Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    For the most, my Treo 650 rarely resets itself over software issues. Lately, however, as I was checking through my calendar (viewing my entries day after day in the month) my treo suddenly did a reset. Confused, I decided to brush it off...till I began looking through my calendar again and to my surprise, it reset again. Now I realize that everytime I look through my entries per day of the month one after the other, my treo resets. Any ideas?
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov
  2. #2  
    have you tried running dbscan?
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    have you tried running dbscan?
    No, what is that?
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov
  4. #4  
    it is supposed to scan your calendar db for corruption.
    see if you can find it at mytreo.net
    Just call me Berd.
  5. #5  
    That's a really weird bug. If I come across any solutions I'll let you know. Why did you post this thread 3 times?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  6. #6  
    There is a known bug in all Treos...if you try to switch apps to quickly or use the 5-way rapidly, the Treo resets.

    Been there since the beginning.

    You can blame Garnet for this fun - the OS can't keep up and pukes.

    Until then, grin and bear it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    There is a known bug in all Treos...if you try to switch apps to quickly or use the 5-way rapidly, the Treo resets.

    Been there since the beginning.

    You can blame Garnet for this fun - the OS can't keep up and pukes.

    Until then, grin and bear it.
    I have never experienced this "known bug".
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I have never experienced this "known bug".
    I haven't either, unless of course my calendar database has 'sh*t the bed' on me. But running dbScan will usally fix it.



    !!!! CMSNeuro: Look for attached file below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, sorry about that posting thing, I was trying to post this via my treo but for some reason the GPRS connection went dead on mean each time, but I guess it really did work, heh.

    Yeah, i'm gonna try to run that scan thing. The fact that the treo sometimes resets for me is common. Last time it reset (aside form the calendar thing) was me just trying to quickly make a call as I got out of another program, or just switched. It's as if it weren't able to handle it for some reason...which can be pretty annoying at times because the Treo can end up freezing up or resetting, not allowing me to make that quick call I had intended on making, but rather making it a wait-for-the-reset-and-then-call. I already want the new Treos for GSM to come out, because this phone is making me want to switch to something else till they come out with the newer model(s).
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CMSNeuro
    Yeah, sorry about that posting thing, I was trying to post this via my treo but for some reason the GPRS connection went dead on mean each time, but I guess it really did work, heh.
    Just FYI, TreoCentral "hiccups" every morning at 12am (3amET.) Probably doing an internal backup. More than likely, judging by your post time, this is what happened, and was not because of your Treo.

    Just thought you should know.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CMSNeuro
    Yeah, sorry about that posting thing, I was trying to post this via my treo but for some reason the GPRS connection went dead on mean each time, but I guess it really did work, heh.
    You must have fixed the post cause it looks alright to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMSNeuro
    Yeah, i'm gonna try to run that scan thing.
    That would be where I would start. If running dbscan does not work, I will be surprised! There are a few steps you must go through to make it work right. (I will be back with a link for you, shortly)

    Quote Originally Posted by CMSNeuro
    The fact that the treo sometimes resets for me is common.
    This is not normal! There are a few things I would like to ask you.
    1) How much space do you have left on the internal memory of your Treo?
    If less than 5MB try and move some of the programs to the SD card via a program such as PowerRun, or ZLauncher, or some other such 'launchers'.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMSNeuro
    Last time it reset (aside form the calendar thing) was me just trying to quickly make a call as I got out of another program, or just switched. It's as if it weren't able to handle it for some reason...which can be pretty annoying at times because the Treo can end up freezing up or resetting, not allowing me to make that quick call I had intended on making, but rather making it a wait-for-the-reset-and-then-call. I already want the new Treos for GSM to come out, because this phone is making me want to switch to something else till they come out with the newer model(s).
    I am sorry you are having such issues, but I feel we can get them resolved. With a few of the folks around here.
  12.    #12  
    I have 14.4 MB left, with a few programs on the SD card. I don't run any sort of launchers on the Treo, so i'm not sure what it could be.
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov

Posting Permissions