Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Let me remind you people:

The nonsense that you see in this forum over the last 5 months is a direct result of PALM announcing and releasing a windows based Treo (700W) with no significant information being given to their existing customers on what should have been a parallel release of the 700P.

PALM created this insanity and only PALM (or SPRINT) can end it!
    ^^^^^Yeah, What he said! ^^^^^
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Before you sart flaming me note I am not trying to be inflamatory here just trying to add some common sense to the discussion.

Palm has sold off a lot of poperty recently to improve their balance sheet for this quarter. It no longer owns POS and has a monetary commitment to ALP. Does it seem they are pulling in their horns (sorry for the Viking reference Viking, and great avatar video by the way that one needs to be on ifilms.com) and circling the wagons. There is a flood of new smartphone and phone PDA combo devices planned for the market through the end of the year and the huge winner appears to be WM5.

Then take a look at what MS has up their sleeves with WM5 and Vista...
    Windows Vista will introduce Windows Mobile Device Center as opposed to ActiveSync. The software will allow for management of Windows Mobile based devices and has a style like Windows Vista instead of like what ActiveSync currently looks like. Similar functionality will be included like browsing device content, desktop pass-through, and other connectivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Let me remind you people:

The nonsense that you see in this forum over the last 5 months is a direct result of PALM announcing and releasing a windows based Treo (700W) with no significant information being given to their existing customers on what should have been a parallel release of the 700P.

PALM created this insanity and only PALM (or SPRINT) can end it!

I agree, Palm is to blame. I think the jokers that start threads because of something they "heard" from a Sprint rep, Best Buy employee, or the latest Treo rep (what the hell is a Treo rep?) are really employees of Palm trying to whip dweebs like you and I into a frenzy.

P.S. I like the fact you proudly proclaim you're from Grand Rapids, I grew up in Mt. Clemens.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345