1.    #1  
    I downloaded one program onto my memory card. It's toccer. It's AIM. How do I get it from my memory card to use it? Is there a way to open the program from the card and use it?

I guess that's where I'll start. My husband got one on Monday too, but I haven't been able to sit and talk with him on the subject. We've had opposite schedules.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I know I sound treostupid and as of currently, I am.
    Last edited by xjustdizzyx; 03/15/2006 at 02:52 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by xjustdizzyx
    I downloaded one program onto my memory card. It's toccer. It's AIM. How do I get it from my memory card to use it? Is there a way to open the program from the card and use it?

I guess that's where I'll start. My husband got one on Monday too, but I haven't been able to sit and talk with him on the subject. We've had opposite schedules.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I know I sound treostupid and as of currently, I am.
    sending this from the phone just checking!
    "All the world's a stage... don't forget your lines!"
    Quote Originally Posted by xjustdizzyx
    sending this from the phone just checking!
    Go the the app launcher (button w/the house on it) ther is a drop down arrow alon the the top of the screen, press it, at the very bottom of that drop down menu should be your expansion card, highlight it and and press the center button of the 5 way, all the programs you've intalled to the expansion card should now be visiable, highlight anyone and press the center button of the 5 way again, and you should be good to go. Good luck and welcome to the Wonderful World of Treo
    When time permits, may I suggest:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82079

WELCOME! (To the asylum and the addiction!)

Cheers, Perry
    Try toogling the aplication (home) button and your screen should show different catagories, all, main, sdcard. I think it should show on the heading that matches the name of your sd card.
    You can also assign one of your favorite buttons to launch the application. Go to the Favorites page (up on the 5-way button in default configuration when you are in phone mode), select an empty button, and press the menu key and e. Select Application from the Type drop down, then select the application name from the Label list. You can also assign a Quick Key if you want; this way, you can simply press that key to launch the program without having to root through the menus to get to it.

Of course, your shortcut won't work if the card isn't inserted or it becomes unseated (a problem I haven't experienced since I got a name brand card, as opposed to one of the generic cards).
    Last edited by hotbranch; 03/15/2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: slight clarification
    From the Toccer web site (http://www.atomiccog.com/products/toccer-for-treo/):

Requirements

* a PalmOne Treo 600 or 650
    * data access (carrier service charges may apply)
    * an AIM account (sorry, .mac accounts are not supported at this time)
    * needs to run from internal memory (not a memory card)

It appears Toccer should not/cannot be run from a memory card, but must reside on the Treo's internal memory.

Cheers,
    Jonathan
    get filez for your treo...it is a freeware. go to palmgear.com to download. this is file manager app for your treo.
    www.nosleep.net

click on Download

select FileZ
    You could always just download it again, to the handheld this time. Toccer is a good program (at least last time I used it).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all your help. I've learned so much about this phone (the new joy of my life) in the last few days! I have Toccer working from the main device, not the card. I also was able to put a few songs on there and a few other things. I beamed some pictures from my husbands treo to mine last night and I was in awe! I love this phone too much, I fear.
    "All the world's a stage... don't forget your lines!"