Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    Cmon Palm lets see something... I'll take a blurry 30x30 pixel image of someone holding a hollywood in a dark room. I have $500 sitting here waiting and it may go into a new LCD TV if I don't see something soon!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    Cmon Palm lets see something... I'll take a blurry 30x30 pixel image of someone holding a hollywood in a dark room. I have $500 sitting here waiting and it may go into a new LCD TV if I don't see something soon!
    Unless you've got an open contract, I doubt $500 will be enough...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Unless you've got an open contract, I doubt $500 will be enough...
    I thought he was offering $500 to see a blurry picture of someone holding a hollywood model. Well, guess I can delete that photoshop project.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  4.    #4  
    I do have an open contract thats why I'm dying here ... But a few more weeks of this and I might take the pic for $500... Maybe the pic will have cobalt on it
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I thought he was offering $500 to see a blurry picture of someone holding a hollywood model. Well, guess I can delete that photoshop project.
    How about Paris Hilton?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6. #6  
    I have already mentioned before that it's a bad idea for Palm to not announce until the last minute, for almost this very reason. Many people are not going to keep waiting around while Palm keeps jerking their chain!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    I fully understand the need to be somewhat secretive about devices. You don't want to tip your hand to the competition and you don't want to make promises that you end up not keeping. But I think that they should at the very least leak some general information about the devices that they plan to release in the next 6-8 months. The fact that they don't leads me to two possible conclusions:

    1) These new products are running behind schedule and will not be coming out anytime soon.

    or

    2) The new products are nothing to rave about and are just rehashes of the 650 (ie initial 700P specs)
  8. #8  
    I go for the latter. An EVDO radio and more memory is all I saw as improvements on the 700p.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    I fully understand the need to be somewhat secretive about devices. You don't want to tip your hand to the competition and you don't want to make promises that you end up not keeping. But I think that they should at the very least leak some general information about the devices that they plan to release in the next 6-8 months. The fact that they don't leads me to two possible conclusions:

    1) These new products are running behind schedule and will not be coming out anytime soon.

    or

    2) The new products are nothing to rave about and are just rehashes of the 650 (ie initial 700P specs)

    I think you are conclusions are the only thing close to reality .
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 03/13/2006 at 11:03 PM.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have already mentioned before that it's a bad idea for Palm to not announce until the last minute, for almost this very reason. Many people are not going to keep waiting around while Palm keeps jerking their chain!
    Agreed, the digitizer on my Zire 71 is dying and I'm a few months past due on my 2yr rebate. Been trying to hold out for the 700p , but if my Zire finally kicks the bucket before Palm releases the new treo I think the PPC 6700 will be my next device. Palm needs to react before more of us defect to the M$ side. Palm? Hello?
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have already mentioned before that it's a bad idea for Palm to not announce until the last minute, for almost this very reason. Many people are not going to keep waiting around while Palm keeps jerking their chain!
    Palm is not the only one jerking my chain...I am jerking my chain awaiting this phone.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    Agreed, the digitizer on my Zire 71 is dying and I'm a few months past due on my 2yr rebate. Been trying to hold out for the 700p , but if my Zire finally kicks the bucket before Palm releases the new treo I think the PPC 6700 will be my next device. Palm needs to react before more of us defect to the M$ side. Palm? Hello?

    Agreed. My Zire 72 kicked the bucket just a few weeks ago and palm wants to charge $175 to repair it, which is ridiculous. I am using an old Palm IIIx right now to try and keep my schedule with me. I don't want to spend like $200 on a device to use for only a month and a half before my Sprint contract is up. Once it's up I am going to be buying a new PDA phone and if Palm hasn't released any information by then, I won't be getting a Palm product, and it seems that I'm not alone in this.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  13. #13  
    I am thinking of the 6700 its getting so bad. I put that next to cannibalism when your stranded on an island with some friends. A colleague I work with uses the 6700 and I am not sold on the form factor even though its got pipes. I feel like I am holding a cinder block when using it.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Agreed. My Zire 72 kicked the bucket just a few weeks ago and palm wants to charge $175 to repair it, which is ridiculous. I am using an old Palm IIIx right now to try and keep my schedule with me. I don't want to spend like $200 on a device to use for only a month and a half before my Sprint contract is up. Once it's up I am going to be buying a new PDA phone and if Palm hasn't released any information by then, I won't be getting a Palm product, and it seems that I'm not alone in this.
    I've found replacement screens on ebay for around $70. I just don't want to spend money on a device when it will be replaced so soon.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I am thinking of the 6700 its getting so bad. I put that next to cannibalism when your stranded on an island with some friends. A colleague I work with uses the 6700 and I am not sold on the form factor even though its got pipes. I feel like I am holding a cinder block when using it.
    The 6700 may be a brick, but it's the only EV-DO pda phone that can tether w/o worry of Sprints new tracking system. And the keyboard rocks, reminds me of the one on my old 95lx actually.

    The QVGA screen and known activesync issues are why I keep holding out for the 700p.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    The 6700 may be a brick, but it's the only EV-DO pda phone that can tether w/o worry of Sprints new tracking system. And the keyboard rocks, reminds me of the one on my old 95lx actually.

    The QVGA screen and known activesync issues are why I keep holding out for the 700p.
    I did not know that Sprint has tracking capabilities on the tether. Sprint at least leaves the phone enabled. Greedy Verizon doesn't.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have already mentioned before that it's a bad idea for Palm to not announce until the last minute, for almost this very reason. Many people are not going to keep waiting around while Palm keeps jerking their chain!
    With all due respect LT, from which university did you receive your MBA? There is absolutely no advantage to Palm to pre-announce, and quite a number of good reasons why they should not. It's out of print now, but John Dvorak wrote a history of the late Osborne Computer Corporation in a book called "Hypergrowth." One of the many sins of Adam Osborne (may he rest in peace) was to pre-announce the next version. Customers sat on their wallets awaiting the Next Big Thing, cash flow dried up, stock piled up in warehouses, manufacturing delays stalled the new line, and bankruptcy followed shortly thereafter.

    Or, as is written in another book of the same era that is still in print (Bored of the Rings):
    "Against the True King Sorhed's workin',
    So play your cards close to your jerkin.
    For fortune strums a mournful tune,
    For those whose campaigns peak too soon."



    -- Bill
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    I've found replacement screens on ebay for around $70. I just don't want to spend money on a device when it will be replaced so soon.

    Nah, it wasn't a screen issue, it was a Palm device fried issue. If it was just the screen, I'd be all over that. In fact, the screen worked very nicely. (I got it to start up a few times later, but it always died soon after, and it wasn't a battery issue either. I think the circutry got fried at some point (lots of static electricity around here).

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  19. #19  
    any forum out there where htc- employees post ?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcap
    With all due respect LT, from which university did you receive your MBA? There is absolutely no advantage to Palm to pre-announce, and quite a number of good reasons why they should not. It's out of print now, but John Dvorak wrote a history of the late Osborne Computer Corporation in a book called "Hypergrowth." One of the many sins of Adam Osborne (may he rest in peace) was to pre-announce the next version. Customers sat on their wallets awaiting the Next Big Thing, cash flow dried up, stock piled up in warehouses, manufacturing delays stalled the new line, and bankruptcy followed shortly thereafter.

    Or, as is written in another book of the same era that is still in print (Bored of the Rings):
    "Against the True King Sorhed's workin',
    So play your cards close to your jerkin.
    For fortune strums a mournful tune,
    For those whose campaigns peak too soon."



    -- Bill
    Damn...with all due respect, that makes sence, and I don't have my MBA. I took economics and marketing in college though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions