Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
    Mmmm.. Also notice that the screenshot is very very poorly pasted into the screen.

http://surur.sytes.net/treo700p2.gif

Things that make you go Hmmm

Surur
    OK, now I am laughing out loud. Jimmie's site has the picture blown up so you can see that the screen shot is pasted on so poorly it is laughable. Look at the upper edge of the screen at the corners. A 5 year old could do a better job then this. This does it for me. This is a hoax pure and simple. End of story, close the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    OK, now I am laughing out loud. Jimmie's site has the picture blown up so you can see that the screen shot is pasted on so poorly it is laughable. Look at the upper edge of the screen at the corners. A 5 year old could do a better job then this. This does it for me. This is a hoax pure and simple. End of story, close the thread.

time frame is correct though!!
    On the other hand, if this was just an internal brochure for staff communication, the production quality does not have to have been good. Some-one could have pasted a screenshot of their Treo 700p onto a photo found on the internet. The production quality (or lack thereof) does not automatically discredit the device.

Surur
    Timeframe correct? A Sunday release, the day before Memorial Day? I am sure Sprint will have tons of staff on duty at holiday pay to process those orders for a major product release as compared to any of the couple hundred other days available to them. Why do you say the timeframe is correct?
    Remember when the 700w videos were released in the forums as a leak and everyone was trying to say they were faked when they obviously were not? Now we see a picture that is obviously faked and people are justifying it. This is amazing.
    holy ****. there has been over 10,000 views of this post in the day its been posted.
    Geeesh guys, give it a break. Its an internal memo, not one made for publicity purposes. More than likely its just something put together on a Xerox machine for stores to see for prelim info.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Perry, I saw some quotes on Palminfocenter and one of th posters thought that they might make it like the T5 and split the memory so users could have room for their programs plus have the wifi card inserted. But once EVDO becomes available in most places, the wifi may be mute point!

Let me know you ideas on the memory. (I will be a fat hog on 128, still be good with the 64) If this is true. Palm came thru to take care of us for awhile until we get the CDMA version of Hollywood. When will the Hollywood version of CDMA be available???

Take Care,

Only two & half months to go (seems like forever)
    this may seem like a horribly dumb question, but what exactly IS the hollywood? I keep seeing it mentioned but i still dont know what it is?
    Hollywood is supposed to be a gsm, antenna-less, slimmer treo. No word if it's gonna be Palm OS or Windows Mobile yet.
    Jimmie Geddes
    FAKE!!! too many emails on screen... running snapper probably...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Remember when the 700w videos were released in the forums as a leak and everyone was trying to say they were faked when they obviously were not? Now we see a picture that is obviously faked and people are justifying it. This is amazing.
    reemmber Stinky? His rumor made it everywhere...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I especially like the laser beam ray.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2...serbeam0mq.gif
    Blaze, I hardly ever agree with you but you outdid yourself there. That was priceless!

I am through with this discussion but will stop back to see what the end reult is. My apologies in advance to anyone I offended or if this "rumor" is the real thing. But if it isn't don't say I didn't warn you.

Perry I look forward to hearing the results of your visit to the Sprint store.

Good night all, green beer awaits.
    Take it only for what its worth. At best its a copy of a memo. I don't know about you folks, but I've recieved quite a few memos that turned into nothing, or something completely different........................

....................but I hope I'm wrong.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    Take it only for what its worth. At best its a copy of a memo. I don't know about you folks, but I've recieved quite a few memos that turned into nothing, or something completely different........................

Mr. Rather? Is that you?
    If this is what i was, waiting for . I am done.
    SE P990 for sure now.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff

Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Mr. Rather? Is that you?

LOLLLLLLLL The best one ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by n4cer
    This one is for Perry.....God love'm. I am a daily observer but infrequent poster here at Treocentral. I have been following the hope of a new Palm based Treo for some time like the rest of you. I was out and about this afternoon and decided to stop by the Sprint store which was in the same complex where I was conducting other business. I spoke to the Sprint representative there and expressed interest in the Treo 700 (I didn't specify which OS). The rep. told me that they didn't know if/when they would be getting the Treo 700W but added that they just received information on new and upcoming products. Among them was a new Palm based Treo 700P. The rep. asked if I would like to see the information that they had. I contained my glee and walked over to the other counter, trying not to run, trip and look like a complete newbie *****. There I was handed several pages stapled together which was turned to a full color page displaying two phones....one of which was the Treo 700P. After expressing alot of interest in the phone I was trying to figure out how I was going to get a picture of this page with my PPC6700. To my delight the rep. asked me if I would like a photocopy. I almost crapped my pants and politely accepted the offer. The current targeted Sprint launch date is..........drum roll please..........5/28/06. I have included a scan of the copy I was given at the Sprint store by the Sprint rep. There has been alot of hoaxes on this board regarding a new Palm OS Treo and I just want to say that I would not do that. The original page that I was shown was in color and 100% authentic. Ummm.......trying to attach the scanned page but it keeps telling me "This document contains no data". I have sent a PM to Perry to see if he will accept an attachment via email and post it under this thread.
    OUTSTANDING if true. I have no reason to doubt it. The next time I am home will be about that release date. HELLO Sprint, here I come.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    If this is what i was, waiting for . I am done.
    SE P990 for sure now.
    Do you know when the SE P990 will be out?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!