1.    #1  
    So, I am like 1000's of others waiting for the announcement of the new units. It seems from the discussions there will be a 700p and a 700w. Any advice, words on which one to sign a new 2 year agreement on?

I heard an announcement on the radio, for SLINGBOX, which basically states you can watch your home TV (or TIVO) on a microsoft driven PDA. I would assume that on a 700W this would be possible. I'd love to access and watch shows that are stored on my tivo at home, from the TREO.

I'd be interested in anyones thoughts on this.

Thanks

Henry
    The 700w is already out with only Verizon as of now. Everyone is guessing on the release date of the 700p.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Slinky...........
    Hi Henry!

Best to browse the 700W Forum for all they are doing with it.

As far as a hardware comparison (speculated 700P specs) vs. the 700W:

The P will have a 320x320 screen vs. the W's 240x240. The P is also speculated to have 52mb of user memory -- which probably translates into "more" memory for the P vs. the W, as the PalmOS and applications use less "space."

The W has EV-DO and so should the P.

I have a 10 year library of Palm applications. I will be going with the P for those and the screen difference. Others prefer WM5. Pick your poison.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Henry!

Best to browse the 700W Forum for all they are doing with it.

As far as a hardware comparison (speculated 700P specs) vs. the 700W:

The P will have a 320x320 screen vs. the W's 240x240. The P is also speculated to have 52mb of user memory -- which probably translates into "more" memory for the P vs. the W, as the PalmOS and applications use less "space."

The W has EV-DO and so should the P.

I have a 10 year library of Palm applications. I will be going with the P for those and the screen difference. Others prefer WM5. Pick your poison.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry:

Every time I see you post this, I just have to believe that Verizon, and an unknown number of "new" 700w owners, are going to have severe "P" envy if you are right.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6.    #6  
    Many thanks for the reply. Hard to pass up the option of watching my TIVO from home over the Treo 700w. Man, what kind of battery life will that take!

Henry
    May I suggest a Seidio 2400 mAh battery, or a long extension cord.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryFriedman
    So, I am like 1000's of others waiting for the announcement of the new units. It seems from the discussions there will be a 700p and a 700w. Any advice, words on which one to sign a new 2 year agreement on?
    Hmmmm ...... Deja Vu all over again.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107398
    700w will always stream video better. If you don't use slingbox, you can use orb.

However it's a 240X240 screen so you are looking at a ****ty screen. If what you watch are mostly avi you can just load it to the SD card. TCPMP will play it just fine on 700p.

Honestly I would pick the 700w over a 700p if the resolution is the same and there is more memory. But right now I like 700p more, not to mention cheaper price with Sprint.

I am convinced like A2DP or fat32 support, if you wait most of the fansy wm programs like streaming will eventually show up on PalmOS.

p.s. hey nice avatar Lady Treo.
    I really like Polls.
    Like the Email Poll, it really showed that people prefer Chatter.
    When people post I like w, or I like p, it's hard to add up the final census.
    So can this thread be changed to a Poll?
    Just call me Berd.