actual release date, the image doesn't really present anything new or different from what I posted about a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni
    Hey!!! Can someone help me gather some info about palm Treo 700p Smartphone……..and how is it different form a palm Treo 700w……….. some of the reviews say it will be out by May 2006…….
    Go go back to the beginning of this thread and read the entire thread. By the time you reach the 13th page, you'll know all there is to know about the 700p and its release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Go go back to the beginning of this thread and read the entire thread. By the time you reach the 13th page, you'll know all there is to know about the 700p and its release date.
    It's "alleged" release date.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I remember palm claiming they had left out wifi capabilities due to carrier issues. they didn't want users to undercut data plans by enabling free wifi.
    well, why do other smartphone makers build wifi into their phones if there is truly such a conflict of interests? will palm at least provide a wifi sd card for the 700p or are we left out of the wifi thing altogether again?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    I remember palm claiming they had left out wifi capabilities due to carrier issues. they didn't want users to undercut data plans by enabling free wifi.
    well, why do other smartphone makers build wifi into their phones if there is truly such a conflict of interests? will palm at least provide a wifi sd card for the 700p or are we left out of the wifi thing altogether again?
    Spoke to a Palm exec I casually know recently who had been involved in the internal discussion/attempt to bring wifi drivers to the 650 -- despite my metaphorical thumbs around his adams apple he was adamant that there would be no wifi drivers written by them for the POS. As has been written about here many times previously this is because of the difficuly of gracefully integrating the various telephony, wifi, edge etc "radios" within the POS stack

I asked why not provide for a manual user activated option -- and he just waved me off with a "aint goin happen..."
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi

and while you are doing that, make sure there are no shap objects lying around.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Who would you suggest? Slinky??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Mr. Rather? Is that you?
    And for that, I'm sorry................really really sorry................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!