Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    lol this is funny stuff! I am taking the letter J, for 700J(eeman) or course!

It is not only 700P(erry) that can have a treo with his name on it!
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Someone just won the sprint rep pool for how fast the "Treo 700i GSM" rumor would make it to treo central. They are just funning us...
    i am surprise nobody mention 700S (as a symbian OS). That would make lot of sense. As per G for gsm and I for something, please stop it, it doesnt work. Now 700V would make lots of sense, V for vendetta .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    Just spoke to the local Treo rep and he says the Treo 700G will be out shortly. G for GPS. no antenna, designed for Europeans (?) and about 80% width of the 650. has 8 slightly smaller hardware buttons, menu and home keys next to Alt keys and the Treo 600 5 way menu (whatever that means). some other buttons on the side too and no volume keys. 320x480 hard screen (?) with retractable keyboard (320x320 when retracted). Extended battery that isn't theirs. some kind of video output with different hotsync and power connectors. top has earpiece (3.5mm) and 3 way sound / no sound + vibrate / no sound no vibrate. Otherwise similar memory and speed specs to 700W.
    OK Mods, since you opened the door by banning people for giving blatantly false info on upcoming Treos, can we also ban these morons who talked to a "Treo rep," or "Sprint rep" every 15 minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    OK Mods, since you opened the door by banning people for giving blatantly false info on upcoming Treos, can't we also ban these morons who talked to a "Treo rep," or "Sprint rep" every 15 minutes?
    How can we miss all the fun part :-(
    Too all people who spoke to sprint reps:
    Next time if you do ask a sprint rep a question about next treo, make sure to get their name, address, phone number and write down their store number. So we can all have fun with them.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  6.    #26  
    Ok, I got to the heart of it after an hour on the phone.

In June of 2006 Sprint will be releasing a Treo 700i CDMA WM 5.0

Its the same as the Treo 700w, only Sprint will call it the 700i, because they can.

Thats what I get for "asking Sprint representatives".
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't know you, but I suppose I can just take your word for it. I'm a fool, what can I say?
    And who exactly is the "local Treo rep"?

That's a new one. We've heard "local Sprint rep" or "local Palm rep" or even "local Best Buy rep", but I've never seen "local Treo rep".

I'm glad they were able to leak confidential info about their latest and greatest to you, Joe Random.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Where is the local treo rep? Is it a new kinda store? You must be an important person for him to confide in you, or maybe the treo reps do not have any type of non-disclosure agreement.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    That's a switch, all previous bets were to Hollywood geting the 800 moniker.

And what is a "local Treo rep".....how do I find out who mine is ?
    Model numbers identify hardware configuration. If it's 80% the width of the 650 and no antenna, it won't be called 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Has anyone claimed Z yet? Anyone? Anyone?

No? Great...

I just talked to a friend of my boss' dog and he says the 700Z is going to be out Real Soon Now.

I really trust this guy, but you know, it's just a rumour.
    I heard they had a deal with Nissan as well... "Dogs love treos--The TreoZ"
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    It's called the TreoACG. The logo has a check underneath. It's the navy seal of all treos. It's suitable for underwater activities. You didn't hear that one?
    The "G" is for.................."G, how can I screw with this forum some more?"
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    please make this madness stop
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    <merged>
    ...they still don't now fungus.

Just an update.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenigma
    Ok, I got to the heart of it after an hour on the phone.

In June of 2006 Sprint will be releasing a Treo 700i CDMA WM 5.0

Its the same as the Treo 700w, only Sprint will call it the 700i, because they can.

Thats what I get for "asking Sprint representatives".

I'm impressed ... this person actually cam back with a serious update, even after that tremendous bashing ......
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aenigma
    Was told by Sprint that in June they will be releasing a Treo 700i GSM version that uses Windows Mobile 5.0...

Has anyone else heard this?
    Actually yes, I've heard it too. This is completely true, well, partially at least, my local Wal-Mart rep told me so. Sprint is releasing a Treo 700i, but it's not for GSM (that would be silly, wouldn't it?), its for Nextel's iDEN network, hence the i.

Sprint figures they don't make that much money off their customer base, so they'd release a brand new Treo to their Nextel division, figuring they'd sell at least 100 units.

Mods, please, I'm begging you. Ban the next person who starts a new, non-Treo 700W thread.
    I'm back!
    This didn't take long.....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109788

Ban him now.
    I'm back!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast