Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had to talk to CS today and after being transferred 3 times and sitting on hold for 40 minutes I got sent deep into Sprint CS land. I ended up being helped by a CS rep high up in the knowledge ladder. He happened to be a PDA junkie like myself and asked me about my 6700. He said he was majorly siked about the 700p and told me how lousy his friends 700w was. I asked when it would be out and he said the first week of April. He asked me to hold a second and 2 minutes later he said he looked up some information and said it was pushed back to the last week of April.

I know everyone has a story of a friend of a friend that knows a jeweler that has their hair done by the wife of a Sprint employee but Im buying this one.

What I want to know is what is the best way to get a jump on the masses? I dont want to be told "Sorry its on back order".
    Hey Tem!

I have talked with my Sprint store for 6 months. . . . . . . I get their first one. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Good luck to you both !
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Is there any way that we can start charging for posting Treo announcement dates?

Maybe something like a $100 fee to post would help us cut thru all of the bs.
    Hey Tem!

Avatar's birthday is 4/24 . . . . . . .

Frankly, I believe the April/May for 700P on Sprint
    and July/August for the 700W on Sprint scenario makes sense. . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/13/2006 at 08:02 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    Is there any way that we can start charging for posting Treo announcement dates?

Maybe something like a $100 fee to post would help us cut thru all of the bs.
    If you dont have anything nice to say,,,,,,,,We'll I'll keep it to myself no point in making enemies over silly stuff.

I know what you mean,,,,, but If you were the one with info to share hopefully you would tell us about it. Im not slinky, Im (hopefully) a valued member of our community.
  7.    #7  
    Perry, you got PM
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    If the company that bought palm is doing away with the palm OS in favor of a Linux OS, do ya think that it's going to be called a 700p? Or will it be called a 700Lthatiscompatible with P?
  9.    #9  
    Well the rep called it a p.

AI hadn't read a thing about all that Linux stuff..... Its been an extremely busy semester.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    If the company that bought palm is doing away with the palm OS in favor of a Linux OS, do ya think that it's going to be called a 700p? Or will it be called a 700Lthatiscompatible with P?
    ALP (Access Linux Platform) will not be sent to developers until late this year, which means ALP devices will be late 2007 to early 2008. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/13/2006 at 08:27 PM.
    Arrrrggggg...wheres LT to back me up?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You gotta admit, by this point though, there's been so much rampant speculation, fraud and just incorrect information that it begins to erode the credibility of this fine establishment and those that post lurid details. Plus, it does get to be a little much to sift thru.

How's about we just make the 100 bucks due upon the incorrect debut date?
    Better yet, let's start a pool!

I guess 'fortunately' for me, that outside of EVDO the 700p is such an iterative upgrade that I might as well stay with my 650 until Sprint upgrades my area to EVDO. I think that's going to be this summer sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Well the rep called it a p.

AI hadn't read a thing about all that Linux stuff..... Its been an extremely busy semester.
    u didn't .....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    What's funny is at this point you would think we would at least have the month nailed down. We should be talking what week and not what month,
  15.    #15  
    You gotta admit, by this point though, there's been so much rampant speculation, fraud and just incorrect information that it begins to erode the credibility of this fine establishment and those that post lurid details. Plus, it does get to be a little much to sift thru.

How's about we just make the 100 bucks due upon the incorrect debut date?
    Better yet, let's start a pool!

I guess 'fortunately' for me, that outside of EVDO the 700p is such an iterative upgrade that I might as well stay with my 650 until Sprint upgrades my area to EVDO. I think that's going to be this summer sometime.
    Your right on all counts.

I've barely been on the board this semester so I hadnt read all the speculations. I feel your pain on the lack of EV. I moved from the big city to finish my BSRN in this little cr@p college town with no EV. And I have an EV phone
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    What's funny is at this point you would think we would at least have the month nailed down. We should be talking what week and not what month,
    We are talking what week
    How's about we just make the 100 bucks due upon the incorrect debut date? .
    I'll go for $100 for starting new threads about the 700p release date....isn't 17 or whatever we got enough ?
    Usually if we Treo Users call in the first day, I think they will have sufficient phones in stock to cover our orders. Now I do not know if we wait to day 2 or 3 we might get that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I had to talk to CS today and after being transferred 3 times and sitting on hold for 40 minutes I got sent deep into Sprint CS land. I ended up being helped by a CS rep high up in the knowledge ladder. He happened to be a PDA junkie like myself and asked me about my 6700. He said he was majorly siked about the 700p and told me how lousy his friends 700w was. I asked when it would be out and he said the first week of April. He asked me to hold a second and 2 minutes later he said he looked up some information and said it was pushed back to the last week of April.

I know everyone has a story of a friend of a friend that knows a jeweler that has their hair done by the wife of a Sprint employee but Im buying this one.

What I want to know is what is the best way to get a jump on the masses? I dont want to be told "Sorry its on back order".
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Tem!

I have talked with my Sprint store for 6 months. . . . . . . I get their first one. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Can I have the 10th or 50th pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!

J.G.
  20.    #20  
    I couldnt tag my info on to any of the other release date threads,,,,,,,,,, the titles were all wrong,,,,,,,, none of them said "700p last week of April".

And of course their all full of it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast