Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I am one of those gadget nuts who has owned, or tried for 30 days, every pda and top of the line phone out there at one time or another. Through the last few years, I always had an excuse to buy a new toy because something better would always come out.

I have that itch again to get something new and over the last couple of months I have talked myself into selling my Treo 650 four or five times and get something new.

I can't do it. I cannot find any other device that will do what my Treo does. The only choice I will have is if and when the 700P comes out. I almost bought a Razr V3 today but Cingular has pulled all of them off the shelf due to a flaw. I'm taking that as an omen.

As of this hour and minute, I am fine having my Treo.
    I'm satisfied with my 650 as well. Although the HTC Wizard DID catch my eye...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I was at Cingular today, and looked at an 8125. They only had a demo which was junk but all you really gain on these new slide PPC's is about a half an inch of screen that is only 240 X 240. It's wasn't a bad design but my Treo looked 100% BETTER.
    If what you got works for you and your fine with it; then why not keep it? Just because something is new doesn't mean you should get it... Personaly I got the 700w mainly for the network speed. Some people simply don't need/want that, so the 650 is fine.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I know. I agree. I just needed to vent my frustation with myself. I hate wanting a new toy when there's nothing better to get.

Truthfully, the only improvement that I would like on my 650 is a better sounding speaker phone.

I think the 700w is an awesome device but I had a 600 before and couldn't take the lower resolution screen. I know to some that is not an important factor but it's a big one for me.
    The 8125 is 320x240. Standard for QVGA.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Despite having plonked down a lot of money for the Treo 650 just a couple of weeks back, and despite having some "issues" with it, I am considering purchasing another one for times when it will no longer be in production... no kidding.

But then, I am known to be rather irrational at times.

I know there will be times when I'll long for WiFi... 3G... whatever...

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/11/2006 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Grammar...
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I agree with the screen resolution issue. I view a lot of photos and movies on my Treo, so to move to a device with a lower resolution screen would really suck.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I think the 650 will go down as a classic smartphone. We'll look back in a few years and really appreaciate what we had. Heck, I saw the "supposed" specs of the new 700p and they don't make me want to upgrade. Has more ram (don't really need it), better camera(nice but not enough to buy) and I guess, can use high-speed data (which I don't even have in my area).
    I don't have EVDO access either. Hawaii's WAY behind the tech curve.
    Yes, I think the 650 will go down as one of those "watershed" devices...the ones that set a new standard for years to come and move large numbers of peeps forward in technology....so far Hermes is the only thing that made me take a 2nd look.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The worse part of Microsoft pda/phone is that you can't close the programs. Once they're started, they stay in memory unless you manually go into a proram manager and close them. if you only use a couple of the same programs. all the time, it is good, but after a while, without realizing it, you have every program you have, running in the background.

As far as the screen resolution is concerned, the overall screen is 320 X 240 but the half inch of screen that you gain is still equivalent to 240 X 240.

Memory is an issue with the 650 but I remember just a year or two ago we were all complaining our pda's only had 256K of memory. Does anyone know how much memory the 700P is expected to have?
    That and the buried menus are the 2 things that **** me off about WM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by phaggard
    The worse part of Microsoft pda/phone is that you can't close the programs. Once they're started, they stay in memory unless you manually go into a proram manager and close them. if you only use a couple of the same programs. all the time, it is good, but after a while, without realizing it, you have every program you have, running in the background.
    Why don't you just use Wisbar, or Magic Button?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I keep forgetting to download Magic Button. Thanks for reminding me!

psssst....go get Magic Button.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I know I'm extending myself beyond my 'noob' status by asking a question, but is Magic Button at all similar to the POS app that lets you control Pocket Tunes with your 2-in-1 headset?
    Hey, at least we did not have a lot of rain today! However, what's coming next week...rain and an increase in the gas cap.

Ben

-=

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I don't have EVDO access either. Hawaii's WAY behind the tech curve.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    You know I really got to say at this point my 650 is not replaceable. There are so many things that the 650 does that I can't find in any other device on the market. I have used Windows Mobile devices good ones too, and bad ones, everything from the HP 6315, Siemens SX66, and the HP 6515, I have used a great deal of devices and none of them come close to doing what my Treo does without a fault. The only one that was close was the 6515 but as far as using one handed, man it sucked! I have played with the 700w and it does a good job, but what about great apps that I use like Chatter! I couldn't get through the day without Chatter, and threaded text. It seems silly but if you have used threaded text you realize how cool it is and how it makes a conversation through text so much easier, also, why have a keyboard for text and not thread it, you carry on these big conversations and keep forgetting what you typed the last message. Oh well I rambled enough.... Yes my Treo 650 cannot be replaced!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast