Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    come on treoneo tell us how you really feel.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    what is wrong with you friggin sheeple?! At this point Palm could release a Treo 650 in orange with a few buttons in a different place wiped in cat crap & you guys would eat it up!. It is sad that the marketing (which all this clearly is) they used to hype the stupid Treo has tricked you into accepting a SUBPAR device. Come on, NO WIFI?!!! it is 2006!!! Almost EXACT same form factor & the phone dialer is not even changed from the Treo 600 to 650?! So you are paying $600 for extra 96 MB of memory & an extra few hundred k in internet speeds?! Palm is lazy & resting on their laurels. There are other phones that have offered way more in camera megapixel size, memory & wifi long before now. I'll say it once & I will say it again; when Palm bought Handspring & tookover making the Treo line, that was the kiss of death for Treos. Handspring were the true innovators IMO. And they delivered True updates in a timeframe that was ahead of it's competitors. Palm Treos are now behind the competition. Just look at the drastic leaps from the handspring pda to phone plug in to Treo 180 to 270 to 300 t0 600. Now THAT is progression. Look at the difference between Treo 600 & 700 - THE CHANGES ARE NEGLIGIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This P's me off but what can I do. I am a slave to the market. NO ONE makes a smartphone that compares to the Treo in form factor, Palm OS, usability, etc. We have no choice & they know it. Until we see a REAL treo killer, Palm will give us negligible $600+ updates for years to come!

Hi Treoneo!

Everyone has their own opinion on this. Negligible????? . . . . EV-DO, 64mb, >2GB SD cards and other improvements is enough for me. PDA steps over the last 10 years have been similiar. And today's specs are hardly a surprise -- we have been speculating them since the 700W specs were released. I would not imagine sibling devices to be much different.

Cheers, Perry.
    Treoneo I will agree with one thing..................."The form factor" But I believe GSM with be the beneficiary of that upgrade.
    Um yeah I mean UPGRADES FOR THE TREO LINE & not the pda market in general. Was that not clear in my essay? The updates for the TREO LINE since the Treo 600 have been NEGLIGIBLE. And what makes you think these are supposed to be sibling devices? The Treo 700W is yes but the Treo 700P is supposed to be an "updated" model. Why would they release a sibling with the same OS? Or if I may flip this, you are saying we are now payin $600 for sibling devices?! And it is ok to wait a year & a half for a sibling device? And you are ok with this?!!!
    Last edited by treoneo; 03/17/2006 at 05:41 PM.
    Things are moving pretty fast around this thread but did I miss any specs on the screen?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    The interesting feature was phone as modem. They probably put this in so they can charge you the sprint power vision network. This is charged when using mobile broadband card or device used as modem. the cost for this is 59.95 per month
    OK, I'm gonna go tomorrow on a road trip around sprint stores and see what I get. I'll report on this on Sunday.

Al
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    OK, I'm gonna go tomorrow on a road trip around sprint stores and see what I get. I'll report on this on Sunday.

Al
    Are you taking a copy of the form posted here? For fun you should wait until the tell you it is going to be windows and then hand them the sheet.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    For all those concerned about lack of real progress, what would you propose be included? Wifi? Good luck getting someone like Verizon to sign off on that one. What else is there? Of course it could be made a little smaller, but unless you're thinking thinner, I don't think you could make it any smaller and retain functionality. Let's remember, they are there to make money, not to make "progress." There is a reason Handspring was both the innovator, and the target.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    As do I
    me too
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Well first of all this is with Sprint & second of all Sprint already has at least one WIFI smartphone - the PPC6700. So I understand the theory of saying they want to sell their own pricey internet plan so they won't have phones with wifi, BUT in the case of Sprint this theory is DOA...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Of course it could be made a little smaller, but unless you're thinking thinner, I don't think you could make it any smaller and retain functionality. .
    I meant thinner, like the Motorola Q and the Samsung 320.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What is a Target date? Is that when you take your barely legal tart (who probably works there as well) to Target, and dine on the fine cuisine at the snack bar?
    Sorry, that was "target lunch date"... er, "target launch date". Don't diss Target food though, the pizza isn't bad. And the price is right for a BLT.
    Have you guys noticed this about the scanned page?
    -Fonts on the LG descriptions are different than the ones on the 700p.
    -The Image on the LG is inside a rectangle, but on the 700p there is nothing.
    -Target launch dates fonts are different too.
    LG says "Target" and 700p says "Targeted"

Is it just me or what??

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Is that a computer firing up Photoshop I hear in the background?

Like I asked earlier......
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Um yeah I mean UPGRADES FOR THE TREO LINE & not the pda market in general. Was that not clear in my essay? The updates for the TREO LINE since the Treo 600 have been NEGLIGIBLE. And what makes you think these are supposed to be sibling devices? The Treo 700W is yes but the Treo 700P is supposed to be an "updated" model. Why would they release a sibling with the same OS? Or if I may flip this, you are saying we are now payin $600 for sibling devices?! And it is ok to wait a year & a half for a sibling device? And you are ok with this?!!!

Hi Treoneo!

The siblings I speak of were born together and developed in tandem: 700W and 700P.

The 700P is an upgrade in my eyes over the 650 and certainly for those with 600s. I would not want to wait until the spring of 2008 for the ALP/Treo as the next release beyond the 650. The 700P improves the radio, the memory, the camera, the SD slot, the Bluetooth and probably more. Yes -- all incremental steps, rather than revolutionary -- but they create in total -- a very nice device for existing and new buyers.

If it's not worth $450 to you, it's not worth $450 to you.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/17/2006 at 06:28 PM.
    This seems easy enough to confirm. If this is true then n4cer wouldn't mind a little verification. If this is a hoax then n4cer would not want to give us this opportunity to verify the autnenticy of the photocopy. What I propose to n4cer is he PM's Perry and another user the info on the Sprint store he obtained this information from and the contact at the store so it can be independently confirmed. If he doesn't do this then we assume he is Slinky is n4cer clothing. I am suspicious on a couple counts. This can be easiy created by any child, Second is the release date being a Sunday of a holiday weekend (Memorial Day). Lastly is his low post count and seeming knowledge of the people here and who to get things to. Newbies shouldn't have a handle on who can be trusted and is an influencer. Lastly his screen name lends itself to making me distrust him...n4cer (enforcer seems hostile for someone new to the forums).

Truth is I see a lot of holes in this story same as the Merlyn and Slinky episodes.
    it's a good hoax if so. I mean, make it look like a very poor scan and post it with very little info. I hope it isn't, but what does it matter to me? I'll be in iraq until the 800p comes out
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Treolo the boxes are not aligned with the text either. They are slightly skewed. This is a pretty bad graphic if it were created by a marketing department.
    GMShiller, this looks like it is from the Dan Rather (2004 Election Bush National Guard Paperwork being faked) graphics department. Wait is that Slinky's name I see on the speed dial button???