Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    What did we originally think the unit Merlyn had on it for memory?
    I think it was 64mb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm here. Finishing the work at home that I did not finish at work. Something about trying to open a .jpg file.

I was looking for 64mb. . . . . . . I'm psyched with 128mb. As I said, if this is not a hoax(and I am on the believing side of this one), the noise level coming out of Sprint stores is certainly increasing!

Cheers, Perry.
    I thought the original leaked specs were 128MB with only 64MB for the user. Wouldn't this still be the same thing?

At any rate I'm excited. I had just decided yesterday that I am through lying to myself since November that my PPC 6700 was the best. I had been lured by it's WiFi and EV-DO and 1.2 Bluetooth but the usability really sucked compared to the Treo. I'm selling the 6700 on ebay and going back to my Treo 650, which by the way I am getting a insurance replacement for on Tuesday . I didn't realize how much I missed the Treo until I decided to use it for a whole day last week.

Now I wait with anticipation like everyone else for the 700p. After all I DID get used to the EVDO speeds on the 6700.

Should I take this new proof of 700p existence into my Sprint store and educate the Reps?

Have I used enough smilies in my post?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 03/17/2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: edited smilies
    what's up with those smilies in my last post?
    No mention of wifi, disappointing.
    5/28 is a long time away. Perry- your're going to have to leave the PPR to find a new birthday present for your daughter :-(
    What! no color pictures..................? LOL
    After having WiFi on the 6700 and being able to compare it to EVDO speeds for the last 5 months, I would have to say that the WiFi is over rated IMO.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by ygthb
    I wonder how long untill PALM has an unlocked GSM online?

How long was it after the release of the 650?
    6 more months
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Speclcajun: Good point on the 128mb being split -- with 64mb and then 52mb being the user portion.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    5/28 is a long time away. Perry- your're going to have to leave the PPR to find a new birthday present for your daughter :-(
    And if their target dates are like our target dates, we could be talking 12/28.
    What is a Target date? Is that when you take your barely legal tart (who probably works there as well) to Target, and dine on the fine cuisine at the snack bar?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What is a Target date? Is that when you take your barely legal tart (who probably works there as well) to Target, and dine on the fine cuisine at the snack bar?

Can we start a 700P forum now...................?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    NO!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Please place those requests in this thread. I have been lobbying for this for sometime. No luck yet but maybe we could renew the push.
    BTW -- Thanks to n4cer!!
    Does it sound better this way......73 days or this way.........5/28
    That's $6.16 a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Don't rush, they haven't updated the cell site since 3/12.

http://cellphones.engadget.com/
    Hope i don't dupe someone elses comments... but they havent updated it, cause thats not the site :P

www.engadgetmobile.com

gets updated almost more than the regular :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    BTW -- Thanks to n4cer!!
    WHO, By the way was brave enough to post on this board where you are routinely ripped to shreds by all the naysayers (you know who you are!)if you don't post absolute proof in under 2 minutes!

Good job n4cer!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    what is wrong with you friggin sheeple?! At this point Palm could release a Treo 650 in orange with a few buttons in a different place wiped in cat crap & you guys would eat it up!. It is sad that the marketing (which all this clearly is) they used to hype the stupid Treo has tricked you into accepting a SUBPAR device. Come on, NO WIFI?!!! it is 2006!!! Almost EXACT same form factor & the phone dialer is not even changed from the Treo 600 to 650?! So you are paying $600 for extra 96 MB of memory & an extra few hundred k in internet speeds?! Palm is lazy & resting on their laurels. There are other phones that have offered way more in camera megapixel size, memory & wifi long before now. I'll say it once & I will say it again; when Palm bought Handspring & tookover making the Treo line, that was the kiss of death for Treos. Handspring were the true innovators IMO. And they delivered True updates in a timeframe that was ahead of it's competitors. Palm Treos are now behind the competition. Just look at the drastic leaps from the handspring pda to phone plug in to Treo 180 to 270 to 300 t0 600. Now THAT is progression. Look at the difference between Treo 600 & 700 - THE CHANGES ARE NEGLIGIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This P's me off but what can I do. I am a slave to the market. NO ONE makes a smartphone that compares to the Treo in form factor, Palm OS, usability, etc. We have no choice & they know it. Until we see a REAL treo killer, Palm will give us negligible $600+ updates for years to come!
    Last edited by treoneo; 03/17/2006 at 05:11 PM.