Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The samsung sgh-i310 that had a 3gb hard drive like yesterday and been upgraded to 8gb. This is like wthin a year, while we claim the have the ultimate smartphone, we cant even get 2gb unless coughng up another $100 for an sd card
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5012.html
    I've said this before about Palm. But I guess they want to stick with tried and true but also OLDER features. Notice how a lot of their Treo "updates"(rumored or otherwise) should have been on the LAST model.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    This is just crap. My Treo is like choke full of apps. No more space for anything and half of these apps can't run from the sd card
    Last edited by tj8212; 03/09/2006 at 08:50 PM.
    I have 72 apps on my 650....19 MB free main memory and about 700MB free on the card....just what do you have on there ?

As for Samsung's Ipod phone....w/o UTMS who will buy that today but the kiddies ?....certainly no business reason to own one.....full qwerty KB ? Touchscreen ? 320 x 320 ? can only fit so much stuff into the proverbial 6 oz bag.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 03/10/2006 at 09:24 AM.
    A lot of beauties like HTC Hermes (T-Mobile MDA Vario II) or Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX T830 or Samsung SGH-i300 and Nokia E-Series have been presented these days in Hannover and last week in Barcelona.

I don't want to open a sw related thread at all (I still love POS and my 650)...........but I really start being annoyed by Palm and his "uninnovative approach". Guys..........the last POS Smartphone has been released by Palm 1.5 years ago!!!!

From an hw point of view Symbian and MS hw producers are increasing the gap with us DAILY!!!!

BTW take a look here and start deraming about something like this with POS!!!

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/6527.html
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/6538.html

.....hopefully in less than ages!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I feel the same way!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I would like a treo with a 4gb hard drive, but I doubt we will get one anytime soon.
    A 4Gb SD card should work even better.

Surur
    Kids are using WM5 now?? Well I suppose it's possible. But I think a lot of other people would buy this phone also. It has a nice form factor. No keyboard, but then neither does the 2125 or SDA.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I want a large(at least 4gb) flash-based internal storage for the treo, so the sd slot can be used for other purposes.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    You have to remember that Palm are a relatively small company, they can't bring out products with the frequency of companies like Nokia, HP, Siemens, Samsung etc. Sure it's annoying but as long as the products they do release are good enough then both them and us are happy
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Also there is something else that you need to consider. It is Palm's policy to not reveal their products before hand.
    I would like to see at least 4gb flash storage on the next model. for as much as these phones cost, we deserve that.
    My complain is the screen is too small (hello buy one get one free cheap phones) and the connecter is even worst than the 2.5mm jack.

It's so hard to find SD card mp3 phone nowadays, except the POS Moto E3.
    I really doubt that the next Treo released by Palm will be even close to the phones shown at Cebit technology wise.
  16.    #16  
    Dont know if you have all be reading the blogs but the devices being released on wm5 are just way way better than the Treo. have a look at this
    http://www.pocketpcitalia.com/News/2...8Immagini%2Dl/
    Lets face it, with no new Palm or Linux OS coming out soon, I really dont see how the Treo is going to compete. Heck, I may not want the 700p, or even the Hollywood based on whats being released
    Last edited by tj8212; 03/11/2006 at 09:45 PM.
    Dont know if you have all be reading the blogs but the fish evolving with bony skeletons are just way way better than sharks. Lets face it, with no new Great White or Mako coming out soon, I really dont see how sharks are going to compete. Heck, I don't even want the Tiger Shark, or even the Hammerhead based on whats in the sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Kids are using WM5 now?? Well I suppose it's possible. But I think a lot of other people would buy this phone also. It has a nice form factor. No keyboard, but then neither does the 2125 or SDA.
    Our local high school just banned iPods, phones and all that because it was too much of a distraction and because of the "class distinctions" it wa sbecoming a crime issue. Kids walking round with a $400 iPod and a $150 cell phone might as well ahve one of these. That big HD is being marketed as a place to store tunes, not exactly a business function.

"Samsung SGH-i310 is a fantastic smartphone, that may completely sway your mind, particularly if you are a lover of music (or of another audio, like podcasts). "
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    That big HD is being marketed as a place to store tunes, not exactly a business function.
    Yeah but it runs wm5 so you can do anything you do with a ppc or a treo 700w for that mater. So if you want to use it as a business device and screen real estate and qwerty is not that important to you , you can use this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    BTW take a look here and start deraming about something like this with POS!!!

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/6527.html
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/6538.html
    Well tye 1st bunch are iPod phones so I gonna skip them. The 2nd bunch:

T-Mobile MDA Vario II Due out in the third quarter of 2006, price unknown....same time as Hollywood.

Nokia E61 - no camera, no PDA, no headphone jack, no touchscreen and 3G is WCDMA....due out this March....it's March. Also see http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/com...%5D=&id%5B%5D=

Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX T830 - The most interesting one of the bunch....HSDPA version not spec'd tho....and of course MW5 . The 800 series phone sare expected in July in Europe starting at around $850 US..., not here till who knows when.

Sony Ericsson M600i - pale compeitor to the 990...not in same league.

BenQ-Siemens P51 - BenQ is not excatly known for delivering announced products.....years is not unusual. And No 3G

Other than FS, none of these gives me the slightest pause. The two (FS and Nokia) most compelling won't be available here before Hollywood so I can't really see what there is to beef about.

If it is because they have made announcements well MS said they were eliminating 3,000 bugs with Win2k....and they introduced 28,000 new ones. These outfits have nothing to lose as they have no significant sales in this market. They want to drum up interest for their entry into the marketplace and have no sales to lose. Why doesn't palm fight vaporware announcements with vaporware ? Cause they don't have to.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast