Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    :EDIT:

Lets recap:

AENigma Wrote:
    In June of 2006 Sprint will be releasing a Treo 700i, WM 5.0
    ronbo2000 Wrote:
    Anyway, I got connected and the Rep neither confirm nor denied what you've stated. All they can say is that all rep's been instructed to not to talk about future releases of Palm devices. I forgot to mention that the Sprint Rep confirmed it was Windows based Treo. Take it for what it's worth.
    Cardio Wrote:
    That is in line with the memo my local Sprint strore had on Friday
    "Just got back from my local sprint store, they also have a paper on the upcoming Treo. However it is from the regional manager and it says there is a 2 week delay in the upcoming treo release, and he says in the message that it is windows?????? As I was reading I asked quizzically windows?, and the rep said yes that is confirmed it will be windows, I was really hoping for Palm so I could trade in my 600. I said yep me too, hope your manager is wrong."
    With all this info, is it now possible that we are going to see a dual launch of 700p and a windows (700i) from Sprint?
    AENigma Wrote:
    Right, it was going to be released at the end of MAY...
    Now, it will be JUNE.
    Treo 700i
    WM 5.0
    camtah Wrote:
    As a longtime lurker and frustrated that an EvDO treo is not yet available, I broke down and bought a Samsung A900. I was just in a Sprint store to get a firmware update on my phone, when I started up the TREO topic with the tech. I was saying that I really wanted the 700p now, but he interrupted and said that the next TREO that Sprint would release would be WM based, not POS.
    Now, this was not a snot-nosed young whipper-snapper, but a rather seasoned vet and I had a rather long interesting technical conversation with him. Since I work for a major EvDO equipment supplier for Sprint, etc he seemed to be on top of things, at least from the technical aspects. I, therefore concluded that information he volunteered may have some basis in fact.
    I was hoping for a POS version, but I may be stymied here....
    ScaryHumor Wrote:
    I'm relatively new to all of you, so I kept my mouth shut with rumors and such. And I'm very much on the same boat as most of you, convinced that the "P" is coming.
    But during a visit to my Sprint store this past Sunday, the manager (late 30's, not a kid), said almost the exact same thing to that this poster heard.
    I (want to) believe he was misinformed. He may have been speaking about the "i". But he held his ground on there not being a "P" coming. Adamant almost to the point of being rude.
    Hizd4Life Wrote:
    I want to believe in the 700P but I too spoke to Sprint and they said the same thing. 700i!!! WTF!!! I want my POS!!!!
    Lofdog Wrote:
    Well I couldn't take it anymore and got the 6700. When I was at the Sprint store (sounds like a common theme here) the indivdual selling me the phone said, "I hope you won't regret this purchase, the Windows Treo will be on Sprint PCS shortly". Once again, what do you do? I got the PPC-6700, I'm out. I can't take the TREO MADNESS anymore. (I'll still be watching the insanity from afar).
    Asystole Wrote:
    The usual...just called Sprint about upgrading my 650
    She checked her warehouse info, then told me there was a Treo 700 listed for a June release, but there was no letter (W or P or i ) listed. She said that there was no specific date in June, nor were there any product details.
    Hdhntr23 Wrote:
    ...I asked the rep just for fun to see what he would say about the new 700's and he said June as well but the difference is this guy said its because Palm is going to "stop making the 650's" course he didnt know if it was a w or a p...
    Treolo Wrote:
    I called 3 different sprint stores and got the following:

Sprint Modesto
    -EVDO is supposed to be rolled out at the end of the first quarter.
    -A new Treo 700 windows mobile based is coming out in June or July.

Sprint Stockton
    -EVDO will be available within the next 6 months.
    -A new Treo 700 windows mobile based is coming out next month.

Sprint Livermore (This one is a National Store)
    -No idea when EVDO is going to be available in Modesto or Tracy.
    -A new Treo 700 windows mobile and Palm OS based is coming out at the end of May.

I think the Sprint Livermore rep guy store makes a lot of sense. By then Verizon will no longer have the exclusive on the 700w and Sprint will now have the exclusive on the 700p.
    tweetyteam Wrote:
    ...Talked with Sprint Rep a few minutes ago, in Maitland Florida, he stated that Sprint was releaseing Treo's 700 next month and this is the first I heard this one but he said Sprint was releaseing a 700p and a 700w at the same time...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

I was first told the it was going to be a GSM based Treo 700i WM 5 from Sprint. After making some phone calls, it will not be GSM...

As Lady Treo was right on the money when she said "Now the rumor does make sense if the reps mistook iDen for GSM due to SIM use."
    And so did I...

The lady friend of mine that works in corporate type spot for Sprint cleared up some things for me. They are (as of now) going to put it up on the web site by mid April, the release date was going to be the last week of May but that has changed to the first part of June. She told me that they would start shipping out the Treo 700i's starting at midnight of the 4th of June to all the stores. I do not know what the date is that you will be able to walk into a Sprint store and buy one.

This is what I do know and can say with a 95% chance of being right.
    Sprint will release a Treo 700i WM 5.0 in JUNE of 2006.

Anyone else care to try and get some more intel on this?
    :/EDIT:
    :EDIT:
    Sprint may address the Memory Leak issue before releasing the 700i (ROM Update) and that it is still going to be released the first part of JUNE.
    And Sprint will also be releasing some kind of new BT... Could not get any Specs...
    :/EDIT:
    Last edited by aenigma; 04/21/2006 at 07:44 AM.
    Oh, that makes a ton of sense.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    700i, as in 700 with built in IPOD?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Bad enough we have a bazillion new "I just heard..." threads everyday, but at least make up a believable story.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    GSM? Sprint?

They gonna spend a couple billion $$ between now and June? Or are they just gpoing to buy Cingular?

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    GSM? Sprint?

They gonna spend a couple billion $$ between now and June? Or are they just gpoing to buy Cingular?

Why not, Pac Bell, SBC, AT&T, Cingular not AT&T let's add Sprint
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    gOOD nOW lET'S SCAttER a BUNCH oF 700i tHrEAdS
    Just call me Berd.

mAyBE thAT'S thE gOaL
    Just call me Berd.
    Atleast give him kudos for making something that nobody else did in first place. 700I is a new concept. I can wait to know the specs on it. So u also mean to say that 700I will get EVDO and will be backward compatible to edge and gprs??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by aenigma
    Was told by Sprint that in June they will be releasing a Treo 700i GSM version that uses Windows Mobile 5.0...

Has anyone else heard this?
    Why yes... I heard it come out of a horses *** yesterday.

Sprint told you they will release a GSM version? Uh huh... Since when did Sprint use GSM anyway?
    It's true! They're calling it The Pirate Treo...
    This thread is the funniest thing that i have heard all day.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  13.    #13  
    Thats what the crackhead rep at Sprint told me yesterday...
    That June (2007) Sprint will come out with a Treo 700i GSM...

I wish I could be funny enough to make this crap up.

Thats why I am asking here, to see if its true.
    Am I the only person who likes to ask the cell phone representatives difficult questions to which I already know the answer just to watch them fake a cough to excuse themselves? People need to stop trusting Sprint Representatives. These aren't necessarily knowledgable people. I know the Sprint store near me hired a bunch of teenagers that seemed to have taken a step up from McDonalds and don't know what they're talking about.
    A step up?
    Just spoke to the local Treo rep and he says the Treo 700G will be out shortly. G for GPS. no antenna, designed for Europeans (?) and about 80% width of the 650. has 8 slightly smaller hardware buttons, menu and home keys next to Alt keys and the Treo 600 5 way menu (whatever that means). some other buttons on the side too and no volume keys. 320x480 hard screen (?) with retractable keyboard (320x320 when retracted). Extended battery that isn't theirs. some kind of video output with different hotsync and power connectors. top has earpiece (3.5mm) and 3 way sound / no sound + vibrate / no sound no vibrate. Otherwise similar memory and speed specs to 700W.
    ... and of course we all believe that "local Treo rep".
    Has anyone claimed Z yet? Anyone? Anyone?

No? Great...

I just talked to a friend of my boss' dog and he says the 700Z is going to be out Real Soon Now.

I really trust this guy, but you know, it's just a rumour.
    STOP the jokes, PLEASE!!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well, I say that if they will call ya when the first 700P shows up in the store, I can forgive all the dumass responses.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast