Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    it's a good hoax if so. I mean, make it look like a very poor scan and post it with very little info. I hope it isn't, but what does it matter to me? I'll be in iraq until the 800p comes out
    God speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    This seems easy enough to confirm. If this is true then n4cer wouldn't mind a little verification. If this is a hoax then n4cer would not want to give us this opportunity to verify the autnenticy of the photocopy. What I propose to n4cer is he PM's Perry and another user the info on the Sprint store he obtained this information from and the contact at the store so it can be independently confirmed. If he doesn't do this then we assume he is Slinky is n4cer clothing.

Not to single anyone out, but the man produces what could be the first pic of a 700p ad and he is being compared to Slinky?

I wonder how much of the secrecy around the 700p (and Hollywood) is from posters not wanting to be lambasted if they provide information that they truly believe without absolute and immediate evidence? And how much is actually from Palm keeping more tight-lipped about future products?

If I have a pic of the Hollywood and see this type of reaction, I'm keeping it to myself. (Well, actually 'I' would NOT keep it to myself, but I'm sure others would).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by socaltreo
    I am leaning on the "believing it" side, but not 100%

I made this doc in 5 minutes http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cument27ay.jpg
    http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cument27ay.jpg

I get that same feeling
    Then I find this GEM by n4cer on 2/5/05 - He does not even have Sprint in his area he states in t5his posting. Now I ask you how is he so interested in getting a phone from a provider who doesn't even serve his area??? This is fishier by the moment. Also notice he thinks then the "6700 blows this thing out of the water".

n4cer

Nothing really great that I can see except EVDO.........unfortunately Im not in an area that is covered by sprint. Same screen........no wifi supported at all! I'm very disappointed. My 6700 blows this thing out of the water. I have been waiting to see what upgrades the new palm os treo would have to decide whether to make the switch. If the actual release has the same specs then I will be sticking with my 6700 until I see something with a palm os that impresses me. I much prefer the palm os over WM but it seems like palm just keeps nickel and diming the treos. If the 700w has wifi drivers it seems like the palm version could have incorporated something. I realize that there are alot of variables and differences between the two.....but c'mon!
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Not to single anyone out, but the man produces what could be the first pic of a 700p ad and he is being compared to Slinky?

I wonder how much of the secrecy around the 700p (and Hollywood) is from posters not wanting to be lambasted if they provide information that they truly believe without absolute and immediate evidence? And how much is actually from Palm keeping more tight-lipped about future products?

If I have a pic of the Hollywood and see this type of reaction, I'm keeping it to myself. (Well, actually 'I' would NOT keep it to myself, but I'm sure others would).

I agree with you skfny. But because of the hoaxs from a small number of people in the past peoples trusting side kinda gets reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    it's a good hoax if so. I mean, make it look like a very poor scan and post it with very little info. I hope it isn't, but what does it matter to me? I'll be in iraq until the 800p comes out
    Good luck on your deployment.
    Stay Safe
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    This seems easy enough to confirm. If this is true then n4cer wouldn't mind a little verification. If this is a hoax then n4cer would not want to give us this opportunity to verify the autnenticy of the photocopy. What I propose to n4cer is he PM's Perry and another user the info on the Sprint store he obtained this information from and the contact at the store so it can be independently confirmed. If he doesn't do this then we assume he is Slinky is n4cer clothing. I am suspicious on a couple counts. This can be easiy created by any child, Second is the release date being a Sunday of a holiday weekend (Memorial Day). Lastly is his low post count and seeming knowledge of the people here and who to get things to. Newbies shouldn't have a handle on who can be trusted and is an influencer. Lastly his screen name lends itself to making me distrust him...n4cer (enforcer seems hostile for someone new to the forums).

Truth is I see a lot of holes in this story same as the Merlyn and Slinky episodes.
    I'm game.

I am going with n4cer -- I couldn't get the darn thing to post either. Everyone gets my measured trust, until they burn me.

Anyway, I am taking a print of the sheet into my Sprint store tomorrow and see what I can stir up -- other than my $50 deposit check stapled to it.

Cheers, Perry.

Why hoax 5/28? (That is really, the only new info here.) Why not lure me in hook line and sinker with 4/24?
    I think at this point people will need to actually have the 700P in there hand before they believe it, even then it might take a few days..............
    Here we go again, it's all over the net and all arrows point to Treo Central......................

http://65.254.44.186/showthread.php?t=871442
    I don't know what's funnier. The droolers awaiting a bone, anything even remotely confirming the exsistance of the 700p, or the wannabe Barnaby Jones' that go digging for clues to debunk someone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Perry, if he said 4/24 you would have gone into cardiac arrest! But then no one would have believed him.

Let me again state: I want there to be a Treo700P(erry) but I need a little more proof then a shaky rendition of a black and white Sprint photocopy.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Why do I have a sick feeling in my stomach?

Because we have to wait tooo (two) long months to get our hands on this unit!
    Insertion, I take that insult as the insult it is. Poorly crafted.

I do find it interesting that you have many times debunked other claims on these boards. Does that make you Columbo, Barney Miller or Inspector Gadget?
    Insertion, I take that insult as the insult it is. Poorly crafted.

I do find it interesting that you have many times debunked other claims on these boards. Does that make you Columbo, Barney Miller or Inspector Gadget?
    You may call me Shaft.

And it wasn't an insult, merely an observation. I prefer to craft my insults so there's no disputing it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

The 700p is the same hardware as the 700W....but with PalmOS.

Did anyone actually expect anything different?

The only information I want is the OS features...we all knew what the hardware would be.
    Seeing how we are playing Barney, anybody notice the Sprint logo is on the opposite side.
    Going into Shaft mode, it seems it may come loaded with pTunes (Merlyn, didn't he mention this?)

Quote Originally Posted by aetherion
    This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

The 700p is the same hardware as the 700W....but with PalmOS.

Did anyone actually expect anything different?

The only information I want is the OS features...we all knew what the hardware would be.
    What about screen resolution?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I just posted it to my site too. I'm glad Surur got this one out

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/03/pa...te-leaked.html

I just hope this is "real", we all know it's coming. I thought we'd see it before the end of May, but oh well. My Treo 650 is still the best smartphone until the 700p makes it's debut
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm here. Finishing the work at home that I did not finish at work. Something about trying to open a .jpg file.

I was looking for 64mb. . . . . . . I'm psyched with 128mb. And as I have said before, (if this is not a hoax)(and I am on the believing side of this one), the noise level coming out of Sprint stores is certainly increasing!

Cheers, Perry.

Perry, I saw some quotes on Palminfocenter and one of th posters thought that they might make it like the T5 and split the memory so users could have room for their programs plus have the wifi card inserted. But once EVDO becomes available in most places, the wifi may be mute point!

Let me know you ideas on the memory. (I will be a fat hog on 128, still be good with the 64) If this is true. Palm came thru to take care of us for awhile until we get the CDMA version of Hollywood. When will the Hollywood version of CDMA be available???

Take Care,

Only two & half months to go (seems like forever)