1.    #1  
    So, what is it really? (Searched the web for clues of course...)

- Is is different hardware vendors?
    - Is it HW A -> GSM, HW B -> CDMA?
    - HW A -> Old version, HW B -> Newer version, w/ enhancements, bug-fixes?
    - Different processor versions?

- mvk
    Game over!
    I have NO IDEA. I'm sure someone around here knows though.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Try searching here too....it's been discussed several times...any you'll see nobody really knows for sure.

Except for the speaker icon being solid black or an outline (next to the ringer mute switch). Some claim a bringhter screen, brighter (or blue-er) keyboard light, softer or harder keypress, sharper or brighter camera, etc. Pretty subjective data. Some speculate different hardware manufacturers, which seems likely, but I don't think was ever proven.

I know....not very helpful. I've had both an A and a B. Except for a minor cosmetic difference they seem pretty much the same to me.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I have had both A and B.

Without a doubt, B resets much less than A.

If you have A, and it's still under warranty, I would swap out for B.

And upgrade to the lastest firmware (1.13 for Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I have had both A and B.

Without a doubt, B resets much less than A.
    I have not had the same experience. Both Treos I have had hardly ever reset. I have A now and reset less than once a month. And I use my Treo constantly, with lots of apps. B gave me the same experience. The B screen was slightly brighter, but I dim my screen anyway. To me there has been no perceivable difference other than the icon on the ringer mute switch.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    My understanding is that some of the internal components in A have been replaced by newer versions in B models. Sometimes it makes a difference in stability, sometimes not. Pretty minor stuff, but it's supposed to be a slightly better model.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 650 replaced with a hardware version B and everthing seems the same except I can't overclock (with pxaclocker) past 429mhz or i get a reset. The last Treo I had I was able to overclock to 468mhz.
    y can't i send email w/versamail, i get this code 500.5.5.1 unrecongnized starttls
    can anyone help pls....